Aug 26, 2021
Montreal
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2023 C8 Z51
Province
QC
Hello fellow Vette members

I own a C8 and one of the trends when applying Paint Protection Film is to apply a special front windshield layer to protect from rock chips. Note that some forgoe the windshield protection and instead do a ceramic tint on the front windshield to reduce the heat inside.

In speaking with some detailing shops, they had mixed experience with various brands of PPF for the front windshield and I read online that for some, over time, it left permanent marks or scuffs that were tough to buff out.

My research led me to this product, Shatter X, aka liquid glass, which similar to your cell phone screen protector, claims to create a 9H hardened shell on the windshield to deflect rocks and protect it from damage.

Time will tell if it works but seeing that I did not want to risk adding film to the front windshield, I went with this product and will see how it holds up over time.

Thought I would share my findings in case you were looking for the same for your cars. I am doing all 4 of our family vehicles with it.

Attachments

• IMG_4889.jpeg
    IMG_4889.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 48
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.