One thing you will notice on this forum , is that we are all pretty easy going .

Calm heads on this forum and none of the BS filler you find else where .

If you ever need anything your ZR1 just call me and I will certainly look after it for you .

You will however find that your ZR1 is a very reliable car , I do hope to see at my shop one day ..................at least for our Coping Center Charity Show on May 25th :canada:

Once again congrats and welcome to the forum .

Best of luck and speedy recovery on your knee surgery .

Last edited:
navion,
just be grateful you didn't have to save up to get your
knees replaced !! [g]. You would still be saving, and hobbling !

As Riley said.....how one pays for the car is up to each person.

All the best for next week.

Tony,
welland

Thx. Tony and Manny for your thoughts. I hope the knee surgery goes well and not too long for recovery. Manny, if everything is working properly with my knees, I assure you I will be at your place for Coping show. And I appreciate your offer to look after my ZR1 too.

I feel I owe the members on this forum an apology. My most recent post, upon reading it again this a.m. appears to me to be a little on the arrogant side when I was referring to not having to make monthly payments. I want to assure all of the members that was not my intention at all. I have been saving for a very, very long time to buy the ZR1 and wanted to be able to pay for it entirely in cash. I did not mean any disrespect to those members who are perhaps not as fortunate as me to be able to do this and must make a monthly payment. I sincerely hope I have not offended anyone and if I have, I truly apologize.

Never crossed my mind Navion. So glad to hear about your purchase and best of luck with the surgery.
Look forward to seeing your car at the Coping event.
Greg.
[mob][/mob]

Well, I just returned from my local Service Ontario centre to try and order personalized plates. I had several selections in mind but they accepted my very first choice. I am shocked! 6-8 weeks for the guys in the pen to stamp it and then have it delivered. Probably just about the same time the new ZR1 will arrive from the U.S., maybe a little sooner, and by then I hope I will be fit to drive. Can't wait to get her sideways!

Well, I'm back with both good news and bad. The good news is the operation went OK on both knees but have been in ICU the past 4 days due to a complication with the heart called Atrial Fibrillation. They don't know if it was caused by the operation or whether I have had for a while and just never knew it. It is treatable with drugs but now comes the bad news. I believe I have mentioned that I am also a licensed pilot. Unfortunately, with the prescription drug I will need to take to keep the afib under control means I must give up my license to Transport Canada and fly no more. Cars have always been my first passion but having to give up flying, my second most favourite passion is really devestating. I am supposedly getting out of the hospital here in Collingwood on Wednesday next week and then start physiotherapy. Boy I can hardly wait! Thx. to all who have sent pms and on the site well wishes. They are really appreciated as those of you who have had both knees replaced will confirm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.