VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2023 C8 Z51
Province
QC
I don't know about you guys, but I am on a few C8 FB groups too
C8 Corvette, Z06 & E-Ray
C8 Corvette Owners (and Friends)

..and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't read about the next guy having his C8 towed to a dealer, trying to troubleshoot some major issue after the car breaking down. I like to look at things with the glass half full, meaning that we only read about the bad things online, and HOPEFULLY that only represents about 5%-10% of the C8 owners out there, versus the rest who have had zero issues over the months and years owning the car. I am glad I took the extended warranty, and will put confidence in the dealership I deal with that they will service the car if/when the time comes where things do go wrong.

(not sure how else to share this video, it is from the owner of a car rental service detailing the issues he is having with his C8's in inventory, and how it compares to the other exotics he has in his inventory).

I don't know about you guys, but I am on a few C8 FB groups too
C8 Corvette, Z06 & E-Ray
C8 Corvette Owners (and Friends)

..and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't read about the next guy having his C8 towed to a dealer, trying to troubleshoot some major issue after the car breaking down. I like to look at things with the glass half full, meaning that we only read about the bad things online, and HOPEFULLY that only represents about 5%-10% of the C8 owners out there, versus the rest who have had zero issues over the months and years owning the car. I am glad I took the extended warranty, and will put confidence in the dealership I deal with that they will service the car if/when the time comes where things do go wrong.

(not sure how else to share this video, it is from the owner of a car rental service detailing the issues he is having with his C8's in inventory, and how it compares to the other exotics he has in his inventory).

My opining on this is that this car with the DCT requires a much more thorough/reasonable break in procedure. In particular hard launches in the early kilometers may tend to create issues down the road. I agree that the extended warranty is a good thing however. I also think we hear so much about the negative on social media that we ignore the reality that most of us drive trouble free and without mechanical drama. Social media may not accurately depict real experience....in anything....

Reactions: 1st Vette and Neils
Watching this video my entire computer locked up so there's another C8 problem.

In any case if you peruse any car/truck/motorcycle forum you see many problem threads and I don't think this or other C8 forums are any different. On second thought I see more glee on the C8 sites than I do on others.

I've seen Porsche and Lotus owners complain about their vehicle brands as well and their Forums are fairly active, although I think scraze66 is correct and we get more daily posts (on average) than those other Forums. I'm talking in general terms since I don't religiously hang out on those other Forums; just the Corvette ones (sigh). Anyway, these complaints are amplified by Social Media. I think they represent a small portion of the overall production. I tend to rely more on the JR Power surveys conducted of new vehicle owners as a more objective measuring tool, when comparing brands. For example:

JD Power reliability (only) ratings:

-Corvette C8: 89% (2021); 93% (2022 and 2023)
-Porsche 911: 80% (2021); 85% (2022 and 2023)

That may be surprising for people who think Porsche 911's to be "bullet-proof" but I think it proves my point about C8 problems being a small percentage. Nothing yet available from JD Powers for the 2023 C8 Z06.

I think that a lot of "problems" are just posted up by internet trolls, to denigrate one brand or another. I frequent some RV forums, less regularly now, but when I used to be more active, there was a lot of "made up" problems to drag down the competition. Ford versus Mercedes chassis for motorhomes used to be a favorite. Call it disinformation/misinformation, but it does happen. I still see it.

If you just look at the production numbers of the Vettes compared to other cars with similar performance and looks there are bound to be more stories of people with problems when it comes to C8's.

2021 Production Numbers (rough estimate)

C8 - 26,000
911 - 10,000
All Ferrari combined - 9000
All Lambo combined - 9000
All Mclaren combined - 2000

If you just look at the production numbers of the Vettes compared to other cars with similar performance and looks there are bound to be more stories of people with problems when it comes to C8's.

2021 Production Numbers (rough estimate)

C8 - 26,000
911 - 10,000
All Ferrari combined - 9000
All Lambo combined - 9000
All Mclaren combined - 2000
With a higher concentration in North America where we hear more feedback, those numbers show a big difference.

I ain’t losing sleep about it. Nothing is bulletproof.

Worst car I ever owned for reliability was a Toyota so Consumer Reports ain’t the end all be all.

Worst car I ever owned for reliability was a Toyota so Consumer Reports ain’t the end all be all.
There are lemons with every product on the market! Except Apples and oranges which aren't lemons! ;)

Reactions: 1st Vette and KTJF
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.