šŸ˜‚ I love the name šŸ˜‚
But dang it, the name canā€™t
Be used by the Edmonton Eskimos now.
... or may our future is ...

ā€œTonight on TSN, The Toronto Hockey Team plays The Montreal Hockey Team while out West the Battle of Alberta with The Edmonton Hockey Team and the Calgary Hockey Teamā€.
View attachment 42117

But isn't labelling a team with a geographical name, prejudicial and favouring the City or "whatever else" name is used? Just imagine if we were to call the Edmonton Oilers, the "Edmonton Hockey Team". At the very least that will grievously insult all of the myriad junior hockey teams or leagues that hail from Edmonton, so they can rightfully start a Class Action and sue the "Edmonton Hockey Team" and/or obtain a "Cease and Desist Order" prohibiting the NHL team from using that name.

Come to think of it, how can the NHL use those shortened initials? Won't that offend the National Women's League (Australian football team) or people who suffer from non-Hodgkin lymphoma to take two quick examples, or any other group who has a name which "translates" into "NHL". Terrible!!

I think in our ongoing effort to erase all history and ensure the entire world starts anew with a wonderful fresh perspective that can offend no one, regardless of whether you're a minority of one, we should refrain from using ANY names at all. So from now on, all teams get a number. Then expand that to all people and places and everything else in the world. Numbers are the perfect solution: they're gender neutral and endless, so we can rename everything with its unique descriptor and the world will once again rotate properly on its axis and in total harmony.

ALL negative connotations associated with any names will completely disappear overnight. Imagine the utopia we'll all live in!

But then we need to differentiate a regular number from a number that names something. So let's put the word "Name" at the front of each number that designates a person, place or team or...whatever. But to be careful and not put too much importance on the "Name" meaning, let's ensure it's forever in lower case: "name".

I suppose I should start with me. I thought of this brilliant solution to all the world's problems so I'll be "name1". Who's next?

BUT WAIT. I might be perceived to be elevating my importance with what's arguably the #1 designation for the use of this method. So we can't have that in a world where every person and thing is equal. So let's start the numbering at 1,000,000 which makes me "name1,000,000".

BUT WAIT. Such a long name might be seen as taking up too much space and when we number all of the almost 8,000,000,000 people in the world, to say nothing about all of the endless geographical locations and teams, etc. then we're going to be using some REALLY LONG NUMBERS. That will take up lots of space on maps, encyclopedias, directories and all other sorts of paper which will encourage waste and kill more trees which provide the world's oxygen and sustain life on our planet. Just imagine asking your grandchild to teleport you to a specific street on the Mars colony and saying take me to "name9,832,334,196,739,021" which will be its correct name. How cumbersome! So now that you consider all angles, this turns out to be a BAD solution.

BUT WAIT. If we continue in the long-sought after goal of going paperless and thus allow ALL the world's trees to survive unscathed, so we need not worry about long numbers taking up space on paper, so maybe just maybe, this solution will work.

BUT WAIT, not everyone on the planet can afford computers or don't have access to the internet so they're unable to take advantage of or participate with this new system. As well, the production of computers and all associated hardware, takes untold amounts of energy and resources from our planet, which all contributes to Global Warming and moves us ever closer to extinction.

So now we're back to square one. Sigh, I give up.:Banghead:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
But isn't labelling a team with a geographical name, prejudicial and favouring the City or "whatever else" name is used? Just imagine if we were to call the Edmonton Oilers, the "Edmonton Hockey Team". At the very least that will grievously insult all of the myriad junior hockey teams or leagues that hail from Edmonton, so they can rightfully start a Class Action and sue the "Edmonton Hockey Team" and/or obtain a "Cease and Desist Order" prohibiting the NHL team from using that name.

Come to think of it, how can the NHL use those shortened initials? Won't that offend the National Women's League (Australian football team) or people who suffer from non-Hodgkin lymphoma to take two quick examples, or any other group who has a name which "translates" into "NHL". Terrible!!

I think in our ongoing effort to erase all history and ensure the entire world starts anew with a wonderful fresh perspective that can offend no one, regardless of whether you're a minority of one, we should refrain from using ANY names at all. So from now on, all teams get a number. Then expand that to all people and places and everything else in the world. Numbers are the perfect solution: they're gender neutral and endless, so we can rename everything with its unique descriptor and the world will once again rotate properly on its axis and in total harmony.

ALL negative connotations associated with any names will completely disappear overnight. Imagine the utopia we'll all live in!

But then we need to differentiate a regular number from a number that names something. So let's put the word "Name" at the front of each number that designates a person, place or team or...whatever. But to be careful and not put too much importance on the "Name" meaning, let's ensure it's forever in lower case: "name".

I suppose I should start with me. I thought of this brilliant solution to all the world's problems so I'll be "name1". Who's next?

BUT WAIT. I might be perceived to be elevating my importance with what's arguably the #1 designation for the use of this method. So we can't have that in a world where every person and thing is equal. So let's start the numbering at 1,000,000 which makes me "name1,000,000".

BUT WAIT. Such a long name might be seen as taking up too much space and when we number all of the almost 8,000,000,000 people in the world, to say nothing about all of the endless geographical locations and teams, etc. then we're going to be using some REALLY LONG NUMBERS. That will take up lots of space on maps, encyclopedias, directories and all other sorts of paper which will encourage waste and kill more trees which provide the world's oxygen and sustain life on our planet. So now that you consider all angles, this turns out to be a BAD solution.

BUT WAIT. If we continue in the long-sought after goal of going paperless and thus allow ALL the world's trees to survive unscathed, so we need not worry about long numbers taking up space on paper, so maybe just maybe, this solution will work.

BUT WAIT, not everyone on the planet can afford computers or don't have access to the internet so they're unable to take advantage of or participate with this new system. As well, the production of computers and all associated hardware, takes untold amounts of energy and resources from our planet, which all contributes to Global Warming and moves us ever closer to extinction.

Holy s**t ... i was only joking and really should have thought before mentioning ā€œEdmontonā€ I guess šŸ˜‚
Now worried that I also mentioned ā€œTorontoā€ and ā€œMontrealā€ now šŸ¤£
I was absolutely enjoying the satcastic resolve of Washington that the ā€œEEā€ also has here ....
Used hockey only because Seattle needs a name ... OMG šŸ˜†

So Iā€ll change it up now and go to the Electric Automobile ... just wondering what will happen when advocates against costly battery and charging power start to stand on soapboxes šŸ¤” .... perhaps this might work šŸ¤£ but then again we get back to animal rights ... oh well ... square one perhaps here too.

46D90E03-48A7-45CE-AA3A-25F02ABF1D08.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ddgermann

BUT WAIT. Such a long name might be seen as taking up too much space and when we number all of the almost 8,000,000,000 people in the world, to say nothing about all of the endless geographical locations and teams, etc. then we're going to be using some REALLY LONG NUMBERS. That will take up lots of space on maps, encyclopedias, directories and all other sorts of paper which will encourage waste and kill more trees which provide the world's oxygen and sustain life on our planet. Just imagine asking your grandchild to teleport you to a specific street on the Mars colony and saying take me to "name9,832,334,196,739,021" which will be its correct name. How cumbersome! So now that you consider all angles, this turns out to be a BAD solution.

I gave up a long time ago.... How about we just tell all the save the worlders to suck it up and find something meaningful to b1otch about.
If you do a little research, there are millions of words and phrases in the English language with origins that can be classified as derogatory in someones imaginative opinion, and thus offensive to somebody. Almost all of these words and many other words are perfectly fine in context and if not used in a derogatory manner.

Sorry if I sound redneck but where does it end. Oh. By the way, the term redneck has also been deemed to have racial connotations and earned a US woman a transfer after she often referred to her own husband as redneck. An African-American subordinate filed a complaint of workplace discrimination against her.

There is not much that cannot be deemed offensive in one way or the other to someone. It's only a matter of time before we won't have enough words left to carry on a conversation.

Now to hear from the peanut gallery.... Oops... The term peanut gallery originated in the southern US in the 1920's and referred to where the black people had to sit in a theater. I better quit while I'm ahead and don't offend any more than I already have..... JMO

So is JD the president? Not technically. He is only the presumptive president elect until such time as the electoral college files their votes. This is the same every election so nothing abnormal there. Still, we can be fairly well assured that JD will be the next president.
Georgia is going to an automatic recount because of the slim margin and DT does have the right to request recounts where there are other slim margins. So all is normal there as well.
What has to be watched is how crazy it gets if there are recounts and a gang of thugs show up to make sure their candidate wins. Don't say it will happen but there are a few red necks who believe more in the rule of the gun rather than the rule of law. If it doesn't turn out their way then it must be fraudulent. Or at least some seem to think that way.

All I can really say is that it has been quite sad to see the supposedly most democratic nation wroth by quarrelling over who's vote counts more than any other's.
Was funny to see them shouting stop the count in PA and shouting the exact opposite in AZ.
Hearsay is that DT had to be told to stop saying "Stop the Count" as that would have meant he lost as BD was ahead. Also just about all the military votes from staff on various assignments arrive after the election day. Always been that way. Wonder if DT realized he was trying to disenfranchise them.

At any rate lets hope that the swamp that has been built up around the WH gets drained properly. IMHO

So is JD the president? Not technically. He is only the presumptive president elect until such time as the electoral college files their votes. This is the same every election so nothing abnormal there. Still, we can be fairly well assured that JD will be the next president.
Georgia is going to an automatic recount because of the slim margin and DT does have the right to request recounts where there are other slim margins. So all is normal there as well.
What has to be watched is how crazy it gets if there are recounts and a gang of thugs show up to make sure their candidate wins. Don't say it will happen but there are a few red necks who believe more in the rule of the gun rather than the rule of law. If it doesn't turn out their way then it must be fraudulent. Or at least some seem to think that way.

All I can really say is that it has been quite sad to see the supposedly most democratic nation wroth by quarrelling over who's vote counts more than any other's.
Was funny to see them shouting stop the count in PA and shouting the exact opposite in AZ.
Hearsay is that DT had to be told to stop saying "Stop the Count" as that would have meant he lost as BD was ahead. Also just about all the military votes from staff on various assignments arrive after the election day. Always been that way. Wonder if DT realized he was trying to disenfranchise them.

At any rate lets hope that the swamp that has been built up around the WH gets drained properly. IMHO
Red necks? I guess you missed the last six months of Antifa rioting.

Reactions: Pep
Don't really want to go there with you Carrriboocreek.
I don't think rioters from either the left or the right have any justification.
Maybe some people think one side is more righteous than the other!
Your post went there. You singled out gun loving red necks. Very few of us believe in the law of the gun over the rule of law. At least over laws that donā€™t infringe on my basic rights.

Reactions: Pep
Your post went there. You singled out gun loving red necks. Very few of us believe in the law of the gun over the rule of law. At least over laws that donā€™t infringe on my basic rights.
And you get to decide which laws are just and which are not.
So if they are not to your liking they must be unjust.
I see where you are coming from.

And one of the better descriptions actually goes to a Republican

"We have never seen Republicans swallow the kind of manure that they have with a big smile on their face for the last few years."

"

AAH Crap! We're back in to the political BS again.
I apologize to everyone for that.
I will cease and desist from political crap from now on.
Don't mind a discussion but toot for tat isn't good for anyone.

Sunday - For those that have seen this post previously I have done an edit on it.
As was pointed out, with reason, I do not need to qualify "everyone"

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: vintageracer
Well... Thoughts for the day has been quiet lately so I will toss my two cents worth in...
Got up this morning and after a while my one and only informed me that our landline phone was not working.... dead air... After spending my 30 minute cell call wait on hold with the carrier, I grew tired and pushed "2" to have them call be back. A couple hours later, I received the call from a nice young man who's name I didn't quite catch. Just a note that by this time social media had confirmed that everyone in our area was also without phone service. I explained we had dead air and that all our neighbours also had no service. He then asked me how many phones I had and how many were actually plugged into the phone line as opposed to being portable. I told him 2 phones were plugged into the phone lines, but I was beginning to doubt his understanding of my problem. He then asked me to unplug one phone at a time and then check if the other phone was working or not. I was a bit unclear on how my phones could have caused the crash of everyone in East Red Deer and asked him such. He said there was no system note indicating a disruption in the area and it might be just my phone line (even though half the County was dead as well). I then advised that a number of my neighbours had also called in the outage but that seemed to go to deaf ears. At the end of the call, he advised he would put in a service order for a tech to come to my house and check things out and he would likely be here tomorrow but would call me first, and there would be a service call charge if this was a problem isolated to only my service.... Like... DUH!!!!!.... So being the laid back person I am, I said fine and went about my merry way. 20 minutes later I received a text on my cell informing me there was a service outage in the area and that my personal service call had been cancelled....Wow.... I never would have guessed.... . Whew... What Relief.... Two hours later I received a call on my land line informing me that my social insurance number had been compromised and to call immediately to save the world from imploding.... oh yes... and to have my credit card handy..... I knew only then that things were back to normal....

Well... Thoughts for the day has been quiet lately so I will toss my two cents worth in...
Got up this morning and after a while my one and only informed me that our landline phone was not working.... dead air... After spending my 30 minute cell call wait on hold with the carrier, I grew tired and pushed "2" to have them call be back. A couple hours later, I received the call from a nice young man who's name I didn't quite catch. Just a note that by this time social media had confirmed that everyone in our area was also without phone service. I explained we had dead air and that all our neighbours also had no service. He then asked me how many phones I had and how many were actually plugged into the phone line as opposed to being portable. I told him 2 phones were plugged into the phone lines, but I was beginning to doubt his understanding of my problem. He then asked me to unplug one phone at a time and then check if the other phone was working or not. I was a bit unclear on how my phones could have caused the crash of everyone in East Red Deer and asked him such. He said there was no system note indicating a disruption in the area and it might be just my phone line (even though half the County was dead as well). I then advised that a number of my neighbours had also called in the outage but that seemed to go to deaf ears. At the end of the call, he advised he would put in a service order for a tech to come to my house and check things out and he would likely be here tomorrow but would call me first, and there would be a service call charge if this was a problem isolated to only my service.... Like... DUH!!!!!.... So being the laid back person I am, I said fine and went about my merry way. 20 minutes later I received a text on my cell informing me there was a service outage in the area and that my personal service call had been cancelled....Wow.... I never would have guessed.... . Whew... What Relief.... Two hours later I received a call on my land line informing me that my social insurance number had been compromised and to call immediately to save the world from imploding.... oh yes... and to have my credit card handy..... I knew only then that things were back to normal....
He probably just wanted you to re-boot your land lines Rruuff. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.