Use it instead of a clay bar. It works the same but, for 1/100th the price. Try a bit, using the clay bar method.
I did not notice diff types....I grabbed the 1st one I saw:
View attachment 35868
Hey ... While at the hardware store,
A few isles over from plumbers putty,
I found touch-up “paint” ... 😁👍🏻
View attachment 35869

There's 2 types of putty I know of, regular one and one that doesn't stain (granite, marble, quartz sandstone and other materials)
From wiki : Plumber's putty formulations vary but commonly include powdered clay and linseed oil. Other formulas use limestone, talc, or fish oil.

For the duct tape comment I had a neighbor who's toyota body sides were completely gone and every year the whole sides were redone in duct tape up to the windows.

Reactions: ddgermann
No, no! make it stop! 😂

Ok last one I promise! 🤪
Poor little ZR1...

27878688_277661609433885_5608427819068555264_n_aa936daef730694998fbcc0638e9a77b7b0a340b.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: ddgermann
Sure I wasn't actively trying to look for them on the road but I can only remember seeing only 3 of them last summer. Where's the rest, I live in a big city so why don't I see hundreds of them driving by?
Are they garage queens?
Next time you are in Ottawa, come to the east end (Navan/Vars) and you will likely see a dirty white Stingray on one of the roads. It is my almost daily driver and I go for pleasure rides all over the back roads between St. Alfred and Navan. Those winter Michelins sure are great! If you see me, flash or signal to stop and we can chat. PM me for the home address and you are welcome to drop by and go for a ride.

She's a filthy gal but I luv her just the same!

20200112_135858R.jpg

Last edited:
And I agree with Zig above...It is almost Zen like and I'm not even Buddhist..lol. I will go out to my cave and spend most of the day cleaning waxing, detailing, and smiling.... The only time I chant though is when I drop my clay bar on the floor....Grrrrrrr.... hahahahaha...

I don't know how you guys do all the buffing and love it at the same time. Maybe if I was retired and had lots of time on my hands and this old house didn't need these constant maintenance. Once I'm done with daily soap stories I get home and I'm just beat and usually it's really hot outside and humid in the valley. I'm like a St-Bernard I've got the thermostat cranked to high. Then I have things to fix around this old house, paperwork and other chores. Maybe if I was retired, had a garage just for the car there would be very cold AC and I might enjoy buffing it once in a while.

For now I'll just take a shower after work and enjoy the AC while driving to get myself a club sandwich on the other side of the city. Too bad if it isn't mirror spit shine. If there's a product I can clean and shine the car in 25 minutes without having to drag the water hose out of the shed... Maybe I'll try that Chadwick's Triple Play product, sounds easy to do but seriously they expect me to wipe the sand residue off with a rag???

I don't know how you guys do all the buffing and love it at the same time. Maybe if I was retired and had lots of time on my hands and this old house didn't need these constant maintenance. Once I'm done with daily soap stories I get home and I'm just beat and usually it's really hot outside and humid in the valley. I'm like a St-Bernard I've got the thermostat cranked to high. Then I have things to fix around this old house, paperwork and other chores. Maybe if I was retired, had a garage just for the car there would be very cold AC and I might enjoy buffing it once in a while.

For now I'll just take a shower after work and enjoy the AC while driving to get myself a club sandwich on the other side of the city. Too bad if it isn't mirror spit shine. If there's a product I can clean and shine the car in 25 minutes without having to drag the water hose out of the shed... Maybe I'll try that Chadwick's Triple Play product, sounds easy to do but seriously they expect me to wipe the sand residue off with a rag???

You can totally clean your black car in 25 minutes. It's not that big and once you learn the method that works best for you away you go. A good quality soap, foam gun, and a garden hose is all you need. Then some good drying towels and a few squirts of instant detailer.

Easy to do the car in half an hour. Mine gets done almost daily when it is driven. Just remember once you clean it... cover it and it will be all clean for your next drive.

