Good evening Wayne,

Wow, the last acre combined this afternoon. I had about 8 acres of peas, got through 5 of them and had to go and get my son yesterday. I found out he has a science test next Thursday and as he is going to a classmates birthday party tonight last night would be my only time to help him prepare - I have no control over what he does with his mother for example. So I only returned to finish the peas this afternoon once the frost dried off.........

It would be so nice if Google Earth was in real time Riley but I think this image in 2006 or 2008??? Before I moved here but of course it doesn't look much different.

I will take mom for a rip if I am able as well!!

Still no call that the fuel pump came in.

More annoying I ordered the SC oil direct from Vortech but then they told me the next day they don't ship to PO Boxes. So I ordered it from a certain speed shop in Calgary..........like a week and a half ago and it still hasn't shown up! File that under the category of things that wouldn't have happened had I ordered it from Manny instead. Who knew...............

+12 but a 60% chance of showers tomorrow, 60% chance of flurries on Sunday. +8 on Tuesday and Wednesday though.

I'm not sure if I'll get time to take a trip in the Z06 when I do get it. Autocross season is over so far as I know.

Plus we're suppose to be getting in railcars to load with canola the week of Nov 4th so that sort of keeps me close to home. At this point I'd be happy with taking the car to get the mail!!

But it feels like such a huge weight is off my shoulders. The crop is safe in the bin and dad is drying some canola today and is almost done with that. I'm not sure what markets are doing but in the grand scheme of things what it is, it is. Bills to pay and all!

Cheers,

Garry

So a new twist. The car has a Boost A Pump to increase voltage to the pump so it will supply more fuel under WOT conditions. Some users have reported fuel pump failures soon thereafter. Anyone familiar with this? Google Boost A Pump Failure and you'll fine a few threads, especially some dealing with a BAP and SC modded C6's oddly!

Now I'm really disappointed that the dealer doing the repair wouldn't install Manny's Stage 2 pump upgrade................as the time was right!

Cheers,

Garry

Why wouldn't the dealer install it?

I run a Kenne Bell BAP on my car and have never had an issue. It only increases voltage to the pump when in boost, which shouldn't be an issue for the pump. Many people run them without issue. I believe using a racetronix harness not only makes the install cleaner, but gives cleaner power directly from the alternator which is better.

Good morning Canuk,

Well that is good news to hear. I mentioned it as there have been more than one case of someone having problems with it on their car. But good to hear of someone who is happy with it with some miles under their belt.

I also had that experience which at first I put down to my imagination that the car was not pulling as hard as I was expecting it to and in hindsite, after learning that the fuel pump had failed and it happened twice before the failure, once when it failed to start and the second time a few miles before it finally packed it in, and that one fellow talked about a reduction in fuel pressure your mind gets to thinking strange thoughts!

I'm not sure why the dealer would not be willing to install the upgrade Manny had suggested while the fuel tank was removed for the stcok pump replacement. The dealer said that the guys in the shop were not excited about having to drill a hole and to add a fitting to the fuel tank and as I know they can already be a bit sensitive didn't want to push it.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Garry

Well some good news finally. The dealer called, the car is ready. Some wire twisting and they say it is running - the question they are telling me is they are not sure for how long. So I will pick it up on Monday. I'm not sure what the bill is yet - anyone want to hazzard a guess? They changed the oil and replaced the hood struts too which failed about 2 months ago as well. I think the struts were $75 each, the new pump $750, the labour for this I'm not sure and I seem to recall the oil change last time might have been $250 so that will give you a starting point!!

I'm thinking between 3 and 5 K sadly. So I'll take 4K to average it out. Any others??

Cheers,

Garry

Good evening Somebuddy,

$2679! I would almost consider that a pleasant surprise!

The $250 may have included the costs for also doing some code reading work. This was at the same time as my Snake Charmer experience and so I was getting a lean bank code as I recall. Something to do with my fathers OBD2 reader not being able to pull and or erase/reset the codes so I had to get the dealer to do it.

As well there may be a difference in the C5 and C6 wet sump/dry sump. The LS7 I think holds 8 or 9 liters. GM specifies only one type of oil for the Z06 as well which the deler didn't even stock of course - he had to get it from some store in town.........

I know my Sentra that I just had done today was 4 liters and cost $95 full synthetic.

I wish I could offer a prize for the closest guess on the bill!

Cheers,

Garry

No guess navion??!!

Yes. I have come to the comclusion that in hindsight I should have had AMA haul the car to my old mechanic of 16 years in Spirit River, only being 70 km away from where it broke down it is within the 180 or whatever km they will tow for free. It is a busy garage but they would have done the stage 2 pump replacement for sure and of course this is the town there the Z06 will also be spending the winter.

However, I did honestly believe that the GM dealer would do the pump upgrade. It was probably as much a shock for me as anything when the service manager refused - at this point they already had the old pump out so I was probably committed. But if it fails ever again it will be going elsewhere to be sure..........

Cheers,

Garry

Thanks navion!

So:

And to borrow Colin's format from the clothes order we have:

Wayne - $4784.17
Garry - $4000.00
navion - $3874.00
Somebuddy - $2679.00

Come on you guys! Lets have some fun with this! I wonder if Manny wants to put his skills to the test on this one??!!

Cheers,

Garry

Thanks navion!

So:

Wayne - $4784.17
Garry - $4000.00
navion - $3874.00
Somebuddy - $2679.00
CaledoniaBrian - $4674

Come on you guys! Lets have some fun with this! I wonder if Manny wants to put his skills to the test on this one??!!

Cheers,

Garry

Added my guess Garry

Thanks Brian! That's the spirit!

So:

Wayne - $4784.17
Garry - $4000.00
navion - $3874.00
Somebuddy - $2679.00
CaledoniaBrian - $4674.00

Cheers,

Garry

Good morning N20Vette, welcome along!

Thanks Brian! That's the spirit!

So:

Wayne - $4784.17
Garry - $4000.00
navion - $3874.00
N20Vette - $3685.00
Somebuddy - $2679.00

Cheers,

Garry

Challenges in my life this morning. Helping my son with a math test in which he has to pay for soemthing with loonies, quarters, dimes, nickles and pennies. He needs the right total and also a specific # of coins. It is not going well............

Cheers,

Garry

Garry said:
Wayne - $4784.17
Garry - $4000.00
navion - $3874.00
N20Vette - $3685.00
Somebuddy - $2679.00

Cheers,

Garry

Challenges in my life this morning. Helping my son with a math test in which he has to pay for soemthing with loonies, quarters, dimes, nickles and pennies. He needs the right total and also a specific # of coins. It is not going well............

Cheers,

Garry

Ok I'll play along and go higher....hoping it doesn't go that high tho:

CCO - $4800
Wayne - $4784.17
Garry - $4000.00
navion - $3874.00
N20Vette - $3685.00
Somebuddy - $2679.00

Good afternoon everyone,

Well, got the grain moved, still have a small pile from overloading the truck in a field, maybe 10 bushels to pick up but Dad is gone to the dump so not until after 2 he said.

Wow this guessing is a lot more fun than teaching my son math! I can't remember when I was so frustrated last. Maybe when I was still married?? Actually I was happy then so maybe during the divorce proceedings it would be...........

CCO - $4800
Wayne - $4784.17
Garry - $4000.00
navion - $3874.00
N20Vette - $3685.00
Steamer - $3175
Somebuddy - $2679.00

I think this is truely a case of hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Cheers,

Garry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.