Jul 27, 2023
Stratford, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette C8
Province
ON
Looking at the long range weather for Southern Ontario and it looks like the fat lady is warming up on Corvette season.

I am debating on putting my C8 in hibernation for the winter sooner than later. I think I am going to give it a proper detail on Sat and put it away on Tuesday as its the only day that appears to be clear and sunny.

I am going to fill it up with premium, add some stabilizer and put 40 psi in the tires.

When are you putting yours to bed?

Mine gets put away in 2 weeks, mid Nov. Swapping back to the stock rims & tires (Z51), will plug in the battery tender, car goes into an underground condo heated parking garage (along with my son's Miata), to allow us to keep the garage at home for the wife's car during the winter. Like you, will top up the gas (not sure I will add anything to it), and done. Gonna be a long winter without her, gonna miss driving it badly !!

I never officially put away my C6, as it didn't save enough on removing insurance over the winter (losing the multi car discount) and it was just sitting in the garage, so technically I could drive it whenever I wanted. Although realistically, with its summer tires, I never drove it from about Dec to March. My C8, however, I plan on driving year round. I got the all-seasons specifically for this, so if it's a sunny day in Jan and the roads are dry, she's coming out. It cost too much to only drive it half of the time. And living in London, the winters aren't that bad anymore.

Looking at the long range weather for Southern Ontario and it looks like the fat lady is warming up on Corvette season.

I am debating on putting my C8 in hibernation for the winter sooner than later. I think I am going to give it a proper detail on Sat and put it away on Tuesday as its the only day that appears to be clear and sunny.

I am going to fill it up with premium, add some stabilizer and put 40 psi in the tires.

Today.....Oil change this morning, wash and put it away til May...

Reactions: Bixter44

My ritual is out May 1st and in Oct 31. I used to try and stretch it but I found outside of those dates I would be lucky to get one or two drives. Might change if global warming sets in, which would be ok for corvette owners but not good for the plant.

I put the all seasons and base wheels on last Sunday. Will drive on days with bare/dry pavement. I will also be away off and on for a total of 11 weeks this winter. Going to record how many kilometres I actually put on it. On a side note, changing the wheels and tires was a breeze since I only had to jack up each side of the car once. 😁

• Love
Reactions: Murray20c8
So many times in the past few years the roads were bare in Jan. so like my C6 in the past I take it out when I can. Not much saving taking the insurance off and thats why I did not get the Z51 option. Hey enjoy that C8 as much as can you only live once. I see a lot of expensive Porches driven all winter. Also rain doesn't melt your car

Like many we drive ours all year. One of the 2 reasons why I went non z51. All season tires. That and I didn't want the rear wing.
The only time we couldn't / wouldn't drive ours was when it was snowing. These cars will last virtually forever.
I can't speak for North Bay or the NWT, but there is only snow on the roads here on snow days and possibly the day after the snowstorm. That's why we have plows. :)

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Don't let winter scare you off of driving your C*. Just get good tires. Michelin makes the Alpine for out Vettes and I can attest that they work well up to 2-3 inches of fresh snow. Also, if you can find an empty parking lot, there is an opportunity to play and make lots of donuts ;)

Reactions: Jack Raccoon!
Like many we drive ours all year. One of the 2 reasons why I went non z51. All season tires. That and I didn't want the rear wing.
The only time we couldn't / wouldn't drive ours was when it was snowing. These cars will last virtually forever.
I can't speak for North Bay or the NWT, but there is only snow on the roads here on snow days and possibly the day after the snowstorm. That's why we have plows. :)
Here in the NWT generally the first flake to fall is the last one to melt. The snow is allowed to pack down by driving on it and twice a year the city bring out front end loaders and 10 wheelers and takes it down to the pavement. Once in a while in between they knock down any high spots with the graders. We have a couple of inches already so that’s the end of sports car season. So on average we have six to six and a half months to try and keep our lisense , lol . My wife always said when asked about the weather here when we were travelling that we had two seasons , winter and July. It’s not obviously but not as long as we would like.
IMG_1256.jpeg

Here in the NWT generally the first flake to fall is the last one to melt. The snow is allowed to pack down by driving on it and twice a year the city bring out front end loaders and 10 wheelers and takes it down to the pavement. Once in a while in between they knock down any high spots with the graders. We have a couple of inches already so that’s the end of sports car season. So on average we have six to six and a half months to try and keep our lisense , lol . My wife always said when asked about the weather here when we were travelling that we had two seasons , winter and July. It’s not obviously but not as long as we would like. View attachment 115715
I don't know whether to laugh or cry!
So you get to drive your sports car to the mall and back ... once! LOL

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!
So you get to drive your sports car to the mall and back ... once! LOL
Like I said, six and a half months. Also for most of that time we have considerably more light than you, almost up to double for a period of time. We are also the sunniest city in the country so it is far from all hardship . We can start a round of golf at 10 pm no problem , drive to one of the many surrounding lakes for world class fishing , go camping or drive to the mall as many times as we want . And it doesn’t take an hour to get there in six lane bumper to bumper traffic either. So no tears .
IMG_1258.jpeg
IMG_1257.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.