Final field started at 5 tonight. Came home early to bath my son, do his laundry and review his reading book. Possibly done by tomorrow night. Looks like I'll miss out on custom combining (drat!) but at this point I'm OK with that and just want to get into post combining stuff and a return to my normal life.

Canola seed sales eh! A good pitch but I'm an independent canola seed dealer when I wear one of my other hats.............

But a ride in the yellow beast is always available when it works for us, most likely now in 2014!!

Cheers,

Garry

Canola seed sales eh! A good pitch but I'm an independent canola seed dealer when I wear one of my other hats.............

But a ride in the yellow beast is always available when it works for us, most likely now in 2014!!

Cheers,

Garry

LOL.........to funny Garry..........I'm thinking that with the price of this crap (canola seed) one free bag has got to be worth one good DRIVE in the yellow beast!! Of course you could monitor my behavior from the passenger seat and make sure I don't do anything you wouldn't do! LOL Good luck with the last field.........bet its great to see the end of harvest for this year. You should try to get down this way in 2014 for one of the central AB. events.

I hope they get the fuel pump in early this week. The weather still looks Z06 driveable for the next week so there are still a few km left that one could enjoy.

I'll see about washing my windows and taking another video of the wheat harvest today. I'm awake now at 2 am as I can't sleep with the thought of the chance that harvest will finally be over for us tonight. The wheat on the final field is even dry which is a great bonus. A 30% chance of showers this morning but I can't see it happening so I just have to take my son to school, pick up some radiator fan drive belts and an idler pulley and then back home and in the cab for the end run. Unless it is going to be crazy late we'll get it done tonight otherwise it will be Tuesday morning..........

So Somebuddy - Pioneer, DeKalb, Canterra..........???? I'm with BY myself............

Cheers,

Garry

Get-er-done! Looking forward to hearing about the completion of the fields! I guess the only good thing with the Vette in the shop is at least you aren't distracted by wanting to drive it right now! :D

Here's to a speedy recovery for your car!

There is no doubt that the evolution in farm equipment is amazing. From horses in my father's day to GPS, auto steering tractors, combines and swathers! You almost wonder what is left for the farmer to do.

We didn't finish the final field (video still loading that I started last night!! The link when it is done will be http://youtu.be/Q9yo4J9mb64 ) as we took time to vote in the municiple election and the crop was a bit lodged and started to get heavier as we are working east so we are going more clowly. But 30 to 40 acreas left so we should finish maybe early afternoon. It is always hard to get a sense of what if left especially once it gets dark.

You are very right Riley. While I miss just seeing the Z06 in the driveway and I sure could have used a quick 10 to 15 minute drive every second day or so it is nice not to have its distraction right now. Maybe this week the pump will be in and it will be assembled.

You guys consider how lucky you are to have Manny there. My local dealer refused to install the Stage 2 pump Manny had recommended to me since the car is in the right stage of disassembly...........they didn't want to drill a hole in the fuel tank apparently...........

Cheers,

Garry

Well, as the saying goes when it comes to people working on vehicles. There are parts changers, and then there are mechanics. Seems like most shops now just have a lot of parts changers and couldn't actually fix anything to get something that stopped working, working again. All they can do is replace what is not working with new parts. Probably a lot of this has to do with shop policy and worry about liability and sometimes new parts are cheaper than the shop time to repair the old part. But anyway, it's too bad shops don't have the faith to go beyond the typical procedure of just swapping parts and if it didn't come from the factory that way, we can't fix it.

I have to admit I agree with you Riley. Very few seem able to think outside of being able to follow instructions for replacing parts and something as unusual as adding an aftermarket fuel pump would just be such an unusual experience for them that would not want to undertake such a project. And perhaps being worried about any subsequent problems that might crop up they just don't want to go down this road - they obviously have enough regular by the book work to keep them busy it seems.

I was also struck by the shop foreman's concern about working on a car that was no longer stock as well. I rather thought they'd be excited about the prospect of working on such a unique car but I was wrong...............

Showers at the moment so the last bit of combining will have to be delayed - drat!

Cheers,

Garry

So the other video is up apparently.

WTF - the right rear beater bearing failed on me this afternoon! So it is repaired now and mom is finishing the last of the wheat now so harvest I guess it done. Two areas of wild oat to cut and about 8 acres of peas to do tomorrow but otherwise it is all in the bin as they say. I wish I could have been there for the completion but I had taken the straight cut header off the combine before I decided to try to tackle removing the old bearing and it went so well and the dealer in Fairview had the parts so I ended up putting it back together with the help of cousin Brad but after that didn't feel like throwing the header back on and heading out to the field...........

But it still feels good!

Cheers,

Garry

Thanks Steamer! Maybe a carryover from my days when I talked on tours about my test plots!

As usual Wayne I am not sure how to do this, here is my try:

https://maps.google.com/?ll=56.17868,-117.71424&z=16&t=h

There is a large farm on the left side of the road, my place is on the right side of the road..............I can give you directions to other places from here in the future!!

Cheers,

Garry

Good evening Wayne,

The field I was in where harvest just finished was 3 miles to the east of my place, SW but adjacent to the town of Grimshaw.

I worked at Queen E for three summers when I was in high school and university. I stayed out of it for along time for some reason I couldn`t tell you now but my son and I go bike riding there often as he likes to zip along the paved park roads and in and out of the camp loops.

I just got back from my parents place. Oddly mom and I really suffer from a sort of post-harvest blues. You are so tensed up and pushin all the time and then POOF it comes to a crashing end. But you`re still in the pushing mode for another few days until you can come down.

We both agreed that some km travelled in the Z06 would do me the world of good. And that she also reminded me that I haven't taken her for a ride in it since last year!! And as she and Dad and my gf all chipped in to buy me the methnaol injection system that I owed her a ride with the light on. Maybe my next Youtube video??

Cheers,

Garry

Hahaha! That would be too good of a video!

I checked out the google earth link. It works good, and everything looks so green there! Not a hint of snow.....because google earth is in real time, right? :D

You'll have to plan some decompressing event for when harvest is done! Harvest autocross or run, or road trip? Was completing harvest earlier or later than usual?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.