This has been my daily driver so far this summer waiting for my C8. No door mirrors , no blind spot monitoring, no cameras, no rearview mirror unless you like the view of a 40" spare tire so I'm not worried about blind spots.
Samsung Camera 030.jpg

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Better for who?? These become very personal choices and there is no right answer. If there are options you want and they are in a grouping like 2 LT then they become a good value.
If not , then don't buy it. I wanted the creature comforts that come with the 2 LT package. I also wanted the additional equipment in the Z51 such as larger breaks, exhaust, and added cooling. I also wanted the micro fibre steering wheel and seat inserts. So for me my options are perfect. But for those wanting less weight and more purist sport car, 1LT works for them. I love my car as is. I ordered the front lift feature and use it quite a bit given my speed bumps and also a steep drive at our farm. I did not get the mag ride. I am fine with my ride as is but cannot compare to know what I am missing. I know some have said the front lift is a waste, not for me but to each their own.

From what I understand mag ride can go from from stiff to very stiff back to stiff in fraction of a second. But what it can’t do is go soft.
I didn't order mag ride, have never had it on any of my Vettes so I don't know what I'm missing!!
I do agree with the posts that refer to the blind spots and how the camera helps rear vision.
I mean after all don't you want to see all those Italian cars in your rear view mirror after you pass them?

As a person who's 1st Corvette was a 1970 LT1 350 with 370 hp and 350 torque and a 4 speed something cool rock crusher l think it was the cat's ass in the day it's in an egg farm out here stored since 1992 . This car gets started and run 2 times a year and when l bought it it was without all the bells and whisles and you know what l have had many people say if it had power windows and all the other s**t that would hare gone for a s**t by now it would be worth alot less . l also have two more there from other vintages have not quite have appreciated as much but time will tell. l love wrecking yards and crushers because even C4s and C6s get put down all to much

What is the better choice A 1LT with z51 mag ride or a 2LT with mag ride ?

Thanks
I think that 2LT is more bang for the buck. I have C7 convertible 1LT now and have ordered a C8 HTC 2LT. Once you have the rear view camera mirror and camera modes on the info screen, you’ll never regret it. I have it on my GMC pickup and my Buick Enclave. They are only available on the 2LT. The cooled seats for the HTC are a must especially if you opt for black seats. I don’t have cooled seats on my C7 and I regret it on hot summer days. The navigation and PVR are also very nice to have. I do have those on my C7 and have really used them a lot.

Reactions: ABC
My rides came out of an AC Garage but l could fell for you getting into one that has been sitting out side all day. For me lam just a traditional kind of owner . lf l need real comfort then l will get a Lincoln Navigator like my old lady drives .

Very subjective question but I personally wouldn’t take any thug less than a 2LT. If you talk to any dealer that’s what sold the most and was the easiest reseller in C7. I did 3LT for my C8 only cuz I wanted all creature comforts 😎

LOL 1LT, 2LT, 3LT, Z51 with magnetic ride or not all those cars have a buyer. No C8 at this point will have any difficulty in the resale market.

If I had ordered a HTC then 2LT would have been a must for the ventilated seats. Otherwise my base 1LT coupe is going to be kick ass. It will never see a track. If I want all the creature comforts like HUD, cooled seats, upgraded leather then I will drive my wife’s X3 M40i.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABC
Of course they will how else will they justify the extra $2000

Kind of a weird comment. Mag ride is fantastic. It gives your car so many options in ride and comfort. The handling performance on the track is amazing as well. I will never have a Corvette without it. Don't care what it costs... It is really really good.
Personal choice but if you do not get mag ride, don't drive a corvette with it. You may discover a regret.

Reactions: COP8 and ABC
Kind of a weird comment. Mag ride is fantastic. It gives your car so many options in ride and comfort. The handling performance on the track is amazing as well. I will never have a Corvette without it. Don't care what it costs... It is really really good.
Personal choice but if you do not get mag ride, don't drive a corvette with it. You may discover a regret.
Mag ride on a C7 was tuned for track use, mag ride on a C8 is tuned for street use if that's what you want then spend the money.The C8 suspension engineers have already discussed this, I'm sure the ride is soft enough on the street without it no need for spending $2000 extra

Kevin if you want your C8 to ride like a Cadillac the softest suspension you can get is mag ride no Z51

Mag ride on a C7 was tuned for track use, mag ride on a C8 is tuned for street use if that's what you want then spend the money.The C8 suspension engineers have already discussed this, I'm sure the ride is soft enough on the street without it no need for spending $2000 extra

Kevin if you want your C8 to ride like a Cadillac the softest suspension you can get is mag ride no Z51
Gilles, im 42 so i like hard ride but my wife like a cadilac ride, i just want to order my car and have no regret but i dont want to spend $100k on a car because of the winter it will be store 6 month we have big winter over here, i want to take the car for some ride and visit Canada and be comfortable riding long distance, i really like the safety on the 2LT but i dont like the $10k plus tax i like driving and see in the rear mirror all the time on higway and the ventilated seat because when its hot i dont like the leather seat, i would prefer suede seat for the summer for non ventillated seat but we dont have this option, so propably i will take the 1LT with Z51 i still dont know for the mag ride, and save the 2LT $10k and help my wife with is next purchase and have a better confortable car for long trip

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.