Aug 26, 2021
Montreal
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2023 C8 Z51
Province
QC
Hey guys,

Well as many of you know, it has been a long time coming waiting for this car (since '21). What some of you may not know is that in my younger years, I had always been part of the big car show scene, think stadiums & giant conference centre car shows, plus the usual show&shine shows and even the Grand Prix (parked on Crescent) before downtown events went commercial. Was always after that next trophy and attending that next big car show. And, until now, on the JDM Japanese side of the fence.

Like with everything, life comes along, and with our son born 17 years ago, needs and priorities change, and I moved to other vehicles, like the "Cheetah" FX45, then larger SUV's (Audi Q7, VW Atlas). The latter dropped on coilovers with 22" Asanti rims.

All these years later, Neil is back (what my wife said to a neighbour), and I would like to extend the invite to view my custom C8 build next week. Many months have been invested in working with companies like Vossen, Racing Sport Concepts, AMT Customs, GSCreations, and ON's local 1010Tires, to put together a wild child C8 (no wide body kit planned). I do not have any plans to track/race the car, hence why there will be very little engine work going into it, this is a boulevard cruiser and car show beauty.

The person who is along for the ride here in YouTuber Morgan Crosbie (Cars & Crosbie), who embraced the build, and is helping put it all together. I really wanted to get their approval (from the dealer) to throw out this invite, and my timing is VERY tight while at the dealer next week, but figured I will put this out as a placeholder and modify it if things change.

I am driving down from Mtl on Thurs June 8th, and will probably wind up at the dealer sometime between 14:00-15:00. I need to wait for my wife who is flying in to TO in the morning (for a conference the next day), so we are meeting up at a hotel in TO, and then driving the remaining 2 hours to London. As you can imagine, I will need to be inside signing some paperwork, plus I am bringing the DJI drone with me, and some DSLR gear, to shoot some pics and vids before leaving the dealer around 17:00 or 18:00 to head back to TO.

For those of you who cannot make it out to London to see the build (and meet up), it will be at Champion Motors all day on Fri June 9th, so another opportunity to see it for those who are closer to Scarborough. Keep in mind the car will have a more aggressive look on Friday compared to the Thurs due to the drop (collars).

Forgive me in advance, I have Teflon memory (non stick), so may not remember many of the forum names, so remind me your forum alias if we do end up meeting up.

I do plan to drive back at least once this summer to ON for whichever BIG car show you guys have (will be on the lookout). The #MtlC8 build will be at the Driven show in Ottawa for sure come Aug, as well as the Mirabel iCar JDM Fest in July (open to other brands), two giant shows.

Hope to meet some of you next week, can PM me for my number if you want to text along the way.

June 8th - Finch Chevrolet
640 Wonderland Rd N, London, ON N6H 3E5
(will update this post to let you know where you can find the car, if you want to pass by earlier than me)

June 9th - Champion Motors
117 Crockford Blvd,, Scarborough, ON M1R3B7

(Note for those few of you from QC, car will downtown for Grand Prix weekend, likely Sat evening and Sun, parked somewhere or just cruising the streets. Will plan a QC cruise once I am back from vacation after July 2nd).

1685891344410.png

Saw an older post from @CamsC8 showcasing his 70th, and a big discussion in there that broke out about what is a "mod". So for the few of you in the neighbourhood that wish to stop by to see the (almost) final look, these are "aesthetic mods" and not "performance mods". One can argue the suspension drop being a performance one, but the rest is definitely aesthetic from visible carbon fibre aero to rims/tires, and a few other visual enhancements. There are folks out there slapping superchargers and twin turbos to get to 800-1200HP, but that is not the intention of this build. Just wanted to clarify that point.

I hope to have more time during a future ON event to meet some of you properly, as this one will feel a little bit rushed due to trying to get a lot done in little time, and the wife & I trying to get back to TO for a dinner together right after picking up the car. Can't wait !!

The really big shows seem to centre on the JDM world (or modded cars), just did a quick search to see what would pop up in ON and found 3 big ones, DRIVEN / IMPORTFEST / AUTOFEST. Some (not all) JDM shows allow for modified cars from other brands, so I tend to gravitate towards these type of shows...the indoor stadium ones are the most fun...

Autofest Nationals - Prepare To Be Amazed (this one includes vettes)

1685920023400.png

Hey guys,

Well as many of you know, it has been a long time coming waiting for this car (since '21). What some of you may not know is that in my younger years, I had always been part of the big car show scene, think stadiums & giant conference centre car shows, plus the usual show&shine shows and even the Grand Prix (parked on Crescent) before downtown events went commercial. Was always after that next trophy and attending that next big car show. And, until now, on the JDM Japanese side of the fence.

Like with everything, life comes along, and with our son born 17 years ago, needs and priorities change, and I moved to other vehicles, like the "Cheetah" FX45, then larger SUV's (Audi Q7, VW Atlas). The latter dropped on coilovers with 22" Asanti rims.

All these years later, Neil is back (what my wife said to a neighbour), and I would like to extend the invite to view my custom C8 build next week. Many months have been invested in working with companies like Vossen, Racing Sport Concepts, AMT Customs, GSCreations, and ON's local 1010Tires, to put together a wild child C8 (no wide body kit planned). I do not have any plans to track/race the car, hence why there will be very little engine work going into it, this is a boulevard cruiser and car show beauty.

The person who is along for the ride here in YouTuber Morgan Crosbie (Cars & Crosbie), who embraced the build, and is helping put it all together. I really wanted to get their approval (from the dealer) to throw out this invite, and my timing is VERY tight while at the dealer next week, but figured I will put this out as a placeholder and modify it if things change.

I am driving down from Mtl on Thurs June 8th, and will probably wind up at the dealer sometime between 14:00-15:00. I need to wait for my wife who is flying in to TO in the morning (for a conference the next day), so we are meeting up at a hotel in TO, and then driving the remaining 2 hours to London. As you can imagine, I will need to be inside signing some paperwork, plus I am bringing the DJI drone with me, and some DSLR gear, to shoot some pics and vids before leaving the dealer around 17:00 or 18:00 to head back to TO.

For those of you who cannot make it out to London to see the build (and meet up), it will be at Champion Motors all day on Fri June 9th, so another opportunity to see it for those who are closer to Scarborough. Keep in mind the car will have a more aggressive look on Friday compared to the Thurs due to the drop (collars).

Forgive me in advance, I have Teflon memory (non stick), so may not remember many of the forum names, so remind me your forum alias if we do end up meeting up.

I do plan to drive back at least once this summer to ON for whichever BIG car show you guys have (will be on the lookout). The #MtlC8 build will be at the Driven show in Ottawa for sure come Aug, as well as the Mirabel iCar JDM Fest in July (open to other brands), two giant shows.

Hope to meet some of you next week, can PM me for my number if you want to text along the way.

(will update this post to let you know where you can find the car, if you want to pass by earlier than me)

(Note for those few of you from QC, car will downtown for Grand Prix weekend, likely Sat evening and Sun, parked somewhere or just cruising the streets. Will plan a QC cruise once I am back from vacation after July 2nd).

View attachment 109862
Hope to drop by Thursday and meet up. Looking forward to seeing you and your C8.

Reactions: Neils
The really big shows seem to centre on the JDM world (or modded cars), just did a quick search to see what would pop up in ON and found 3 big ones, DRIVEN / IMPORTFEST / AUTOFEST. Some (not all) JDM shows allow for modified cars from other brands, so I tend to gravitate towards these type of shows...the indoor stadium ones are the most fun...

Autofest Nationals - Prepare To Be Amazed (this one includes vettes)

View attachment 109877
I guess you know more than me, show & shines have never been my scene

*** UPDATE ***

The build has been completed, sadly one of the Vossen rims were damaged in transit (even being well packaged), s**t happens so Morgan is having it repaired now.

