My dealer has been pretty good so far, and better than a lot that I have dealt with, so I wonder where he got the information on rolling the car. I wonder if this issue has ever come up on any of the other threads. I would be interested to know as I don't mind rolling it if it is worthwhile but if it is a waste of time that's another matter
DSCF0568.JPG

This is a picture just before taking the car to the dealership. Fortunately there is no salt yet.

Reactions: ddgermann
My dealer has been pretty good so far, and better than a lot that I have dealt with, so I wonder where he got the information on rolling the car. I wonder if this issue has ever come up on any of the other threads. I would be interested to know as I don't mind rolling it if it is worthwhile but if it is a waste of time that's another matterView attachment 21437
This is a picture just before taking the car to the dealership. Fortunately there is no salt yet.

You know what... we all have some rituals with these cars that others may laugh at or say are unnecessary. If your car is stored in a heated garage then firing it up and rolling it now and then is perfectly ok if it gives you piece of mind. I wish I had that option. The hard part will be not going around the block a couple times. 😂

Sweet looking Ray by the way 👍
Like how you got the plate out of the grill.

I agree with @ddgermann as well on this.
If I coulda/woulda/shoulda I'd be rolling a distance and for any reason;
even for a not-needed Winter Slurpee or what-not :hungry:
I noticed your front plate mod too on this awesome Ray configuration.
Can you brush the snow off though so we can see your paint color? :Smuggrin:

Last edited:
Mine is in cold storage, going to start in every couple of weeks and run it up to operating temp. Unfortunately no power for battery tender where it's parked. Maybe I should unhook the battery. Covered and 1/4 tank of fuel, ceramic coated just prior to parking.

Mine is in cold storage, going to start in every couple of weeks and run it up to operating temp. Unfortunately no power for battery tender where it's parked. Maybe I should unhook the battery. Covered and 1/4 tank of fuel, ceramic coated just prior to parking.

Many will advise against starting the car for some valid concerns, but as above it’s entirely your pleasure that’s important. I personally have started my car over the winter now and then only to hear it’s sweet sound. No other reason. So far no negative effects Dan.
As far as your battery goes. For me 2 weeks would be questionable as to whether it would start it not. Plus getting it back to full charge may take longer than you might want to wait.
Perhaps disconnecting it would be the better solution.
Enjoy the misery of waiting to drive your brand new Corvette.
A guy could have far worse problems. 😂

Many will advise against starting the car for some valid concerns, but as above it’s entirely your pleasure that’s important. I personally have started my car over the winter now and then only to hear it’s sweet sound. No other reason. So far no negative effects Dan.
As far as your battery goes. For me 2 weeks would be questionable as to whether it would start it not. Plus getting it back to full charge may take longer than you might want to wait.
Perhaps disconnecting it would be the better solution.
Enjoy the misery of waiting to drive your brand new Corvette.
A guy could have far worse problems. 😂
Thanks, I may move the trailer to a spot with power or disconnect it.

I wonder if the dry sump motor is electric or mechanically driven. If electric you'd think there would be a way to run it before starting your car after a long sit.

Sigh... I have to get my car winterized. I think I have a half tank of gas in it though. Guess I'm not getting it down to 1/4. Otherwise I follow the procedure that many here have listed. One difference for me is that I use wheel skates/dolleys. They work great to get the car far enough to the side that I can park another vehicle in my garage. They likely avoid some flattening issues as well.

Reactions: ddgermann
my tanks are near full ...
when spring comes ...
starting up and rolling away ...
and won't have to stop for quite a while :joyful:
all the way to the oil renew @ 300km
then hopefully see some YEG friends
then drive back again :Woohoo:

Last edited:
With my C6 I just left the car in the garage for the winter. I started it a few times and charged the battery occasionally. Now that I have a new C7 I bought the battery tender that you plug into the trunk outlet. I was wondering if there was anything else I should do before letting the car sit in the garage?

I didn't do much beside .. super clean the car .. top up the Fuel and Nitrogen on all the tires .. hookup Battery tender .. Cover IN .. I'm done

That is pretty convincing.
I wonder if there is a similar video about the pros and cons of rolling the car a few feet every couple of weeks to supposedly prevent differential problems?

I had a nice surprise the other day. When I traded in my C6 convertible I kept my indoor dust cover. I tried it on my new one and it fits perfectly. When I got the C7, it felt a lot bigger than the C6 and even when I look at the C6 and C7 side by side the C7 looks bigger (to me) but clearly they are just about the same size.

I wonder if there is a similar video about the pros and cons of rolling the car a few feet every couple of weeks to supposedly prevent differential problems?

I had a nice surprise the other day. When I traded in my C6 convertible I kept my indoor dust cover. I tried it on my new one and it fits perfectly. When I got the C7, it felt a lot bigger than the C6 and even when I look at the C6 and C7 side by side the C7 looks bigger (to me) but clearly they are just about the same size.

Agreed on the fuel level video. Really good explanation and I certainly was shocked at how much disassembly of the car is involved in replacing that sensor. Wow.
I gave away my factory cover when I sold my C6... seems I could have kept it and used the $ spent on the C7 cover for some carbon fibre. 😂
I felt the same way with the C7 seeming larger than the C6. Apparently it’s actually only 1” longer or something.
Great that you found out the cover fits 👍

Agreed on the fuel level video. Really good explanation and I certainly was shocked at how much disassembly of the car is involved in replacing that sensor. Wow.
I gave away my factory cover when I sold my C6... seems I could have kept it and used the $ spent on the C7 cover for some carbon fibre. 😂
I felt the same way with the C7 seeming larger than the C6. Apparently it’s actually only 1” longer or something.
Great that you found out the cover fits 👍
But it makes you feel much longer than that:)

I kept my cover as well and was pleasantly surprised that it fit the C7 perfectly. I didn't spend the $ on CF though. I bought a bottle of bourbon to celebrate.... :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.