Featured Thread
Here’ s something anyone who cares about the finish on their prized and beloved joy should do, when drying car, instead of using microfibre towels or a shammy , buy an electric leaf blower to dry car..works great and best of all leaves no scratches , the less you touch the paint the less chance of scratches. Just never use the blower for anything thing else, just to dry your vehicles, a small electric leave blower works great, no need for a big noisy awkward one.
I just might have to try that. Good tip.

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
Here’ s something anyone who cares about the finish on their prized and beloved joy should do, when drying car, instead of using microfibre towels or a shammy , buy an electric leaf blower to dry car..works great and best of all leaves no scratches , the less you touch the paint the less chance of scratches. Just never use the blower for anything thing else, just to dry your vehicles, a small electric leave blower works great, no need for a big noisy awkward one.

Right on, been using a Leaf Blower for about 8 years. Need Ear Plugs though :) .

The seat belts kept falling out of the seat clips... I bought a couple parts from one of the online dealers that solved that right away.
The cup holders kill me. The center piece pops out and I don't want to glue it in because itll be too hard to clean... plus they're too shallow.

Reactions: Dantanman
For me it's the road/tire noise and the odd rattle on my GS. Stereo is kinda meh too. Poor paint quality and some wavyness in the SMC panels. Chevy dealers also mostly suck. Not a big fan of Vette stereotypes either, hence my tinted windows ;)

...otherwise, all this aside, I LOVE the car. Always been an import guy (outside of pickups) and this is my first Corvette; 0 regrets.

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
For me it's the road/tire noise and the odd rattle on my GS. Stereo is kinda meh too. Poor paint quality and some wavyness in the SMC panels. Chevy dealers also mostly suck. Not a big fan of Vette stereotypes either, hence my tinted windows ;)

...otherwise, all this aside, I LOVE the car. Always been an import guy (outside of pickups) and this is my first Corvette; 0 regrets.
Road noise is brutal, just drove a C8, whisper quiet compared to mine.

The constant “hicks” in lifted, big tire 4+4s who have to attempt to prove they can outdo “Corvettes”

Along with the “rice burners “ ..and anyone who figures they can keep up out run , out corner Vettes ...tired of them...have to learn to “behave” and not draw too much attention...to many cell phones and cameras out there. Sometimes it nice just to cruise along without the dipshits...other times it’s “fun” to cruise up to “real” competition and give them a run🏎😎 for fun.Pick and choose...who to put down😁...otherwise remain calm and carry on cruising 😎

Buffeting too with the targa roof off is an issue. My wife's wind deflector on her full drop top bimmer is amazing, but Corvette has no such solution.

So I'm at 8 bad things - bad targa buffeting, loud road noise, some rattles, poor paint, SMC panel wavyness, average stereos, soft rims, chevy dealers. But I could easily name dozens of good or great things.

Let me start by saying, after 5 years and 60,000 klicks I still LOVE my C7. (Though I wouldn’t say no to a C8 someday).

But my list of pet peeves with this car includes:
#1. Stiff ride. I don’t think I would buy the magnetic shocks again, as I have never taken it to the track. I have even had the performance tuning done, which helped a bit, but not a lot
#2. Road noise. Haven’t done anything about it yet, and is not something I notice when I am alone, but it is an issue with someone else in the car.
#3. Cup holders. Too much split coffee.

AND the fact that I got out pulled on the highway by a Ford Festiva! Turns out it was a super charged sleeper with nitrous.... I knew I was in trouble the instant I heard the whistle of the blow off from the pressure relief valves, which is saying something considering I was WOT at the time! :oops:

In all seriousness, props to the Festiva guy. He built a FAST car.

