Nov 12, 2009
New Brunswick
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C6
I have a 2006 A6 with 120K miles on the clock. This car is likely the most enjoyable, with the least issues of any other vehicle I have owned.
No alarms on any system until yesterday. SERVICE ACTIVE HANDLING SYSTEM

Luckily, I purchased a GM NANO (Tech II) for my laptop, but only used it last year to match a replacement Nav system to the VIN # of my vehicle.
I hooked the Nano up, and scanned for codes on the Antibrake Locksystem. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) that popped up was C0710 - Steering Wheel Position Sensor (SWPS)
Having been on C6 forums for many years, I remembered that there was a TSB on this code back in the early years of the C6.
After removing the required panels under the steering wheel, I located the SWPS connector, and realized that the TSB had been carried out prior to me purchasing the car in 2009.
It had the electrical tape, the zip tie as per the TSB in place. I unplugged the connector, removed the tape and zip tie, made sure that the pins on the female connector were seated, then redid the tape and zip as per the TSB, assuring that the wiring had some play in it to allow for the telescopic wheel to have full range without stretching the wiring at the connector.
I cleared the DTC code and restarted a diagnostic scan check, and all was well on all systems. No more code. Dollars spent $0.00 ( the saving from staying away from a GM service center more than paid for the C$120.00 I paid for the GM NANO, back a few years ago.

Hopefully, anyone getting this message will check the connector in question as a starting point.
I have attached the TSB, for info purposes.

Attachments

• TSB -Active Handling.pdf
    365.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Informative
Reactions: Carson and 12cents
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread