GM Accessory Dual Roof Storage Bag product # 23148691
The Carbon Fibre dual roof add-on that I just purchased means I need to store the not-used panel when on an overnight cruise. Found best pricing brand new from buygmparts.ca
Picked the part up in Red Deer on a trip up to Edmonton. Entertaining to find instructions in the box for this part in comparison with no instructions at times with accessory parts that are a lot more difficult to install. As I have the instructions ... well before hitting the recycle bin ... I might as well post them for prosperity and everyone’s reference should one ever need them 😂
0E79AE13-FD95-4A8F-B295-AFABB794716C.jpeg28E86902-478D-4A6E-BF38-0C346617884B.jpeg

Reactions: ddgermann
Received a tremendous something-something that is truly awesome (thank you Secret Santa) Gave me an excuse to visit with my Ray for a “strategic pre-installation session” and some “what not” 😁 ... had many neighbours walking by that could not resist stopping for a chat ... I see I have a few hoses to detach or shift to the side but didn’t want to stress them right now in the cold ... Come on Chinook ...
C6D995DE-376E-4D4C-A321-FC6322E04382.jpeg

0DD5CB1D-AC09-41D5-B437-7139ACDBC9F7.jpeg

... got these for a spring switch-out to see if they appeal to me ... thanks kijiji for a spare set of caps 🙂 ... gotta see if black CF looks good on chrome wheels (similar but opposite for someone like D having to test for accepting something lighter on his black wheels) ....
Do these “Vette earrings” make me look fat? 😳
I know of some Plan”b” options too ... but I need to find non-embossed caps first.
0D06BBE6-14FE-44F9-A815-A1918F35058A.jpeg

Spence the Chrome ring and carbon fibre background will look great on your wheels I think.

I am going to be experimenting to get a darker look. There are not many options for me out there so I’m playing around with some stuff.

E6DE38DA-F1E6-4030-9792-65C72998D34F.jpeg

Reactions: YFCvii
I like Jake.... if you do place him on your centre caps do post pics!

I put these Jake caps on Paul but do not like the chrome ring. So I’m going to be putting the vinyl wrap on the original black caps with the crossed flags that came on the car. They are in a box waiting to be altered.
C8725939-7268-4A52-B922-73ABEF02EB21.jpeg

The picture in the above post doesn’t show it but there is a bunch of combinations in the little bags. Some carbon fibre, black, carbon flash... etc finishes in the background and the Jake skulls.
Corvette Mods has them on sale now so they are cheap to get ahold of. 😁

Reactions: YFCvii
I put these Jake caps on Paul but do not like the chrome ring. So I’m going to be putting the vinyl wrap on the original black caps with the crossed flags that came on the car. They are in a box waiting to be altered.
View attachment 22469
The picture in the above post doesn’t show it but there is a bunch of combinations in the little bags. Some carbon fibre, black, carbon flash... etc finishes in the background and the Jake skulls.
Corvette Mods has them on sale now so they are cheap to get ahold of. 😁
Ya that’s it ... that shiny against the black ... for me the black against the shiny. Freda’s has the “stingray” caps which are really black with shiny “stingray” script. She likes it as it minimalizes the c7 logos on the car (to each their own) ... I can already imagine yours with an offset of CF and jake D ...

I see what you mean. Well, ordering stuff and playing with it till we get the results we want keeps us ( well me anyway) entertained. I received my ACS rear diffuser fins yesterday, the carbon flash black paint matches perfectly. But, I wont do the install till March when the car goes back on the road.

I see what you mean. Well, ordering stuff and playing with it till we get the results we want keeps us ( well me anyway) entertained. I received my ACS rear diffuser fins yesterday, the carbon flash black paint matches perfectly. But, I wont do the install till March when the car goes back on the road.

I’m looking forward to seeing them on your car Paul. This is something I’ve been toying with. There are quite a few options for these diffuser systems. Some are radically different and require chopping out a section of the bottom facia on both sides. Don’t think I’m into that but there are some really nice complete carbon fibre lower facias with the diffusers built in....
That’s a pricey one so im holding back until I make a decision on what my next car will be.

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
I’m looking forward to seeing them on your car Paul. This is something I’ve been toying with. There are quite a few options for these diffuser systems. Some are radically different and require chopping out a section of the bottom facia on both sides. Don’t think I’m into that but there are some really nice complete carbon fibre lower facias with the diffusers built in....
That’s a pricey one so im holding back until I make a decision on what my next car will be.

I agree with you Derek, lots of choices. I considered the one piece units but I don't think I shall be keeping this car for more than 2-3yrs so I opted for the ACS fins. There are multiple holes that require to be drilled, but once installed, I dont think they will take away from the look of the rear - so the gamble taken isnt that great..... I hope

I agree with you Derek, lots of choices. I considered the one piece units but I don't think I shall be keeping this car for more than 2-3yrs so I opted for the ACS fins. There are multiple holes that require to be drilled, but once installed, I dont think they will take away from the look of the rear - so the gamble taken isnt that great..... I hope

I’ve seen these ones on cars and of course YouTube. They look really good in carbon flash and seem to fit nice and tight. The install looks fairly simple if you can get the car up in the air.
Looking forward to seeing yours on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread