Nov 29, 2019
Etobicoke
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 2LT Z51
Province
ON
So today is the one year anniversary of my pick up of our C8. I have completely enjoyed the car and now have 19,000 km's on her. Just added the 2 litres of DCT fluid so I could track the car yesterday for the first time. A noticeable difference in sound and smoothness of shifts once completed. Had a great day at Motorsport Park with the tracking. While I am still a novice driver, it was great to get her up to 235 kms on the back straightaway. I am still waiting (not so patiently now) for my welcome gift. No shape model in sight. I have now waited longer for the model then I did for the car!
Again rather have the car than the model but really one year to deliver a gift? come on GM!
IMG_5995.JPG

Like your car and licence plate; nice! It's been almost 10 months since I took delivery and like you I have no speed shape model. I was told a while back that my Blade Silver colour was on back-order. I assume they're having production problems, likely exacerbated by COVID. We're told my the GM execs that we WILL get it eventually. You might try calling the GM help line to ask...some have found there's an address problem. I suspect however it's simply late.

Reactions: ABC
Like your car and licence plate; nice! It's been almost 10 months since I took delivery and like you I have no speed shape model. I was told a while back that my Blade Silver colour was on back-order. I assume they're having production problems, likely exacerbated by COVID. We're told my the GM execs that we WILL get it eventually. You might try calling the GM help line to ask...some have found there's an address problem. I suspect however it's simply late.
Yes I have a email thread as long as my arm with one of the CSR's at GM. No answers. Still waiting on details from "Marketing" So clearly issues going on that no one wants to address. Glad to hear I am not the only missing link in the VIN delivery line. So many more recent purchasers have their models it is clear there are gaps in sequencing to the VIN build list. In my world most back orders are addressed using FIFO, First in First Out. but there is the LIFO for Last in First Out. I am thinking GM would rather keep current buyers happy as our ship has sailed. they will get to us when they get to us. I get it.

Yes I have a email thread as long as my arm with one of the CSR's at GM. No answers. Still waiting on details from "Marketing" So clearly issues going on that no one wants to address. Glad to hear I am not the only missing link in the VIN delivery line. So many more recent purchasers have their models it is clear there are gaps in sequencing to the VIN build list. In my world most back orders are addressed using FIFO, First in First Out. but there is the LIFO for Last in First Out. I am thinking GM would rather keep current buyers happy as our ship has sailed. they will get to us when they get to us. I get it.

I don't think it's the "FIFO" system but rather based upon the particular colour of your C8. I note some like Murray and others in Canada with their torch red seemed to all get them around the same time. Regardless, it will likely remain a mystery and this same time next year it'll all be a distant memory, since I KNOW (LOL) by then all 2020 owners will have their welcome kits complete with what will likely be an expired certificate entitling us to a 2-day Ron Fellows Performance Driving School subsidized course, to be used w/i the first year of ownership (not that it matters: all you need to register/participate is your VIN).

Hate to say it ABC but your plight does make me feel a little better. Today, I'm 5 weeks away from my 1 year anniversary and no Torch Red Speed Shaped Model as well. They do say it's coming though so thats a good thing. I forget all about it when I'm driving the car :canada: .
That surprises me! Our cars were built close together and I got my Torch Red dust collector.

Well today Christmas came early. A 12 month wait since my car was delivered. Happy to have it! Have to put it in the front window with a light just like the leg lamp in Christmas Story.
EEC73E42-B04D-4D86-8B85-79E1C0471D4B.jpeg

Attachments

• A845EFB0-ADF2-4AC0-B209-D85D4F1E8576.jpeg
    A845EFB0-ADF2-4AC0-B209-D85D4F1E8576.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
  • D75DD016-337B-435D-9630-B112CF9EA029.jpeg
    D75DD016-337B-435D-9630-B112CF9EA029.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
  • 957F6EBC-EB24-411D-A914-185D6B999FBD.jpeg
    957F6EBC-EB24-411D-A914-185D6B999FBD.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 24
  • 00EDFBFE-FD41-485C-A14D-3C7BBC751081.jpeg
    00EDFBFE-FD41-485C-A14D-3C7BBC751081.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
Well today Christmas came early. A 12 month wait since my car was delivered. Happy to have it! Have to put it in the front window with a light just like the leg lamp in Christmas Story.View attachment 84519
So Happy for you Andrew!
... and so the torch gets passed?
4 weeks from today will be one full year of C8 ownership for me. If there are any other Canadians waiting longer for the Speed Shaped Model, please post up here to help ease the pain, lol.

My AYM is one year old today and I’m still waiting for my GM “gift”. My car was delivered in only 10.5 months, but the model ……….??
It will come. Mine just did.
How does your toy colour look against your "Toy" colour?
I have not put the two together yet to compare. I shall do that when I get home and let you know. Will post the pic? How did yours match?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.