Featured Thread
Next trip south of the border.....have it shipped free to a us address
Rather than sillycone, I've been using this lately, with 100% success for similar jobs....

Thanks for the sticky tip! I'll pick some up next time at HD. We usually take a 2 week vacation in upstate NY in August and I ship lots of stuff including the good cigars to the Plattsburgh UPS store. Unfortunately this year is ... Have not purchased cigars in Canada for more than 20 years so may have to just quit that little pleasure.

Reactions: AxeZ06
@Lanster you should noticed a marked improvement in both road noise and stereo sound quality once you're done sound deadening. My C6 wasn't too bad so I have just done the rear hatch floor, behind the seats, and the doors so far and will probably stop there as taking out the seats and carpet to do the floor and tunnel is so much more work. My stock stereo got a slight improvement in clarity and reduction in vibration from sound deadening the doors, and the bass response was improved from sound deadening the rear hatch floor and behind the seats. The rear speakers in the C6 are awful (muddy in the low-mid with lack of clarity and highs), I had them faded all the way forward, but now I have them partially faded which adds more mid bass without adding too much of the low mid mud that was there before.

I don't like the 7spd tranny's force shift from 1st to 4th. It's stupid and serves me no purpose. If I wanted to go from 1st to 3rd, 4th or 5th I'd shift it there. If I wanted to save time and energy from shifting, I'd have bought the auto! Stupid, stupid, stupid. Don't get me wrong, I love my car😏
[

I don't like the 7spd tranny's force shift from 1st to 4th. It's stupid and serves me no purpose. If I wanted to go from 1st to 3rd, 4th or 5th I'd shift it there. If I wanted to save time and energy from shifting, I'd have bought the auto! Stupid, stupid, stupid. Don't get me wrong, I love my car😏
Get a cags skip shift eliminator....about $20 American....installs very easy, more time spent jacking up car than install...works awesome!!

That's the first thing I did on my C5 and C7...was to install the skip shift eliminator...cheap and totally solves the issue. The reason they put the CAGS in is to allow the models that have it to not be hit with a gaz guzzler tax in the US. I don't think that applies to Canada, but since the vast majority of Vette's are sold in the US, everyone gets stuck with this 'feature'. I believe that Viper's & some higher powered Mustang's also had this.

Here is a real issue. After washing and completely drying my C5 water runs down the doors out of the mirrors. I have close the doors a couple of times to get the last drips out. If I leave one drop in them and go for a drive the doors will look like a road map of water stains. Think I may have to sell it. I don’t have this issue on my 06 Silverado? Maybe if I washed it I might.

Here is a real issue. After washing and completely drying my C5 water runs down the doors out of the mirrors. I have close the doors a couple of times to get the last drips out. If I leave one drop in them and go for a drive the doors will look like a road map of water stains. Think I may have to sell it. I don’t have this issue on my 06 Silverado? Maybe if I washed it I might.
Here’ s something anyone who cares about the finish on their prized and beloved joy should do, when drying car, instead of using microfibre towels or a shammy , buy an electric leaf blower to dry car..works great and best of all leaves no scratches , the less you touch the paint the less chance of scratches. Just never use the blower for anything thing else, just to dry your vehicles, a small electric leave blower works great, no need for a big noisy awkward one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.