Jan 25, 2024
Vaughan, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
Awaiting C8
Province
ON
Hello,
I am new to the board, expecting my C8 2lt this spring hopefully. One of the questions I have is about humidity levels inside indoor storage areas, ie. garages. My garage is not vented, heated and I do see the humidity jump up to 70-80% at times during the winter. After running a dehimidifier, I can get it to drop to 50%.

Anyone else have solutions/ideas?

Regards,
David

Reactions: 1st Vette
Hello,
I am new to the board, expecting my C8 2lt this spring hopefully. One of the questions I have is about humidity levels inside indoor storage areas, ie. garages. My garage is not vented, heated and I do see the humidity jump up to 70-80% at times during the winter. After running a dehimidifier, I can get it to drop to 50%.

Regards,
David
Welcome David!!
You shouldn't have any issues. I had humidity get behind the plastic lens on the gauge panel in one of my Camaros because it was outside covered in snow even though covered with a car cover. Never had issues storing the car in the barn or the garage though. Covered, not covered or partially covered.

Hello,

Regards,
David
I have never seen or used this product but perhaps it might be worth a look. Interesting concept and pretty reasonable price. Should also keep out rodents and no need for a typical cover for storage which are kind of pointless to begin with IMUHO . And welcome to CCF !

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
I have never seen or used this product but perhaps it might be worth a look. Interesting concept and pretty reasonable price. Should also keep out rodents and no need for a typical cover for storage which are kind of pointless to begin with IMUHO .
Ya, I've seen similar "bags". Cool idea.

I am thinking to look at an Alorair unit... to capture all the humidity.. I think the car bubbles or condom would still trap moisture if there is a high humidity condition in the garage.... ie. snow/slush being tracked in during winter by other vehicles...
Guess it really depends on your conditions.

I am thinking to look at an Alorair unit... to capture all the humidity.. I think the car bubbles or condom would still trap moisture if there is a high humidity condition in the garage.... ie. snow/slush being tracked in during winter by other vehicles...
Guess it really depends on your conditions.
The one I linked uses a moisture control cylinder which incorporates a sensor and they claim it will keep humidity below 50% . No power required . Run a dehumidifier for a while before you “ bag “ the car and it should be fine. The bag is apparently sealed from the air once closed. Sounds good to me. Then again Nortel sounded good to a lot of people!

• Haha
Reactions: Murray20c8
Move to Alberta. I have 3 humidifiers in my shop just to keep the humidity from 35% to 40% in the winter for my guitars. I go between 300 and 400 litres of water for them each winter.

PXL_20220426_234226057 (1).jpg

Move to Alberta. I have 3 humidifiers in my shop just to keep the humidity from 35% to 40% in the winter for my guitars. I go between 300 and 400 litres of water for them each winter.

View attachment 119305
I noticed before you don't seem to have any insulation in there.

Users who are viewing this thread