Okay fine, here is Roxy's centerfold.

20161112_194017.jpg

@RockyPM just told me that a true story is written on a Beer that I am enjoying. Oh my, according the the last sentence, in order to share just one with each different one I know, I am going to have to have at least a few dozen of these on hand ... and a few more for my friends with multiple unusual personalities 😂

1E4241A2-8D5A-43E5-A669-0A876E55C87F.jpeg

3BA25C2A-72EC-4A80-9BA0-7783F48BEA2A.jpeg

Buy 🇨🇦

Last edited:
The Troubled Monk is following their history with the beers they produce. Each one has a story to what it has been named after. The Pesky Pig berr is named after a rather large porker that escaped from the butcher's in downtown Red Deer and ran wild for several months before being captured. There is actually a statue in its honor located at Red Deer College. It used to be in downtown Red Deer.
Funny way to learn history but I think they are onto something!

The Troubled Monk is following their history with the beers they produce. Each one has a story to what it has been named after. The Pesky Pig berr is named after a rather large porker that escaped from the butcher's in downtown Red Deer and ran wild for several months before being captured. There is actually a statue in its honor located at Red Deer College. It used to be in downtown Red Deer.
Funny way to learn history but I think they are onto something!

I remember Francis... They tried to tranquilize him and shot the dart into a vital organ... there was a bit of an uproar over that as many just wanted them to let him be....

Denny Hamlin winning this past Wednesday Night’s Live covid-no-spectator NASCAR Race
and having two masks available for interviews.
This is his “Winning” Mask 😂 that may otherwise just scare little kids 🤣

6435E4E6-7040-453C-9D0A-83DE5DFA83BF.jpeg\
037B76CF-CC0B-4AF7-AF96-7712F83F7192.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Absolutely HAPPY 😃
Finally not being singled out (with Brooks) by the
“we are all in this together - but at least it’s not me” fellow Albertans (like a particular barber in Red Deer).
By no means does this mean economic life has income instantly flowing into the doors for YYC
however it boosts my spirit today - even I know there are those who are not agreeing that YYC should open..
I looked at numbers with my kid and calculate that 1 in 1,000 has kept the City shut down of which there are 50
active cases today that keep YYC closed, the rest have been deemed to have recovered.

On the flip-side I guess I no longer have an excuse for not getting a haircut 😷

If I can, I am going to try my best to support small family-owned and operated Restaurant Businesses.
The larger scale multi-national fast-food no-contact drive-thru chain operations really have not
been thanking me/us (the customers) as of late, during this limited and stay-at-home patronage.

8990490B-93B6-4579-B71E-FA86BE03D242.jpeg

Last edited:
Red Deer opened up last week. I had to grab some groceries so popped in to Co-op. The change amazed me. Was like Covid19 never happened. No more sanitizer station at the door, maybe 1% of people wearing masks, no one wearing gloves, including staff, store was mobbed with people, no social distancing whatsoever. I turned around and left. Groceries can wait.

Red Deer opened up last week. I had to grab some groceries so popped in to Co-op. The change amazed me. Was like Covid19 never happened. No more sanitizer station at the door, maybe 1% of people wearing masks, no one wearing gloves, including staff, store was mobbed with people, no social distancing whatsoever. I turned around and left. Groceries can wait.

2nd wave... here we come right.

Here it's the law to wear masks and social distance. They will fine the hell out of you on the spot if not. They opened the malls and some businesses. Even massage shops are open here again, with the rule that massages can only be from the waist down. (No I'm not kidding... that is what they announced) Unfortunately the bars are still shut. Maybe in a couple weeks they will open with some wild precautions the news said.
However. To get into most businesses; especially the malls you have to QR code and download an app that makes you contactable if someone you have been exposed to gets COVID. Basically tracks you and associates your location with the location information of someone who has come down with COVID. Then you will be ordered to attend a testing clinic and into quarantine etc.
Here they say it is not about your rights. It is about containing the spread and preventing a massive 2nd wave.
There hasn't been more than a few new cases here daily for the last couple of weeks. And 90% of those were Thais returning home from abroad. Thais returning home are put in a government-run 2-week quarantine center. No going home allowed. Although yesterday they announced a 5 star quarantine in hotels is now available for a price.

Hope Canada does not have a massive 2nd wave as I really need to get home in a few months.
Yes I know... it's not all about me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.