Dec 17, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2016 ZF1 Stingray
Province
QC
I checked some statistics for fun and based on export numbers to Canada 9450 were sent here (2014-2019) so where the heck are they all hiding? Sure I wasn't actively trying to look for them on the road but I can only remember seeing only 3 of them last summer. Where's the rest, I live in a big city so why don't I see hundreds of them driving by?

Are they garage queens? Did many of them crash? Did many of them get stolen and exported to Africa?

I checked some statistics for fun and based on export numbers to Canada 9450 were sent here (2014-2019) so where the heck are they all hiding? Sure I wasn't actively trying to look for them on the road but I can only remember seeing only 3 of them last summer. Where's the rest, I live in a big city so why don't I see hundreds of them driving by?

Are they garage queens? Did many of them crash? Did many of them get stolen and exported to Africa?

You need to get involved with some like Corvette people around you. There will be lots of little get togethers... Or run an ad in Kijiji or something and organize some A & W coffee meets.... Go to some show and Shines.... ask some of the other QC members where they hang out...What there is to do where the Corvettes go... lol... I'm pretty sure there are more than 3 C7's in Quebec.

They are all in garages at the moment.

As Eric said... pay attention and participate in some meet ups. In Alberta it is not uncommon for us to have 30 cars on a cruise day, so Quebec should have many more.
Kind of a weird thread for January franky. But as it's your first Corvette, I can understand your excitement. Only a few more months and you will be enjoying your car.

Yup, just about a the half way point for me....HUMP DAY is Feb 1st
Aside from some car club get togethers I also see very few Vettes just cruising around during the summer. See a lot more Porshe than anything. Maybe people are just doing their own thing cruising, like me, or if you are in a bigger city they may be more in to club meets. I am retired so if it is nice out I am usually on the road trying to ferret out a DQ for a blizzard.
If you are near me Tango you can always PM

Yup, just about a the half way point for me....HUMP DAY is Feb 1st
Aside from some car club get togethers I also see very few Vettes just cruising around during the summer. See a lot more Porshe than anything. Maybe people are just doing their own thing cruising, like me, or if you are in a bigger city they may be more in to club meets. I am retired so if it is nice out I am usually on the road trying to ferret out a DQ for a blizzard.
If you are near me Tango you can always PM

I'm near Ottawa and I rarely go far. The GF doesn't like car rides and just going to Montreal is a big thing thing for her.

I've seen a lot of porches on the road lately, mostly suv type and 2 sports car riding the snow. One of them was a customer last summer.

I saw a Hell cat this week if I haven't incorrectly identified it.

Mustangs...they are plentiful on the road all year round.

It may sound like a bold statement but I saw as many (2 lambos and 1 ferrari) combined as C7's last summer. For sure next summer I will change my tune on these numbers because I will be paying more attention.

I am up to Ottawa every now and then as my GF's family is there.
Where you are located is a problem as most cars are just passing by on the 417.
Put up a sign "CORVETTES STOP HERE" on the highway and you might see a for more of us.
If you PM me I will probably stop in some time when things warm up a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: Tango
When do you guy start driving your car? 15 of march, 1st of april, 15th of april, 1st of may? Another thing which is a huge issue around here are the potholes. Half the city they didn't fill the potholes until October. Many people had car damage and people trying to avoid them crashed into other cars.

Just yesterday with the work van many times I had to dip over into another lane to avoid them, it's a slalom and I had to slow down to 45km/h in a 70 zone.

I'm near Ottawa and I rarely go far. The GF doesn't like car rides and just going to Montreal is a big thing thing for her.

I've seen a lot of porches on the road lately, mostly suv type and 2 sports car riding the snow. One of them was a customer last summer.

I saw a Hell cat this week if I haven't incorrectly identified it.

Mustangs...they are plentiful on the road all year round.

It may sound like a bold statement but I saw as many (2 lambos and 1 ferrari) combined as C7's last summer. For sure next summer I will change my tune on these numbers because I will be paying more attention.

Just sayin Tango.... If the girlfriend doesn't like car rides, the gf stays home. Her loss buddy should not equate to your loss.... It's great to get a few cars together and cruise a bit.... You think one Vette turns heads, watch what a line up of them going down main street does... she might like it if she tried it....
And all the girls that flock over to admire the hot cars....wanting to go for a ride.... On second thought, never mind the gf... Leave her home..... :rofl:

Just sayin Tango.... If the girlfriend doesn't like car rides, the gf stays home. Her loss buddy should not equate to your loss.... It's great to get a few cars together and cruise a bit.... You think one Vette turns heads, watch what a line up of them going down main street does... she might like it if she tried it....
And all the girls that flock over to admire the hot cars....wanting to go for a ride.... On second thought, never mind the gf... Leave her home..... :rofl:

Ha that's a good one!

Weekdays and weeknights definitely me myself and I! Maybe drive to her place for an ice cream. On the weekends we'll see how it goes. A few times she said we don't do trips so I told her one reason I wanted the car is to make day trips to nearby places. Then she said she didn't like car rides so I re-torqued you going to take a helicopter for a 60km ride??? Her response she was talking about a Florida trip....

Since I can't take the plane due Airplane ear (ear barotrauma) ... I have a solution I'll take the car you take the plane and I'll meet you there in a week. :ohoh:
In New York there was a windy stretch of road and the scenery was beautiful it was awesome, imagine in a Corvette, regrettably obeying the speed limit at all times!

Last edited:
We had a member on here a few years back who was out most of the day driving around. A lot of vettes passed by. He waved at all of them but not one returned a wave. It wasn't till he got home and he got out of his vehicle that he noticed he had been driving his truck and thus no return waves.
His story was quite hilarious.

I guess I have to s-p-e-l-l i-t o-u-t ... I'm just saying
whenever I am in my Corvette ... I don't see other Corvettes.
When I am in my Truck ... I see plenty
(hence the face slap - Murphy's law)

Oh and don't expect the wave back ... I was warned and sure enough
unexpectedly learned that - sadly - not many return the wave
... just saying

Don't speak so loud I heard you the first time! :smileshake:

Last edited:
Being a Car guy I always take notice of nice cars on the road but I don't see many C7's either during the Summer months, probably saw less than 10 last year.
There is one that I know of in my neighborhood but I usually hear it more than I see it :).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.