Kind of a weird comment. Mag ride is fantastic. It gives your car so many options in ride and comfort. The handling performance on the track is amazing as well. I will never have a Corvette without it. Don't care what it costs... It is really really good.
Personal choice but if you do not get mag ride, don't drive a corvette with it. You may discover a regret.
I agree with this sentiment. You don't know what your missing if you don't have it. The issue with specing the C8, for me at least was having no frame of reference at the time of ordering. I did not want to spend too much but with every option, it's just another 2K....before you know it you're staring at 92K not the 70 you told your wife you were spending. haha. I bailed on engine appearance pkg, and mag ride. In hind sight should maybe of taken both too. Again, I am super happy with my car as is and no complaints on drive quality or suspension at all. I do love and use the front lift so this was one 2K I am glad I spent.

For those considering mag suspension ... do your research on it carefully. After you do that come back here and tell us all about the superiority of mag ride. It is a significant improvement both on and off the track. Every car at the Spring Mountain Corvette Owners School has mag ride. In Tour mode, my Vette rides very smooth and the few other folks who have driven it express total surprise at how soft but firm the ride is.

The other thing to consider on the 2LT is the memory seats. For old guys like me or those of us with the aches of age based arthritis, having that driver seat automatically go all the way back is a huge benefit on exit and entry.

Ok I'm sold going to my dealer to pick up my 2020 this week and to preorder a 2021 with the following extra options from my 2020:

2LT - $10000
Mag Ride - $2180
Front Lift - $1875
Appearance Pkg. -$1145
GT2 bucket seats - $ 1875

Total extra $ 17075
Now I just need to find someone next spring to give me $17075 over MSRP for my 2020 , then my 2021 will be even exchange :ROFL:

• Haha
Reactions: ABC and ddgermann
Maybe we can find a person who has been fortunate enough to have driven a C8 with MRC and a C8 without MRC, that way we can find out exactly just what is the difference from a person who actually knows. So if your out there please let me know what the real word is...
that would be a great feedback. I am actually booked to go down to Spring Mountain Sept 8&9th. I have read that all of the coupes used at that track have mag ride. I do not have mag ride on my car. So perhaps I will be able to notice the difference from the two rides. I will be happy to report back my experience from the training. I am really looking forward to attending. I have my shoes, my helmet, and my SD card. so all set and ready to go!

that would be a great feedback. I am actually booked to go down to Spring Mountain Sept 8&9th. I have read that all of the coupes used at that track have mag ride. I do not have mag ride on my car. So perhaps I will be able to notice the difference from the two rides. I will be happy to report back my experience from the training. I am really looking forward to attending. I have my shoes, my helmet, and my SD card. so all set and ready to go!

You will love that experience. It is as great as people say. I would go back in a second.

I have heard great things. I debated going given that I will have to take a 14 day isolation when I get back. but I really want to learn to drive the car to its potential. I want to track it when possible. But can't do that not knowing what to do. I will be the one Canadian in my group of 10. I am flying to LAX then driving the next day to Spring Mountain. No direct Air Canada Flights to Vegas for now. So I have to take a week with an extra day at both ends. Can't wait!

You will love that experience. It is as great as people say. I would go back in a second.
X 2 on that. ddgerman gave me good advice before going in April 2019. It may be difficult to feel the difference between MRC and none at Spring Mountain. All the driving is in Track mode which of course provides a very stiff suspension. Where the difference with MRC really shows up is in daily driving in Tour and Sport mode.

Reactions: ABC
I have heard great things. I debated going given that I will have to take a 14 day isolation when I get back. but I really want to learn to drive the car to its potential. I want to track it when possible. But can't do that not knowing what to do. I will be the one Canadian in my group of 10. I am flying to LAX then driving the next day to Spring Mountain. No direct Air Canada Flights to Vegas for now. So I have to take a week with an extra day at both ends. Can't wait!

Being taught and encouraged to drive the car to is limit is the very best part. These guys do not ease up. They lead you as they encourage and challenge you to keep up. Offering constructive guidance every step of the way over the radio as they observe your driving. There is one tight oval exercise where the instructor is in the car with you pushing you to "add power".
haha its the most fun you can have with your clothes on. The entire course is exciting and satisfying but being able to push the car to it's limit of performance safely and legally is just fantastic. Everyone who owns a corvette should get this experience as it gives you a true understanding of what the car you own can actually do. I totally understand why guys track their corvettes. It is really what the cars are made for and so satisfying.

• Agree
Reactions: ABC and Gilles27
Hey ABC, sounds like you are going even if you have to self isolate upon return. Was there an option for money back if you had needed to change the dates due to covid-19?
I'd like to book but don't have the luxury of 14 days self isolation upon return to Canada.

Reactions: ABC
Hey ABC, sounds like you are going even if you have to self isolate upon return. Was there an option for money back if you had needed to change the dates due to covid-19?
I'd like to book but don't have the luxury of 14 days self isolation upon return to Canada.

If they are forced to cancel the dates due to Covid-19 there will be a rain date. They will refund if needed if they cancel but not if you cancel. They will work to get you in a future course first. They have been very helpful and professional.

Reactions: ddgermann
Care to share the details?
l was going to order my 1LT with mag ride and performance exhaust with the new red color they came out with ,Lets just say l trust Tracys input and went with the factory red with the Z51 pkg. l am a purist and want to keep my ride as lite as possible without all those extra 2LT gizmoes that will all go for a s**t as soon as the warranty ends. Hopefully l get the best of 2 worlds this way. Like l said before l am not that worried about resale as if you spend less your return is less but ratio is the same in the end .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.