None of us here in Alberta are turning shafts over the winter Derek but SlyMart hasn't listed where he is.... Not everywhere is like the prairies.... I agree though... The whole thing sound like a load of bull to me too....

I live in the Ottawa region in the province of Ontario.. The car is still in piece and there is no shafts installed since the differential is leaking..

C39F909E-45E0-4A50-8BF5-9FBD5D635204.jpeg

Graham

So here is the story.. Originally I brought my differential to No Limits Auto Parts store on Albion where I used to buy lots of car parts and I spent alot of money there. So they brought my differential to Wagorn's Garage in Ottawa on Cyrville Road and they dissemble it and then Brought it to RLD Industries where they powercoated it there. (Awesome Company). Then the differential went back to Wagorn's Garage to get a rebuilt but at the end they sid it didn't need to be done. They replaced the brand new Heavy Duty yokes that I purchased online in the U.S. from a Corvette Part Source. During this time that the differential was removed along all 3 shafts I was able to work on my corvette and trying to remove the undercoating on my Corvette and using a wire brush on my drill and did the whole frame on my car and then repainted it with John Deer paint. When I got my differential back in September 2016 I picked up my differential up at the No Limits Auto Parts and brought it home and I put it on my bench until spring. In spring of 2017 I filled up my differential with the proper fluid and mounted the differential onto the car. The next day I noticed it was leaking fluid and I was not impress especially for the amount I paid for the sum of $2000. So I contacted Wagorn's Garage and I told him about my differential that it was leaking so they told me to take it back to his garage and they will look at it. So you all know that when you remove the differential that you need to use a pry bar to unmount the differential at the crossmember which I bought new bushings last year. While trying to remove the differential with the pry bar I scratched my freshly new paint on my frame. I was very pissed. Now I needed to redo the paint on the mounting section on my car with a fresh new paint. So Wagorn's Garage had my differential for a week and he told me that it was ready to be pick it up. On a note I live in Metcalfe Ontario and Wagorn's Garage is in Ottawa so it's about 1 hour and 45 minute to drive there one way. I went to Wagorn's garage and they told me that he tighten a bolt on the differential and it wasn't leaking anymore. The owner of Wagorn's Garage which it's Barry told me that if my differential continued to leak that I should bring my car to him and he can fix it. I said no way.. So I mounted the differential back into my car again and the next day I noticed that my differential was again leaking at the exact spot. So Wagorn's Garage really didn't do anything to my differential which it sat in there for a week basically doing nothing.. So I contacted No Limits auto parts and told him that the differential was still leaking after bringing it back to Wagorn's Garage. So he contacted Wagorn's Garage which they both are friends and then the owner of No Limits Auto Parts store replied to me "Barry says the same thing to me" You need to turn the shafts for the seal to seat properly.. So I was like pissed off and decided to bring it to another place. So again I used the pry bar again to unmount the differential and again I scratched my freshly new paint on my frame. So I brought the differential to an experience mechanic that I have known for a couple of years and he is fixing properly. He ordered a gasket and he told me that he noticed right away the problem with the differential when it got delivered to him and noticed that it was leaking from the vents. So the rebuilding process of my car has restarted again. I need to repaint the mounting section again....

So here is the story.. Originally I brought my differential to No Limits Auto Parts store on Albion where I used to buy lots of car parts and I spent alot of money there. So they brought my differential to Wagorn's Garage in Ottawa on Cyrville Road and they dissemble it and then Brought it to RLD Industries where they powercoated it there. (Awesome Company). Then the differential went back to Wagorn's Garage to get a rebuilt but at the end they sid it didn't need to be done. They replaced the brand new Heavy Duty yokes that I purchased online in the U.S. from a Corvette Part Source. During this time that the differential was removed along all 3 shafts I was able to work on my corvette and trying to remove the undercoating on my Corvette and using a wire brush on my drill and did the whole frame on my car and then repainted it with John Deer paint. When I got my differential back in September 2016 I picked up my differential up at the No Limits Auto Parts and brought it home and I put it on my bench until spring. In spring of 2017 I filled up my differential with the proper fluid and mounted the differential onto the car. The next day I noticed it was leaking fluid and I was not impress especially for the amount I paid for the sum of $2000. So I contacted Wagorn's Garage and I told him about my differential that it was leaking so they told me to take it back to his garage and they will look at it. So you all know that when you remove the differential that you need to use a pry bar to unmount the differential at the crossmember which I bought new bushings last year. While trying to remove the differential with the pry bar I scratched my freshly new paint on my frame. I was very pissed. Now I needed to redo the paint on the mounting section on my car with a fresh new paint. So Wagorn's Garage had my differential for a week and he told me that it was ready to be pick it up. On a note I live in Metcalfe Ontario and Wagorn's Garage is in Ottawa so it's about 1 hour and 45 minute to drive there one way. I went to Wagorn's garage and they told me that he tighten a bolt on the differential and it wasn't leaking anymore. The owner of Wagorn's Garage which it's Barry told me that if my differential continued to leak that I should bring my car to him and he can fix it. I said no way.. So I mounted the differential back into my car again and the next day I noticed that my differential was again leaking at the exact spot. So Wagorn's Garage really didn't do anything to my differential which it sat in there for a week basically doing nothing.. So I contacted No Limits auto parts and told him that the differential was still leaking after bringing it back to Wagorn's Garage. So he contacted Wagorn's Garage which they both are friends and then the owner of No Limits Auto Parts store replied to me "Barry says the same thing to me" You need to turn the shafts for the seal to seat properly.. So I was like pissed off and decided to bring it to another place. So again I used the pry bar again to unmount the differential and again I scratched my freshly new paint on my frame. So I brought the differential to an experience mechanic that I have known for a couple of years and he is fixing properly. He ordered a gasket and he told me that he noticed right away the problem with the differential when it got delivered to him and noticed that it was leaking from the vents. So the rebuilding process of my car has restarted again. I need to repaint the mounting section again....

Sad but we knew something was not adding up with the story they gave you. Now at least you will have it done right and should not have to paint the scratches again.

I would have loved to seen your face when they told you to bring in the whole car! :eek:

Well there a shop that’s been scratched off any list of possible diff work on Corvettes... or any car for that matter.

Glad you’re finally getting it done right Sly.

So your Vette will be rolling in the spring? Hope so.

D

Thanks ddgermann

Yes I am starting to work on my 78 and I will make sure it's going to be on the road this year. It hasn't been on the road ever since I bought it which it's in 2015. I am doing a full restoration which included replacing the dash since the center console where the gauge has been removed lots of times and it kinda damaged the dash upon removal and also the driver's door panel is being replaced.. lots of work!!! :)

Reactions: ddgermann
Differential Update.

The bolts on the differential were the wrong size and it wasn't sealing the differential cover properly. There is a new gasket installed on it and there is no more fluid leaking anymore..

I feel alot better with a gasket installed on the cover instead of some gasket maker like Wagorn's Garage put on. Once the differential is installed on my car I want to make sure it to stay there for a long time.

Sly

Differential Update.

The bolts on the differential were the wrong size and it wasn't sealing the differential cover properly. There is a new gasket installed on it and there is no more fluid leaking anymore..

I feel alot better with a gasket installed on the cover instead of some gasket maker like Wagorn's Garage put on. Once the differential is installed on my car I want to make sure it to stay there for a long time.

Sly

Really happy to hear you got this sorted by a good shop. Agreed on it goes and on it stays... piece of mind knowing it’s all good back there as your Speedo needle drops off the right hand side. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.