Featured Thread
Yes. It was posted quite a long time ago but I don't think I've seen it since. The newer models may already have it done from factory. If mine looked any better than yours it would be worth inquiring.

I don't like the 7spd tranny's force shift from 1st to 4th. It's stupid and serves me no purpose. If I wanted to go from 1st to 3rd, 4th or 5th I'd shift it there. If I wanted to save time and energy from shifting, I'd have bought the auto! Stupid, stupid, stupid. Don't get me wrong, I love my car😏

I don't like the 7spd tranny's force shift from 1st to 4th. It's stupid and serves me no purpose. If I wanted to go from 1st to 3rd, 4th or 5th I'd shift it there. If I wanted to save time and energy from shifting, I'd have bought the auto! Stupid, stupid, stupid. Don't get me wrong, I love my car😏

My C4 is full of noise! Rides like a truck, but handles great! Rattles from everywhere, even the sliding plastic door lock catches. But most can be attributed to road surfaces...as when I leave Montreal and drive into Ontario (417) or south into the US (87) all suddenly becomes peaceful and smooth, with just the rumble of the pipes in the background. This is Quebec, where a well built road just doesn't exist.

Questioning the depth of my personality because I'm so enthralled with a car. Sore neck from turning back to look at it everytime I walk away from it. Road noise could be lower, funny that I noticed it more after driving a truck for the last 7 months. The new trucks are so comfortable and quiet. I may look at a sound deadening mat but the noise is a small price to pay for an amazing car.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
My PP is that you have to push extremely hard to get the info screen to respond and the wife says," you are going to put your finger through the screen" LOL
That is another thing I have noticed, again in comparison to my other vehicles system. It is however offset by how lightly I have to push on a pedal to forget about the minor annoyances :)

Ya can't find anything about it searching CCF...
but I will inquire about it with my dealer.
Might be a thing done only if requested - which
is what I will follow up with if I can get it done.
I can't compare with yours but the upgrade
would pretty much explains itself as a no-brainer.
Then I will compare with what is on my SD card
for a before/after comparison as right now I am not
happy with the quality. Thx

This might be what you're looking for. Only applied to 2015 MY as subsequent production incorporated the software update.

Hope this helps.
Ross

Attachments

• TSB.PI1493.PDR.pdf
    79.4 KB · Views: 19

Interestingly enough, I had the skipshift on my C6 as well as my C7 and found that I had to make an effort to actually get it to skip from 1st to 4th. My shifts out of 1st are seldom, if ever under 2500 rpms. Possibly because I don't live in a city and rarely city drive, and when I am I like to bring the revs up over 2500 to shift....just makes my smile bigger... :Biggrin: For those that it does seem to bother, there's a cheap and easy fix for it.

Reactions: RockyPM
The two things I dislike about my C7 grand sport are the cup holders and the lack of blind spot indicators. These are minor irritants - this car still makes me smile every time I drive it.
The cup holders are a little wingy, but I found a Stanley thermal metal mug that fits perfectly and snug in the holder and has a leakproof top. Haven't had a loose cup problem since.

I was wondering about those, and how well they work. If it is just a slight improvement, they may not be worth the money.
It does make a noticeable difference. Not that expensive and it is a DIY over several hours, depending on how much you want to install. Lots of info out there about the products.

I don't like the 7spd tranny's force shift from 1st to 4th. It's stupid and serves me no purpose. Stupid, stupid,
It's a simple / 15 second fix.
The first time it happened to me, I ordered one of these and installed it immediately.

This skip shift eliminator bypasses the computer aided gear selector feature (first to fourth gear) on GM transmissions. This will protect the open ends of the harness and prevent throwing trouble codes. This is a simple unplug and plug in installation. Will work on - MANUAL Seven Speed Cars only!

I had mine tuned out so there is no forced shift, even at a slower acceleration. I can still do it but I find going from 1 to 3 is better, as 4 is too far from 1st gear and the rpm was a tad low.

I love this car and am reluctant to be picky but ... the one and only thing I do not like about my Corvette is the dual cup holder. Being a caffeine addict who constantly sips while driving, a secure cup holder is a mandatory accessory. There is no polite way to describe the total lack of thought that went into the design of that hole in the console. The rectangular opening is a bad start but the floating separator between the 2 cup holders is totally useless. I have tried many different cups without success however the thermal cup purchased at Spring Mountain is a the best I have tried although that has spilled once on an exuberant left turn launch. I have taken to keeping a water bottle in the empty holder to provide a bit of stability. Has anyone glued the floating spacer and was that an improvement?

I love this car and am reluctant to be picky but ... the one and only thing I do not like about my Corvette is the dual cup holder. Being a caffeine addict who constantly sips while driving, a secure cup holder is a mandatory accessory. There is no polite way to describe the total lack of thought that went into the design of that hole in the console. The rectangular opening is a bad start but the floating separator between the 2 cup holders is totally useless. I have tried many different cups without success however the thermal cup purchased at Spring Mountain is a the best I have tried although that has spilled once on an exuberant left turn launch. I have taken to keeping a water bottle in the empty holder to provide a bit of stability. Has anyone glued the floating spacer and was that an improvement?

(I should get a job at this place)......

Hello, fellow members. I had to do a short trip on the highway today with my wife along for the ride, and I have to say, the cabin inside at highway speed is very noisy. It was difficult to carry on a conversation without talking considerably louder than normal. This is probably my main dislike about my car, taking it from a 10 in my eyes, to a 9.9, so certainly not a deal breaker in my love for Corvettes. This got me wondering if there is anything you don’t care for about yours.
So, what do you all consider a dislike for your car?
Like you, about the only thing I don't like about my C7 GS is the noise. It seems noisier than my C6 although the C6 is gone so there's no way to tell. I am running the Michelin Super Sport run flats that came on the car. I put Noico 80 mil butyl sound deadener topped with Frost King foam/foil insulation from the back of the car, over the fender wells and over the bulkhead to the floor of the passenger compartment. I didn't do the tunnel or the foot wells. Made a real difference and I can hear the radio now. Total cost was about $350 and two days of fighting with plastic.

Reactions: RockyPM and JamesP
Working on my 5th Corvette and third C7 each one was better than the other. I love my 2019 Grand Sport 2LT and with the exception of one bent wheel due to a pothole from hell it has been trouble free for the first 15k km. We do a fair amount of long distance touring so road noise is my only real complaint. The last two C7s were Grand Sports with the wider ZP tires and the tire noise is significantly louder than the 2014 Z51. My first remedy was to purchase the custom fitted noise deadener pad for the rear luggage area which worked well. Cost was around $200 by the time I imported it. I understand an even more effective action is to install the Michelin A/S 3+ tires after the OEM tires wear out which only takes about 25k km.

Reactions: Dantanman
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.