Ok, we are back on the winter add-ons. I have been unsuccessful in finding the wheel center caps I want so after chatting with Spence and Corvette Mods, decided to give this a try. These pieces of vinyl are fairly cheap and are on sale right now at Corvette Mods. However, you can get them from many suppliers who will likely match or beat the prices. Totally up to you.
Installing this vinyl was actually easier than I thought and if you didn't know... your C7 center caps come all apart and can be really modded easily.
Here are the steps for what I did today in case any of you wondered if this was possible and may be interested in doing it yourself.

Here is the vinyl I bought. Various finishes on the skulls and the backgrounds. These are all the tools you need.
IMG_1441.jpeg

IMG_1409.jpeg

First of all, you will have to pull these caps apart. The trick is going gently but they are quite flexible and not overly fragile. Start here removing the top from the insert section
IMG_1428.jpeg

IMG_1427.jpeg

IMG_1429.jpeg

Next pop off the outer ring and emblem.
IMG_1430.jpeg

IMG_1431.jpeg

IMG_1432.jpeg

Here is what you start off with adding the new vinyl background,
IMG_1433.jpeg

Clean the background piece really well before you begin. Then carefully lay the vinyl over the background piece and do not press it down. Use the little molding tool and press it into the recessed area on the top. Then firmly press the vinyl onto the raised areas from the center outward. Then run your little plastic tool around the outside edge and press the vinyl into the outer ring. (it's really easy)
IMG_1434.jpeg

IMG_1410.jpeg
IMG_1411.jpeg

IMG_1412.jpeg

IMG_1435.jpeg

Now just carefully cut around the outside of the bottom ring
IMG_1437.jpeg

IMG_1438.jpeg

IMG_1439.jpeg

Finally, you check it's all stuck down on the edges with your plastic tool and reassemble the center cap.
IMG_1420.jpeg

IMG_1421.jpeg

IMG_1423.jpeg

IMG_1424.jpeg

IMG_1425.jpeg

And you end up with this.
IMG_1440.jpeg

I have some Jake Skull ones on the car now with a chrome ring that are coming off to be replaced with these... at least for now.
The combinations are massive with these vinyls. They are also cut to fit into various shapes. Notice the red crossed flags in the first photo. They fit into the recess on the crossed flags logo just above. Plus all these pieces of vinyl are available in every Corvette body and trim color.

This was my winter add-on for today. Now time for a beer. :Cheers2:

Sweet Caps Derek .... here’s how things turned out here in YYC with a spare set of caps I found on Kijiji ... I am liking the effect of the CF look when I put it against my wheel (which is a chrome wheel). I think you have an awesome resolve for your Black Cap on Black Wheel effect. Here’s a couple of photos on how the light really plays nicely with the Carbon Fibre 😁👍🏻
7FE21386-28D5-4B9C-B4B7-B29C91462510.jpegB0D0360E-DC58-4C93-A46B-88C39409975D.jpeg

Does anyone know if you can get the centre caps out of c7 wheels without removing the wheels from the car?
I’ve seen a video of someone wedging a plastic card of some sort in and they pop out .... but you think I could find that now? .... nope ...

Reactions: ddgermann
Does anyone know if you can get the centre caps out of c7 wheels without removing the wheels from the car?
I’ve seen a video of someone wedging a plastic card of some sort in and they pop out .... but you think I could find that now? .... nope ...

Apparently yes you can use a plastic card. I’ve seen vid on it too.
Although the tech at the dealership insisted on pulling the wheels to change them.
I’ll be trying the plastic card on a warm day 👍

Reactions: YFCvii
Great look on those center caps Derrick and Spence. As I have about 6 to 8 Weeks off recovering I'm focused on doing a few tweaks in the C6. After 100,000+ km my seats were breaking down, I bought the seat upgrade kit to add to the foam and repair the wires cutting through the foam. A couple of pics and it shows how much it has tightened up the seat. Still have to condition the leather,
20190104_194250.jpg
20190104_194322.jpg
20190104_194421.jpg

Will post some other pics as I'm going to add Kilmat under the carpeting and detail the entire interior.

Wow the seats look fantastic Paul. The kit made them like new with the bolsters.
Definitely a worthy winter add on. You will be riding in comfort again in 2019.
Yes definitely post up some more pictures after the detailing and the leather is done up. 👍

Reactions: YFCvii
Winter (Driver) Add-on ...
A real Carbon Fibre switch-out with my Engineering Ring
for when I am driving 😁... is on its way
(hopeful to receive on/before Robert Burns Day ...)
0BA5F0A4-D841-4CAD-81BD-188FF06FC62C.png
Simply Carbon Fiber | Real Carbon Fiber Products, Cases, Gear & Gifts
... I like this USA supplier for being up-front with all-in-one pricing with USPS shipping to Canada ...
(yippee - no Brown Truck shipping)

I also found this website review of the ring absolutely hilarious
"Best Ring Ever ... Upon receiving this ring I immediately replaced my wedding band ..."

Last edited:
Got an appointment today with my friend for an xpel add-on ... prepping for a warmer winter day install ... 😁

View attachment 22928

Yes you definitely want a warmer day for this one Spence. There are plenty of those clips to disengage from the inner extractor cover and changeover to the new one you are installing. The most challenging part is reinstalling the inner cover. It will interfere with your hood liner on one or two sides. So test fit it and then manipulate it a bit to fit inside once you see where it needs it. It will pop right in once you figure that out.

"I feel the carbon force is strong in this one" *rubs hands together

Reactions: Rick9456 and YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread