Featured Thread
Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
Hello, fellow members. I had to do a short trip on the highway today with my wife along for the ride, and I have to say, the cabin inside at highway speed is very noisy. It was difficult to carry on a conversation without talking considerably louder than normal. This is probably my main dislike about my car, taking it from a 10 in my eyes, to a 9.9, so certainly not a deal breaker in my love for Corvettes. This got me wondering if there is anything you don’t care for about yours.
So, what do you all consider a dislike for your car?

Hello, fellow members. I had to do a short trip on the highway today with my wife along for the ride, and I have to say, the cabin inside at highway speed is very noisy. It was difficult to carry on a conversation without talking considerably louder than normal. This is probably my main dislike about my car, taking it from a 10 in my eyes, to a 9.9, so certainly not a deal breaker in my love for Corvettes. This got me wondering if there is anything you don’t care for about yours.
We bought our 2005 in 2012. With 13,300 miles on the odometer, it was a new car. The runflat tires do make road noise but not really a problem. I understand the non-runflat tires are a fair bit quieter. I did find that the camber settings on the front end would have the inside of the tires worn down within 20K miles. Zeroing the camber seems to be giving a normal, sensible life span 30K miles and still looking fine. After a lifetime of the old musclecars, this car makes more power and triple the gas mileage and we thoroughly enjoy driving it as much as possible. Some stick shift cars can be hard to get used to. Our daughter hopped in and drove it as if she had always driven it. I always joke about it being our 3 door hatchback, economy car, grocery getter. I did add a Vararam air intake a few years ago, when a fellow Corvette owner was going supercharged with his car.

Reactions: Dale124

Most agree with Keith that the run flat tires do transfer more road noise but I have had run flats on both my Vettes, the previous being Eagle F1 tires which are worse than the Michelins. This is also very dependent on the road condition as well as I do notice how much quieter it is in the cabin on spanky new asphalt. My jury is still out on changing to non run flats after my tires wear out though. I like the peace of mind if I have a flat that can't be fixed on the road, that I don't need to panic over my baby getting towed. I do carry a plug kit and a small compressor, and touch wood have never had a flat though so may think on changing to run flats down the road. Not so much for the road noise though as the benefit of giving me additional drive time in the early spring and late fall colder weather is somewhat attractive too. The road noise itself doesn't really bother me a lot as most time when we travel, we are listening to music and not holding conversations (other than when I get reminded I'm driving too fast...lol). I also have had diesel pick-ups for the past 25 years so am somewhat use to a noisier cabin. It gets worse when you go topless too. All in all I wouldn't put it on a dislike list. Actually have zero dislikes.

The thing I like most about my Corvette is how loud the cabin is with mechanical noise, tire/road noise, stereo. All those combined and I have no idea what my wife is nagging me about. :Biggrin:

Seriously, I like driving my car in the rain, yes you have to watch for puddles and what not but it just feels so secure and comfortable.

The thing I like most about my Corvette is how loud the cabin is with mechanical noise, tire/road noise, stereo. All those combined and I have no idea what my wife is nagging me about. :Biggrin:

Seriously, I like driving my car in the rain, yes you have to watch for puddles and what not but it just feels so secure and comfortable.
Totally agree. I have perfected the bobble head move. When I see her lips moving i just nod a few times and all is well....

I dislike:

The way the ladies stare. My car and I are not a piece of meat.

When young children ask me why can’t their dad be cool like me.

The way my neck hurts sometimes after a hard pull off a traffic light.

Everyone honking, waving, and giving thumbs up when cruising.

The way my hair tangles after a day with the top down.

The way Mustang owners won’t make eye contact.

Camaro owners who believe their car is just as cool. Its not.

And most of all, the s**t eating grin after driving all day that makes my wife think I have been up to no good..

I dislike:

And most of all, the s**t eating grin after driving all day that makes my wife think I have been up to no good..

You have hair now? :Biggrin:

Yup the lightweight car and your tires are noisy. It is a sacrifice for some definitely; but for me in the last 2 Z06s all could see over there were the lips moving... perfect :thumbs:

ya ya i will pay for that with the next one... maybe

I dislike:

Good thing you did not buy the Z06... You would need medical help for that grin. haha holy s**t man

Now that I know the C8 has the ability to raise the suspension by a couple of inches; I really don't like that my C7 doesn't, .......stupid car

giphy (2).gif

I pretty much hate the stupidity that my car brings out in the other drivers who think
I have the slightest of interest to prove anything in comparison to their non-corvette car.
One thing for sure is that one of the drivers has a C-gen grin and the other does not look happy at all.

Hence my vanity plate ... YYSSW :thumbs:

OK ... I like the C7 built-in "dash cam" PDR but I do not like the resolution.
GM and Corvette should have thought it out with the ability to upgrade it
as some would pay to do that (even if with a hardware upgrade)
(edit: found that a 2015 PDR update … does not apply to 2016 and on)

Would also be nice to have a rear-view camera mirror and electronically folding side mirrors
mainly for the convenience of remotely folding the navigator side mirror.

So no deal-breaking complaints and just selfish convenience wishes. :angelic:

Most everyone knows how I remedied the road-noise communicating problem
by getting 4 more tires and a quality pair of 2-way radios. But now I have a
sheltered storage problem for all my vehicles.:Banghead:

Last edited:
I pretty much hate the stupidity that my car brings out in the other drivers who think
I have the slightest of interest to prove anything in comparison to their non-corvette car.
One thing for sure is that one of the drivers has a C-gen grin and the other does not look happy at all.

Hence my vanity plate ... YYSSW :thumbs:

OK ... I like the C7 built-in "dash cam" PDR but I do not like the resolution.
GM and Corvette should have thought it out with the ability to upgrade it
as some would pay to do that.

Would also be nice to have a rear-view camera mirror and electronically folding side mirrors
mainly for the convenience of remotely folding the navigator side mirror.

So no deal-breaking complaints and just selfish convenience wishes. :angelic:

Most everyone knows how I remedied the road-noise communicating problem
by getting 4 more tires and a quality pair of 2-way radios. But now I have a
sheltered storage problem for all my vehicles.:Banghead:

How bad is your PDR resolution? My dealer informed me of a free upgrade from GM several years ago that made a big difference in mine. Not 4K but a lot better than it use to be. Here's a screen shot from mine if you want to compare.

Untitled.png

I'm on my 3rd Vette...2019 C7 M7. Had a 78 C3 M4 for 15 years and a 98 C5 M6 for the same length of time. Here's the downsides that I found of each:

C3 - talk about noisy...no o/d and 3.7 rear end so revved at 3,100 at 100 KPH, 4,000 at 120 KPH. Couldn't carry on a conversation without yelling on the highway. Also no a/c so that didn't help. Poor drivetrain quality...motor was burning & leaking vast amounts of oil in later years in spite of proper maintenance & normal driving...clutch throw out bearings kept burning out and having to be replaced...rear axle u-joints constantly wearing out and requiring expensive replacements...tranny synch prematurely wearing. Rubber around t-tops & windows starting deteriorating and causing water to come into the car each time it rained. Loved the look of the C3...don't miss it one bit.

C5 - light years better than the C3 in terms of interior comfort, noise levels...5th and 6th gear o/d's helped bring the engine rev's down considerably so you could talk on the highway. Few complaints about the C5 other than there was a known quirk with the tranny in that if you didn't really push it fully and deliberately into 1st, it would pop out and then grind as the clutch would be engaged by then. You learned not to do this. Battery location was convenient under the hood, but with limited space GM put it on top of computer modules that would be fried if the battery leaked...so you had to pay double or more for dry cell batteries. Not a huge issue overall. For the 15 years of daily driving (winter excepted) I honestly can't complain about the reliability and enjoyment I got out of it.

C7 - only had it since late last summer, but again overall I find it so much better all around in terms of interior quality, power, performance vs the C5. Could use an inch or two more of interior space here & there (I'm 6'2")...they shortened it from the C5 and maybe that wasn't the best idea. The M7 is somewhat less tight from a shifting point of view...not the first 4 gears, but the top 3...due to the extra wide gate I guess to accomodate the 7th gear. But you get used to it and having the gear # displayed on the dash instantly when you shift (my 19 Subaru Crosstrek has the same, but there's a bit of a delay before the display changes) helps to not put it in the wrong gear when downshifting at higher speeds. Anyway, super happy with the C7 and unless GM reverses their decision and brings back a manual for future Vette's, this will also be my last one.

How bad is your PDR resolution? My dealer informed me of a free upgrade from GM several years ago that made a big difference in mine. Not 4K but a lot better than it use to be. Here's a screen shot from mine if you want to compare.

View attachment 41417
Has this been posted on the Forums already ???
Resolution is lousy.
Just wondering ... wow. Only heard of one for the Mag-Ride.
If so I completely missed it.
I will be visiting my Dealer within the
next few weeks if this is the case.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.