Reactions: vintageracer
Most agree with Keith that the run flat tires do transfer more road noise but I have had run flats on both my Vettes, the previous being Eagle F1 tires which are worse than the Michelins. This is also very dependent on the road condition as well as I do notice how much quieter it is in the cabin on spanky new asphalt. My jury is still out on changing to non run flats after my tires wear out though. I like the peace of mind if I have a flat that can't be fixed on the road, that I don't need to panic over my baby getting towed. I do carry a plug kit and a small compressor, and touch wood have never had a flat though so may think on changing to run flats down the road. Not so much for the road noise though as the benefit of giving me additional drive time in the early spring and late fall colder weather is somewhat attractive too. The road noise itself doesn't really bother me a lot as most time when we travel, we are listening to music and not holding conversations (other than when I get reminded I'm driving too fast...lol). I also have had diesel pick-ups for the past 25 years so am somewhat use to a noisier cabin. It gets worse when you go topless too. All in all I wouldn't put it on a dislike list. Actually have zero dislikes.
We are running Firestone runflats and, while there is some road noise, depending on the pavement, it really isn't bothersome to us.

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
Let me start by saying, after 5 years and 60,000 klicks I still LOVE my C7. (Though I wouldn’t say no to a C8 someday).

But my list of pet peeves with this car includes:
#1. Stiff ride. I don’t think I would buy the magnetic shocks again, as I have never taken it to the track. I have even had the performance tuning done, which helped a bit, but not a lot
#2. Road noise. Haven’t done anything about it yet, and is not something I notice when I am alone, but it is an issue with someone else in the car.
#3. Cup holders. Too much split coffee.

AND the fact that I got out pulled on the highway by a Ford Festiva! Turns out it was a super charged sleeper with nitrous.... I knew I was in trouble the instant I heard the whistle of the blow off from the pressure relief valves, which is saying something considering I was WOT at the time! :oops:

In all seriousness, props to the Festiva guy. He built a FAST car.
P..S. There is. #4. The blind spot. It is not disastrous, but you really have to have your neck on a swivel. It really needs blind spot detectors in the mirrors.

I've owned a C5, C6 and a year ago, bought a new 2019 M7 Coupe. I purchased the C7 with a 1LT trim and have been regretting that trim level decision ever since. I forgot that the memory seats did NOT come standard!
From my driving position(I'm a little on the short side), I can NOT get out of the car! I have to manually move the seat forward and then backwards again, every single time I get into or out of the car.

Love the car other than the seating issue.

Hello, fellow members. I had to do a short trip on the highway today with my wife along for the ride, and I have to say, the cabin inside at highway speed is very noisy. It was difficult to carry on a conversation without talking considerably louder than normal. This is probably my main dislike about my car, taking it from a 10 in my eyes, to a 9.9, so certainly not a deal breaker in my love for Corvettes. This got me wondering if there is anything you don’t care for about yours.
So, what do you all consider a dislike for your car?
It’s more of wanting to get my ABS TRACTION Control fixed. Car still drives ok found a place in the US MO. I could probably send it get refurbished. Does anyone knows a place in Canada that would do the same? Meanwhile will still drive it the way it’s in. Thanks in advance guys. Great forum. 🥂😷 cheers!!!

Going through the most ridiculous contortions just to change a taillight bulb (85 coupe). What were they thinking? All they had to do was design the lamp lens with two Phillips screws and it would be minutes to change out a blown bulb! My way....remove 10mm bolt from the backside of the bumper cover, then remove three screws from the wheel well flange, jacking the car up a bit gives better clearance. Gently pull back the bumper cover and snake your arm up behind to reach the taillamp, twist and unlock socket from housing, remove bulb (you can actually get both hands up there, change bulb and reinsert. I dropped the socket accidentally and had to use a bent coat hanger to fish it out by the harness as it disappeared out of reach somewhere between the inner bumper and the middle of the car. THAT WAS A TRUE PAIN-IN-THE-ASS! The story of taking out the backup light housing to gain access is a joke, as you have to be a skinny kid just to reach through the tiny opening that is available.

• Agree
Reactions: vintageracer
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.