It’s been a while and I have moved into the next step in the add on process. Removed the interior of the car and have started to install the Kilmat sound deafening material. Passenger side took a while until I really figured out how to manipulate the measurements and cut the matting. Should be done in about 2 days as I’m not working on it full time.

I’ve shampooed all the carpeting and it sure looks good! Will take another as I progress. My explanation for why it’s taking a while is posted in a different thread.

Reactions: ddgermann
Here’s a pic of the partial interior
iOS Image - 2098222647.jpg

Yes, foil back, butyl material then adhesive. Bought 10 x 16 mats so lots of cutting but I'm getting quicker! Researched the reviews on products and the Kilmat is very comparable to the Dynamat except in price. Very budget friendly. Bought 50 sq feet for $80. I may leave the doors to a later date as there's a few other items on the to do list to the car.

You guys on the carbon fibre junket, especially Derek, better hurry up.
JT's carbon tax is coming in soon!

Lol.... We been paying the carbon (fibre ...lol) tax at the Federal rate level here in Alberta for two years now Richard. Not suppose to have any more increases here until 2021 but seeing is believing.

Reactions: YFCvii
Lol.... We been paying the carbon (fibre ...lol) tax at the Federal rate level here in Alberta for two years now Richard. Not suppose to have any more increases here until 2021 but seeing is believing.
... and with a provincial vote announcement looming closer, I’m looking forward to vote seekers at my doorstep offering the words “decrease” and “elimination” in the same sentence with “carbon tax” ... but then again .... most are political 🤡 at election time. In the meantime .... maybe they will show up while I am installing a CARBON fibre component ... 😂 .... asking what’s that ?

Reactions: Rruuff Day
... and with a provincial vote announcement looming closer, I’m looking forward to vote seekers at my doorstep offering the words “decrease” and “elimination” in the same sentence with “carbon tax” ... but then again .... most are political 🤡 at election time. In the meantime .... maybe they will show up while I am installing a CARBON fibre component ... 😂 .... asking what’s that ?

I hope you're right S. but with the Feds implmenting it now as well, we may not have a choice.... Much like the NEP that JT's rumoured father brought in many moons ago. We pay no matter if we like it or not.

I hope you're right S. but with the Feds implmenting it now as well, we may not have a choice.... Much like the NEP that JT's rumoured father brought in many moons ago. We pay no matter if we like it or not.
Yes ... I’m doomed in realization.
No different than trying to accept that they are changing the 100% Employer and Employee funded Canada Pension Plan ... and it being abdorbed with the rank of being called a “Federal Benefit Payment” ...

Now back to my winter add on website browsing ... I’ve just been offered a free carbon fibre money clip with my next carbon fibre purchase 😁 hmmm, after my purchase though, I wonder what I can use it for 😂

Here’s some of my loot
27A6AD56-BAFA-4607-AC48-A14E66DAFDB5.jpeg

Don’t make fun 😛
-Carbon Fiber wheel
-acs rear diffusers
-stage 2 Scrape Armor
-dash storage shelf
-side markers tint

(Not in the pic)
- signature wheels sv502’s triple tint black
-acs xl rock guards
-master blaster
-1-4 shift skip delete from rpi

*Still deciding on Corsa extreme cat back or Borla Atak or Akropovic
*tint/ceramic/ppf
Not really sure what I got into here but it seems like you just never run out of things to buy for this car 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread