Dec 23, 2013
Winnipeg
VetteCoins
Car
1976/2014 Coupes
If you want one there are 9 of them in Edmonton at a dealer we won't mention, but I think every one nows who I'm talking about and all of them listed on their web site, don't list any prices must still be all the american cars they imported
I'm sure the cost is !@$$$%^@#%#$@$:(:(:(:(

Canadian greed

The idea of paying $20,000 - $30,000 over Canadian MSRP for a Z06 with a questionable warranty was unattractive, so I bought my Z06 from an Ontario dealer decent enough to price the car at MSRP. Apart from the frightful hardship of driving it 2200 miles to Edmonton (and then begging the federal government to return the 8% Ontario sales tax to this Alberta resident), there is no downside. The oil price crash has brought unemployment to Sherwood Park, schadenfreude elsewhere.

There is no questionable GM warranty with a US version. 6months/12k km is uncovered unless the dealer wants to cover it themselves; GM is very clear on that. This is all GM imports and not just the Corvette.

http://www.ucanimport.com/warranty_policies.aspx

As for the PST, perhaps you wont get charged it whatsoever as I am not from Quebec to Ontario. My tax will be paid when I register in Ontario and this has already been explained by my dealer.

If you want one there are 9 of them in Edmonton at a dealer we won't mention, but I think every one nows who I'm talking about and all of them listed on their web site, don't list any prices must still be all the american cars they imported
I'm sure the cost is !@$$$%^@#%#$@$:(:(:(:(

I hope they sit there all summer.

this Stealership used to mail me pink envelopes just before Valentines Day with some car sale promotion card and it was return addressed by the Gen mgr's name ( sent to a guy from a guy ).

After 3 years of pink envelopes I left them a letter saying remove me from your mailing list as I didn't want my mail delivery person to think I was gay.

They never sent me one this year.

I said I wonder how many other car guys thought the same and got pissed off.

The economy is off here in Alberta, big ticket items might be a harder sell this year.

B

I "saved" $40k by getting on the local list early. I have never paid MSRP so that was tough enough to swallow. With the leftover 15's in the US and some US dealers offering discounts I could see more US cars heading north. Even with the down economy in Alberta the really nice and rare cars are still moving off the lots. Its the BMW's and Audi's that were a stretch for the average person to afford that are taking a hit.

To think I almost put a deal together with them when they had a buyer back out of their first fall Z06 delivery. Hate to admit it but the dealer was selling it to me MSRP and then when we went to make the changes, they were denied as the status went from 2000 to 3000 during the course of those changes.

In Edmonton all week and had the opportunity to drop by Sherwood. Without a doubt they have to be the largest Vette dealer in Canada by any means of imagination and the Vette is in demand here like nowhere else in Canada I must say. Pulling into the lot, an ecstatic new Z06 owner was pulling away when he and his passenger pulled right before the roadway just to admire his new car. They got out blocking the exit and just looked at it, this younger guy with a grin that couldn't be wiped off. We then looked at a white Z06 with a custom paint job in the showroom...sold. There are three more yellow Z06s on the front right, one a convertible. They also have 5 other other Z06 older models right beside these. We swung around back and a black Z06 was being prepped in the garage while 7 other stingrays and another Z06 were sitting in back with there original white covers on.

My build is scheduled for the 11th and still a go ahead...can't wait!

I got asked several times if I wanted to see Jim but declined as I have no need but saw him showing one off to buyers at one point. I know we all don't like cars being sold at what seems to be unbelievable profit (159k for a U.S. Imported Z06) but trust me, the dollar is speaking very loudly on this lot.

I picked her up today. The sound. Oh my god the sound. Also had the entire car done in Xpel Ultimate, and it looks amazing. I'm half way home now and can't wait to get back on the road!

While on the 401 I pulled up with another 2015 white Z06 vert that was beside a viper... what are the odds of seeing two white z06's side by side in Canada? Also pulled up to a C6 Z06 that had to catch up to take a good look.

It's definitely a head turner. I've never got so many thumbs up while out driving in my life!

I told you the online videos do the exhaust no justice. One of the nicest sounding cars I've heard. Down right angry under heavy throttle and load in sport setting. The exhaust note to people outside the car is a head turner. How far did your run today?

Enjoy the hell out of it!

Last edited:
I picked her up today. The sound. Oh my god the sound. Also had the entire car done in Xpel Ultimate, and it looks amazing. I'm half way home now and can't wait to get back on the road!

While on the 401 I pulled up with another 2015 white Z06 vert that was beside a viper... what are the odds of seeing two white z06's side by side in Canada? Also pulled up to a C6 Z06 that had to catch up to take a good look.

It's definitely a head turner. I've never got so many thumbs up while out driving in my life!

Get used to the pictures and every trip taking longer. Congratulations! I would do the xpel again in a heartbeat. 1800 km already and the car is still spotless. Only one mark in the xpel on the front splitter, and that should self heal.

I Pm'd him right after he posted but he had a two day return trip. Budd's did the Xpel before he picked it up. I noticed it moved from the front window where it had been for weeks for a bit. Then back. Budd's would have most likely tagged a fee on top I would think.

Here is the link to the Xpel certified installers in Canada

<div style="border:1px solid #990000;padding-left:20px;margin:0 0 10px 0;"> <h4>A PHP Error was encountered</h4> <p>Severity: Notice</p> <p>Message: Undefined index: HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE</p> <p>Filename: libraries/Localization.php</p> <p>Line Number:

We have two in Mississauga and one in Milton but the Milton listing appears a little sketchy to me. No address or website, phone number etc. Budd's had to use one of those three dealers listed under Ontario.

Actually...2 months ago Protex in Milton was the only on that Expel site as being an authorized dealer, although I was aware of Touch of Tint as well. I am curious whether Budds did that themselves or had an outside agency. More importantly though, I am curious as to whether he is more than happy with the result...and the price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.