vtknight

Casual User
Wish me a Happy Birthday
Nov 10, 2015
Toronto
VetteCoins
Well, now that AllFlash helped me to see that I posted in the wrong section (was quickly doing it from my phone)...

Here I go again;

Obviously if another new car at MSRP come about like the one AF had up recently - fantastic, but I am putting this up to see if anyone is looking to part with theirs - if so, please let me know.

I am looking for a Z06/Z07 Performance Seats. No accidents, impacts or interior damage - solid paint.

Thanks everyone!

//Jeremy

That is what I laughed at... Why are you coming here rather than approaching Autotrader sales as there are some used there? I am a bit confused.
I guess the simple answer is trying to grab someone (and their car) before they put their cars up on AT. Sometimes people are on the fence and then a thread like this comes up and maybe they decide to make that move. An untake allocation is also very welcome for a 2016 car.

More than anything, putting the word out.

It is really not. Less than 4% of Z06s made it to Canada last year and it may be less this year; time will tell. I had a car appraiser state that mine was 130K not 2 months ago. The Cdn configured Z06 is still somewhat of a rarity, Many you will find are actually US models brought into Canada and with a warranty penalty attached. These are brand new cars sold as used with no warranty for 6 months/12000km. If you can find a new 2015/2016 Z06 at MSRP...grab it because used Z06s are going for the new price when they pop up.

Every once in a while there'll be a post about a Z06 up for sale. As there is still good demand for these models, you may be just as well off purchasing a new one.
As I haven't been looking at the market, are there used Z06's on the market for much of a discount?

Best of luck in the search! If you don't find one here, let us know when you've got one!

Every once in a while there'll be a post about a Z06 up for sale. As there is still good demand for these models, you may be just as well off purchasing a new one.
As I haven't been looking at the market, are there used Z06's on the market for much of a discount?

Best of luck in the search! If you don't find one here, let us know when you've got one!
Thank-you and totally agreed. AF has been around since the beginning (as I have - but on the fence between a ZR1 and the C7 Z06 due to the rarity). As it turns our - both cars are rare and the US dollar is crushing Canadian opportunities as Canadian owners can move their cars to US buyers.

I am hoping AF has another unclaimed allotment - we will see. There was a silver Z07 in Quebec with 950 KM's asking 118K - Canadian car. Gone already.

That said - I have a plan and a prediction; with the new year and the 2017's on the horizon - plus the dollar strengthening into 2016 (per the pundits) - I believe something will turn up mid-late January to mid February. Better for me as I don't have to worry about storing it all winter (for at least this year).

That's my story and I'm sticking to it lol...

I have been pretty fortunate to help 4 others find their car. All were the result of dealers contacting me that I left my info with and me simply making the introduction. Can you pm me your name and number and I will call should I get notified? There is a moratorium on Canadian Vette deliveries between November and March....however there have been a few surprise deliveries during this..

I have been pretty fortunate to help 4 others find their car. All were the result of dealers contacting me that I left my info with and me simply making the introduction. Can you pm me your name and number and I will call should I get notified? There is a moratorium on Canadian Vette deliveries between November and March....however there have been a few surprise deliveries during this..

Thanks AF - sent...

Thanks AF - he wants 128K. I have no problem with MSRP on a super low KM car but over MSRP with higher clicks - nope.

I do have my eyes on one car though. U.S. car - they say it's been imported and the warranty is valid - which I am unsure if that is bogus or not. Stay tuned!

Thanks AF - he wants 128K. I have no problem with MSRP on a super low KM car but over MSRP with higher clicks - nope.

I do have my eyes on one car though. U.S. car - they say it's been imported and the warranty is valid - which I am unsure if that is bogus or not. Stay tuned!

There is no way to get around the 6 month/12k warranty levy. The vehicle has to be brought in and sold as used. What has occurred is the selling dealer has agreed to warranty within their facility. They warrant it and not GM. An example of how this could go wrong occurred at a local dealer where the Vette they sold had a tranny drop. They could get warranty coverage for that car but it had to be loaded and shipped back to the dealer they bought it from in the US; it was...and it was gone several weeks before return.

There is no way to get around the 6 month/12k warranty levy. The vehicle has to be brought in and sold as used. What has occurred is the selling dealer has agreed to warranty within their facility. They warrant it and not GM. An example of how this could go wrong occurred at a local dealer where the Vette they sold had a tranny drop. They could get warranty coverage for that car but it had to be loaded and shipped back to the dealer they bought it from in the US; it was...and it was gone several weeks before return.

Thanks AF - I had read the same. It becomes a risk/reward calculation for me depending on how flexible they are. The truth is - I do believe once the 2017's get spun up and it hits late January and mid February - there will be some deals. Canadian exchange is trending downwards in 2016 according to some sources - although the exchange will still be 25% at the least. As Canada did not receive almost any allocations - but there actually is a very high volume of C7 Z06's overall (when compared to the ZR1's numbers of ~800, 400 and 200 for the 2011-2013's respectively) - means I have to look to is U.S. cars as at least an option if I want a deal. As a person who is very comfortable with modding - another option is to find a competent builder that I trust - which I have...

I still would prefer a new or used Canadian car of course - but as most are trying to sell even high KM cars asking over MSRP - I will have to wait for you to find one for me AF lol...

Last edited:
Exchange rate is the killer. I believe something will come up...it just may be a few weeks is all. I also believe that, as with last year, there will be an end year push...

Exchange rate is the killer. I believe something will come up...it just may be a few weeks is all. I also believe that, as with last year, there will be an end year push...
Thanks again AF - I truly appreciate it. I hope you are right. Good news is I can wait as I do believe the winter and simple time (and model years) will help me in my used search. If a new Canadian car at MSRP comes up - (2LZ min, black interior comp seats, Z07 - blue oh please blue - my son loves blue) I will jump on it!

Strangely - I really want a 16 - although the changes are minimal.

It's taken me awhile to get here.

I know a few people in the car biz. They have had a few. Unfortunately they sold earlier in the fall. I'll keep an eye out.
Thanks MM - I appreciate all efforts to get me a car - that said as per AF I am patient for the year end push (which hopefully happens).

So as to offer some value to all of you - I have been investigating the cooling issues and have found that at this years SEMA - GM has announced some additional cooling mods (many for the Z51 but some for the Z06). A secondary rad - for manual cars only however - has been created and is getting significant buzz (these were released mid-November so it's relative). For heavy trackers combine this with what seems to be agreed on as the best aftermarket rad C&R and that may be a serious solution for the oil temp issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.