Next time you are in Ottawa, come to the east end (Navan/Vars) and you will likely see a dirty white Stingray on one of the roads. It is my almost daily driver and I go for pleasure rides all over the back roads between St. Alfred and Navan. Those winter Michelins sure are great! If you see me, flash or signal to stop and we can chat. PM me for the home address and you are welcome to drop by and go for a ride.

She's a filthy gal but I luv her just the same!

There was a twisty road that was super fun when I went to see the C4 last summer it was before Orleans towards Clarence Creek where the car was. I have to go back in a Corvette.

You can totally clean your black car in 25 minutes. It's not that big and once you learn the method that works best for you away you go. A good quality soap, foam gun, and a garden hose is all you need. Then some good drying towels and a few squirts of instant detailer.

Easy to do the car in half an hour. Mine gets done almost daily when it is driven. Just remember once you clean it... cover it and it will be all clean for your next drive.

If I can chain lock my hose... Maybe I'll just pass the old hose under the deck and strap it so it doesn't disappear. Yep that's what I'll do so I don't have to put away the hose every time. Blow it with air for the winter.

If I can chain lock my hose... Maybe I'll just pass the old hose under the deck and strap it so it doesn't disappear. Yep that's what I'll do so I don't have to put away the hose every time. Blow it with air for the winter.
If I had to chain lock my garden hose.....it would be time to move....

Vangard2001...I can't believe that you drive that car in the salty frozen crap all over the streets all winter. My bigger fear is that some dumbell slides into you!

If you go and read his earlier posts a few weeks ago, he doesn't want to miss out in life. I would do the same my hat's off to him. At that point in life you go all in.

Vangard2001...I can't believe that you drive that car in the salty frozen crap all over the streets all winter. My bigger fear is that some dumbell slides into you!
Tango gets it. Life is short and getting my first Vette at 72, it took a year to think about it and positive advice from the instructors at Spring Mountain. Now at 74 who knows what is around the corner. Concerning other drivers; I was professionally trained as a defensive driver in my twenties and in more than 50 years of driving I have not been hit by another car. I had one at fault accident in my early 30s that was the result of being an a-hole, mind you, a sober a-hole and mine was the only car involved. The Corvette is a car, a well made Chevrolet car. Take a look at the owners manual and read the part about "winter" driving. I accept that winter driving may reduce resale value but driving it 12 months a year has far more value to this old dog. :cold2:

But wait ... there’s a thread about corvette theft protection that may have the answer now. Nobody needs to ask why there’s a hose (that’s not chain-locked) beside my corvette when it’s parked (that is until it’s taken and no longer beside my corvette) 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Cariboocreek
But wait ... there’s a thread about corvette theft protection that may have the answer now. Nobody needs to ask why there’s a hose (that’s not chain-locked) beside my corvette when it’s parked (that is until it’s taken and no longer beside my corvette) 😁

Forget the garden hose, anybody scouting your place to steal won't have their eyes on your garden hose when that new beautiful black Corvette is there!!! Ha ha.

Alas I can't I'm near my supply houses for work and my area is safe(r) from humongous rush hour jams, and seriously the house evaluation have gone through the roof. House values went up 70K in 9 years and a lack of houses for sale. The solution is for the neighbor to go back to prison or evicted.

Mine is in the garage... waiting to rip around once the weather breaks... And I give a wave to every one I see, but I admit I miss a few because I simply didn't see them coming.

Attachments

• 20191024_183642.jpg
    20191024_183642.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi Tango, if you are near Ottawa you might want to consider joining the Capital Corvette Club. We have about 85 members and the club is quite active during the summer and even in the winter with pot lucks, event nights etc. Re C7's, I would say it is the most common generation on the roads in Ottawa, followed by C6's. The club went to Carlisle PA last August and our caravan had about 10 cars after hooking up with drivers in Brockville. About four of our group drove C7's. I even saw a red C7 last Friday on the snowy, salt covered streets of Ottawa. There are lots out there, at least around here. Check out the Capital Corvette Club, they are a great group.

Reactions: Tango
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.