Could not go the cheap a$$ way with hockey pucks and drywall anchors ...
... because I could not decide on who's hockey pucks to drill a hole through their logo ...
ACSComposite.com had a sale :thumbs: and did a "bulk buy" on permanent jacking pucks
so now I won't leave home without them ...

Gotta free "bachelors" suitcase with a handle too 😂👍🏻

... a few more goodies in that "suitcase" for a friend or two ... but that's a secret ...

Last edited:
Cool Wet Day on May Long Weekend with a threat of snow/sleet. So maybe still appropriate to be posting Winter Add Ons.
Here’s an hour’s work that I did not rush and thoroughly enjoyed ... getting rid of the large light-grey coloured plastic-looking piece and installing a Real Carbon Fibre plenum cover (with great appreciation of a CCF colleague) 😁👍🏻
Looks awesome with an unanticipated drawback .... detailing now involves pieces under the hood 🤣
(so far ... I am ok with the dark side rails)
12D7A37E-7A55-45ED-A594-A6BB4F5000DA.jpeg

26FEFDB6-8521-4050-A258-3E3D7424DD79.jpeg

5E043709-5B92-454D-A987-86134188CA30.jpeg

Last edited:
Cool Wet Day on May Long Weekend with a threat of snow/sleet. So maybe still appropriate to be posting Winter Add Ons.
Here’s an hour’s work that I did not rush and thoroughly enjoyed ... getting rid of the large light-grey coloured plastic-looking piece and installing a Real Carbon Fibre plenum cover (with great appreciation of a CCF colleague) 😁👍🏻
Looks awesome with an unanticipated drawback .... detailing now involves pieces under the hood 🤣
(so far ... I am ok with the dark side rails)
View attachment 26772
View attachment 26773
View attachment 26774
Very nice !

The C7 - ZR0.5 look was short lived ...
Plugged the hole up with this with thanks to 2 more awesome CCF colleagues ... I am now sporting this ...
EE7EC4D0-96AB-42B4-9883-C9950C291B76.jpeg

... more to come ... I found a real carbon fibre fabricator on the east coast 💸 ... the winter add-on days can be expensive. Hopefully there’s much better weather tomorrow 👋🏻😁

Last edited:
Plugged the hole up with this with thanks to 2 more awesome CCF colleagues ... I am now sporting this ...
OK, you got me on the exposed carbon fibre hood vent. Need it - want it! This CCF colleague would appreciate the vendor source.
The stinger on my car is carbon fibre but the vent is white. It would be a very nice mod to the hood appearance.
Hard to see the exposed CF in this pic but imagine the white vent replaced by more CF.
DSCN1564R.JPG
DSCN1564R.JPG

OK, you got me on the exposed carbon fibre hood vent. Need it - want it! This CCF colleague would appreciate the vendor source.
The stinger on my car is carbon fibre but the vent is white. It would be a very nice mod to the hood appearance.
Hard to see the exposed CF in this pic but imagine the white vent replaced by more CF.
View attachment 26807View attachment 26807

Since I started this thread and actually originally bought the hood extractor for my Z06 which of course didn’t fit because they shipped me the Stingray one... ok long boring story but it ended up on Spence’s car.
So I won’t recommend the place it actually came from but I will recommend “Corvette Mods” in Texas. Good guys, the pricing is as good as anyone and they ship reasonably fast using USPS and Canada Post. No UPS guaranteed duty/tax bill.
Or an eBay guy named “Red Panda Racing”. Same on price and even faster shipping if you want it.
In would definitely check with both via email or phone to be sure there is stock or you may have to wait a month. I’ve bought a bunch of carbon fibre from both places and have no complaints.

The one in Spence’s car arrived incorrect in 6 months. Ya... never again. Big name place too.

Yes that hood of yours will look excellent with a carbon fibre extractor.

PM if you need more detail.

D

• Informative
Reactions: LE BARON and YFCvii
Thanks Derek and also to Spence for the PM. There are very few mods I would do to my Stingray but since the day I brought it home the hood extractor has begged me to replace it with something in black. I thought about having it sprayed in carbon flash but the stinger extension in carbon fibre would be a beauty.

YES !!! That's the way the stinger should look - full extension through the heat extractor vent. My car was on the lot and came with the body colour vent option which makes all the vents white of course. Looks fine on the side and around the tail lights as can be seen below, but not so much for the heat extractor vent. Can't tell from your photo - is the extractor in black carbon flash? Looks very good.

Attachments

• DSCN1563R.JPG
    DSCN1563R.JPG
    355.8 KB · Views: 4
Van....I'm not sure what the finish is. It has tons of sparkely stuff, but it's not exposed cf like the rest of the black section of the hood.
That would be “carbon flash” ... I will end up with a blend of both exposed and flash. Being carful that they do not abut one another (just my preference that they don’t ... so far 😂)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread