For those not aware, this is a retirement hobby of mine. I buy, clean up or fix, and sell antiques in two sales a year to help support my hunting and fishing trips. Plus I enjoy it and gives me lots to tinker with when work around the farm is caught up...lol

Yesterday was a good day....finished restoring a 1930's school desk from Kneehill County. Took it apart and removed the rust and treated the cast iron frame with boiled linseed oil, lightly sanded the wood surfaces but preserved the carved initials and general character...then finally got the re-purposed Singer treadle sewing machine finshed as well. That was my first attempt at paint washing. Also put the finished touches on restoring 2 more fire hydrants and cleaning up the railroad lanterns I acquired earlier this year.. Hoping Covid cleans up in time for our September sale since we missed having the May sale. I don't have much room left in the SeaCan for much more collecting. ... Here's a few pics of Rruuff's days...lol...

IMG_20200412_124910.jpg

IMG_20200412_124945.jpg

IMG_20200126_105852.jpg

IMG_20200523_165357.jpg

yellow hydrant.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200412_124910.jpg
    IMG_20200412_124910.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20200412_124945.jpg
    IMG_20200412_124945.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 7
This made me happy today... Or at least by the end of the day. I have about 4 acres of lawn to mow which in itself is about a half day job with the 5 foot zero turn. But I also have another 4 acres of lane way. I let it grow longer and mow it with the garden tractor only 4 times per season. Today was the first of this year so pretty much burned the entire day on the two mowers. But the lane is done now until mid July so happy to get that out of my way. Would have been a nice cruise day but lately I'm more inclined to cruise through the week when there's not near the traffic or the crowds...

1590888417108.png

A Leduc Alberta Canadian Tire Sign on the QE2 really “cracks me up” 😂

The store Manager says it’s intentional and if anyone is offended, they do have “crack filler” on sale ... 🤣

View attachment 40862
View attachment 40861
lol...Yeah... saw that on a news post. Wondered how long it would take before it hit the forum... Pretty funny. Wonder how long before it gets removed...

Reactions: YFCvii
I”ll leave you to judge that on here 😇
I’m cool either way ... it’s apparently been roadside for a few weeks already 🤣
Lol.... it stays on here as far as I'm concerned...I was wondering now that it's hit the news how many complaints will be filed against it and they have to at least paint over it... I hope it stays there. It should hit the National news withing a day or two....

Lol.... it stays on here as far as I'm concerned...I was wondering now that it's hit the news how many complaints will be filed against it and they have to at least paint over it... I hope it stays there. It should hit the National news withing a day or two....
Agree ... and love the answer that the store manager implied that they will just use crack filler instead of paint ... just hilarious stuff - Of which we really need more of these days. 😁👍🏻

I saw my first C8 in Orléans today...and it sounded good when the guy started it.
View attachment 40865

I saw a white one yesterday here in Vancouver. Pictures don't do the C8 any justice. It looks way more badass when seeing in real.

Unfortunately no pic. I was stuffing my face with pizza at the very moment the car passed by.

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I hope is that Thoughts stay Happy and Positive on this thread …
Because this is my Go-To "Good News" Thread
formerly "What Made You Happy and Smile Today"

… that's My Thought for Today and for every day that follows.

I would expect that there may be any type of thoughts for the day posted Sp. Perhaps you might want to start your own "Good News" thread which you can control the posts in. Just a thought.

I would expect that there may be any type of thoughts for the day posted Sp. Perhaps you might want to start your own "Good News" thread which you can control the posts in. Just a thought.
Since it's inception, this thread has flourished with an awesomeness
for being "Good" and "Happy" and with "Smiles" … merely by the title it had.
So it is definitely with hopeful constructive optimism for the flavour not to change.

I'm thinking that my Food for Thought thread can go either way too ...
and Oh Lord … I struggle just with controlling my own posts … LOL

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.