Not necessarily. Everybody has boxes to check buying these cars. Personally I would buy nothing under 3LT/Z but that is just my preference. Don't think there is a right and wrong here.
I agree just was trying to get Murray going with WAY more, it really comes down to budget and priorities/needs. I couldn't afford a 2LT with Z51 hence the 1LT with Z51

Happy Birthday ddgermann!

1596286987301.png

l want the 1LT with performance exhaust and mag ride and that new shade of red , Unless you are going to the track to destroy your ride l see no reason for the Z51. Sure some will say you lose resale but l am planning on keeping my car for a every day summer driver . All those other bells and whistles will breakdown and you will have alot more things to fix 5 years down the road . A person who knows how to drive will out drive a rookey with Z51all day long .

l want the 1LT with performance exhaust and mag ride and that new shade of red , Unless you are going to the track to destroy your ride l see no reason for the Z51. Sure some will say you lose resale but l am planning on keeping my car for a every day summer driver . All those other bells and whistles will breakdown and you will have alot more things to fix 5 years down the road . A person who knows how to drive will out drive a rookey with Z51all day long .
I've had my Camaro with power seats for 22 years and only at 22 years old did the driver seat not like going backwards and forwards. Most things are built a lot better now than then, but if that's what you want then more power to you! Even Gilles27 can have WAY more fun with his 1LT! ;)

• Winner
Reactions: Gilles27
Why would you destroy your ride at the track, is that not what this car was made for with Z51? I respect people that want to go to car shows and cruise the main strip but to me that's what old iron is for, why keep a track weapon neutered? 74% of all C8's ordered are equipped with Z51

Reactions: ABC and kevindesj
Why would you destroy your ride at the track, is that not what this car was made for with Z51? I respect people that want to go to car shows and cruise the main strip but to me that's what old iron is for, why keep a track weapon neutered? 74% of all C8's ordered are equipped with Z51
l got a factory 5 Cobra for the track and if l break something it's an easy fix and l know that a Z51 Vette don't have nothing on it other then it costs ten times as much to fix. l got the C8 so l have something that looks good on the street along with great comfort and goes like hell .

l got a factory 5 Cobra for the track and if l break something it's an easy fix and l know that a Z51 Vette don't have nothing on it other then it costs ten times as much to fix. l got the C8 so l have something that looks good on the street along with great comfort and goes like hell .
I could find many cars that would beat your factory5 for less money on the track that's not the point, I want a car that can do it all cruise cross country with the A/C cranked, and sign up for every track day I can all while carrying all my gear try that in your Cobra

Hey Guys, that's the beauty of the C8.
Buy one for $70,000 or one for $105,000, what can you afford? what is your end use track or street?
The average person looking at it won't see any major differences between the two and they will just tell
you it's a Gorgeous car!!

I could find many cars that would beat your factory5 for less money on the track that's not the point, I want a car that can do it all cruise cross country with the A/C cranked, and sign up for every track day I can all while carrying all my gear try that in your Cobra
True but after for doing (traveling) with my Cobra and many Hogs that's why l got my C8 for exactly the same reasons as traveling across / around North America in comfort. l am 61 and my bones can't take all the abuse they could before.

I ordered a 3LT Z51 HTC - could have done with a 2LT but I was a few cocktails in when I completed the build.... However, looking towards the 2021s (as it relates to this discussion) its rumoured you could get some great options on the 1LT that weren't available on the current model year that would make your 1LT HTC run with good creatures comforts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.