The car will be inside the dealership tomorrow and tomorrow only, so those of you close to London, you are welcome to pass by and see it tomorrow, Morgan welcomes any forum members to go check it out.

I am leaving tomorrow AM around 6:00 to drive up and then waiting for my wife’s flight to arrive, and then we drive the remaining 2 hours so expecting to be there around 2:00 - 2:30.

Look forward to meeting some of you tomorrow for the first time, and then most likely lunching with one of the forum celebrities on Friday (that should be fun).

For those who can’t make it out, stay tuned as the car will be part of Morgan’s next YouTube Vlog so keep checking his channel for that.

Reactions: Rebby and DenisC8
Is the Friday lunch on Toronto? I might be able to join you.
that would be awesome I did not mention details as it was more of an invite than me organizing it so hoping the organizer does not mind to expand the lunch. Will ping him now to see if that works. I am carless since the C8 will be at Champion so will be looking for a Tim’s around there to take some work calls so will have to see where/how to meet from there. Will ping the ‘forum celebrity’ (haha) now to work out the lunch details. Would be awesome to hook up with some of you for lunch on Friday.

Hey guys,

View attachment 109862
I will there was someone in BC to do custom builds as I would like to do that myself. Crazy that there is not a custom shop here to work on corvettes. Good luck with everything. Look forward to seeing some pics.

Reactions: Neils
If the lunch is near Champion (east end of the city) I won't be able to make it. If in the west end, it might work.
I will be a bit chaotic for me tomorrow as I have all the paperwork to sign, plus am with the wife, so as soon as we finish spending a couple of hours signing docs, taking pics, chatting with whomever comes by, then the wife and I will hit the road back to Toronto (to the hotel), and try to squeeze in a nice dinner. She has a conference she needs to attend early the next day, and I will be dropping off the car at Champion, and then walking or Uber a ride to a Tim’s to get a bit of work done, and then lunch somewhere close by as I need to pickup the car once they are done else I am stuck in Scarborough for the whole weekend and I need to get back to Mtl for Friday night. So lunch for sure will be somewhere close to Champion unless my invitee is willing to pick somewhere else and drive me back to Champion after. Let me touch base with him and see what he had in mind

I wish I had more time to hang out with you guys, which is why I will have to make my way back up there sometime this summer, whether for a car show or a BBQ. For now will appreciate the little bit of time I have to meet a few of you. Working thru the Friday lunch details now to see what is possible

For the few of you thinking of passing by Finch (London) to see the car it is indoors and on display with the visible CF kit and Vossen setup. You can ask them to pop open the top to see the eye candy in the engine area.

According to my GPS should be arriving at the dealer sometime around 3:00 - 3:15 for those who want to meet up and chat a bit.

Will be meeting the wheel/tire rep (1010Tires) in front of Champion Motors tomorrow at 8:30 for those closer to Scarborough and wish to meet up there.

Looking forward to finally seeing the build. Believe it or not already have another “mod” lined up for next summer, converting to the Z06 center pipe setup (with rear bumper adapter).

Reactions: DenisC8
Well traffic slowed Neil down a little bit, but he’s grinning ear to ear tonight with his car on the way back to Toronto. His car was waiting for him in the showroom this afternoon and he filmed much of his delivery.
I’m sure we will hear from him soon!

Attachments

• IMG_1331.jpeg
    IMG_1331.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1332.jpeg
    IMG_1332.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1333.jpeg
    IMG_1333.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1339.jpeg
    IMG_1339.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1340.jpeg
    IMG_1340.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1348.jpeg
    IMG_1348.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
Well traffic slowed Neil down a little bit, but he’s grinning ear to ear tonight with his car on the way back to Toronto. His car was waiting for him in the showroom this afternoon and he filmed much of his delivery.
I’m sure we will hear from him soon!
Love it . My fav color. Enjoy!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.