This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Winter Storage Question

Trust you have checked the antifreeze to make sure it is up to snuff.
I change my antifreeze at 4/5 yrs of service to make sure all the additives are doing their job

Trust you have checked the antifreeze to make sure it is up to snuff.
I change my antifreeze at 4/5 yrs of service to make sure all the additives are doing their job

You also have to change the rad fluid at least every 7 years (5 OK too, if you're picky), to avoid the anti-freeze becoming acidic and eating away at your water pump and hoses. That's regardless of what mileage is on the car. Trust me: I learned the hard way on my last BMW...

Hey Cariboo Creek, what would be the difference between leaving the top latched or unlatched?
Couple of reasons. Firstly our tops are canvas like material. Canvas is a fabric. Fabric shrinks. Left up and latched it will help in keeping it’s shape. Secondly unlatched will allow a relxation in the material which may form unwanted creases in your top. Definitely do not store it down.

My cover is very tight and form fitting. I would also worry about the pressure from my cover on an unlatched roof without the support from the window frame.

That being said on my 2019 I have no choice. There are no manual latches. It’s up or it’s down..

All good tips for sure. I would question the use of a batt charger/maintainer at $4.99 from Harbor Freight. You get what you pay for.
C-tek and Noco are very good.
The tip using the desiccant packs or tubs works really well. Especially in the spring when the weather changes in the day 10-15C.
You can find this fairly easy at your local marina or RV store. They use them all the time for storage.