This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

1980 Corvette rebuild

Hi Grumpy 427,
Nice work. I am originally from Regina a still have friends there...Zeosix (white 01 Zo6) Ginger (Red Zo6). I was at a few burger baron/canadian tire shows last summer. Regina is hosting a corvette meet in Sept long weekend. I was in Saskatoon last weekend and LATNC5 told me about your thread and I just had to comment on your nice work. :coolgleam:

Thanks. Well we are not having fun lol every little thing that can go wrong is. The 3" airfilter will not fit under the hood, so will have to try a 2.5" paper one or a 2" then go buy a K&N and hope it lets enough air through.

Ok a couple of things got finished this week. I got the lower alternator bracket corrected. I had Bernie machine me a bushing, and i got my air cleaner trouble solved. I ended up wit ha drop base bottom, a K&N 3" filter and a MR gasket flat top. Thats the only way to fit it under the hood.

Picture of flat top needed.

Awesome, you hid your switch for the nitrous very well, I can't even see it!

When do you expect to be on the road? I guess not too soon, eh? I was in Regina this weekend and it looked like the middle of January with all the snow on the ground.

Great job on the car!!

The headers should be here this week, plus i am on holidays as well. It should be on the ground by the end of the month i hope. You should of hit me up, i was around all weekend? Drop me a line next time your coming down.

if the 3" Filter fitted yours, perhaps I should try it too... I dont remember why I used the 2"...I think its because I tried a 2.5" and did not fit...but now I am not sure... you say you used the 2101 Elderbrock Intake Manifold?

I will post pictures today of the final setup, as the parts are on the way and still in the DHL truck. I used the 2701 intake which is 3/4" taller then stock. The carb is a 1406. I used an Edelbrock air cleaner, but only the bottom drop base the top will not clear the hood due to the rise in the lid. I ordered a FLAT top to go with this 3" K&N air filter as it will fit.

The headers should be here this week, plus i am on holidays as well. It should be on the ground by the end of the month i hope. You should of hit me up, i was around all weekend? Drop me a line next time your coming down.

Will do! This was a pretty packed weekend with not very much spare time. However, I'll send you a line the next time I come down and have a couple minutes to rub together.:coolgleam:

RUBBING? Ok well this is 2010 so whatever is fashionable.lolol

AH! Hahahaaaa. Now I see how you read it. I was referencing having extra time. I switched the saying of having a couple dollar bills to rub together with minutes to rub together. Ha...yes...that reads terribly.

So, let me rephrase, I'll let you know when I have time on my hands the next time I come down. No rubbing of any sort I assure you.