From what I understand the allocations on the 12th get submitted by this Saturday.

So, the allocations received today will get submitted next Saturday, August 28th
Could be they got it on Aug 12 and just telling me know. Just finalized my options.
Coupe, Torch red, 2LT, natural gt1 seats, grey trident wheels, low spoiler, perf exhaust, red calipers, mag ride. No price yet.

They take care of you only if you buy from them.
Back in late 2020, while I was waiting for my 2020 from another local dealer, I dropped in to see the showroom C8 there. Someone walked over and I told him my story. He walked away . No congrats , no enthusiasm. Just walked away.

Pardon my ignorance but how can a 2022 be delivered in October if BGA only starts 2022 production in the last week of Septemb

GM expects to start production of the 2022's the week of September 6, according to the Corvetteblogger article below (and other places confirm that timing). Ontario C8 deliveries are by truck and faster than train deliveries, so some fortunate Ontario buyers see their C8's within 2 weeks or so. If raycer gets an early production date, it's very possible he'll see his C8 in October. Lucky him!!

GM expects to start production of the 2022's the week of September 6, according to the Corvetteblogger article below (and other places confirm that timing). Ontario C8 deliveries are by truck and faster than train deliveries, so some fortunate Ontario buyers see their C8's within 2 weeks or so. If raycer gets an early production date, it's very possible he'll see his C8 in October. Lucky him!!

TPW's are very fluid. They can easily move up. Who knows what goes on in the mind of GM, but early TPW's could be set with worst case scenario in mind. Remember TPW's are there for the people who order the parts etc. Not for the buyer.

It is my understanding that dealers are told of their allocations on Thursdays, but can't submit them until Saturday and have until the following Tuesday to submit them or lose them.
Just talked to my sales manager. He said they gets a notice on a Wednesday informing them of an allocation that can be entered the next day (Thursday) until Saturday and not to be modified after the following Tuesday. So my allocation is today. He also thinks we should have the build week in 7 days or so.

Okay I see 2022 production will start soon, and maybe I won't have to wait "10 months at least". But when the time comes (within a month or so it looks like) to put a formal order in (mental note must decide on colour! must decide on colour!) is there something I should be asking the dealer for to help me track the order through the system? GM order number? Customer Reference ID? Guru Meditation Number? Thanks much.

Okay I see 2022 production will start soon, and maybe I won't have to wait "10 months at least". But when the time comes (within a month or so it looks like) to put a formal order in (mental note must decide on colour! must decide on colour!) is there something I should be asking the dealer for to help me track the order through the system? GM order number? Customer Reference ID? Guru Meditation Number? Thanks much.
You will get an Order Number from the GM work bench at your dealership. You can use that to find out Order "status" online with the concierge at any time. Once your order hits 3300 - 3400 status, you should get your VIN from your dealer. Then you can track your car's progress through your salesman and/or BGM directly.

You will want to have your dealer let you know these stages.
1100 Dealer has entered your order in the Workbench software (That's all it means)
2000 accepted by GM (GM guarantees it will be built)
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control (parts are ordered)
3300 Order Scheduled for Production (TPW available from your dealer
3400 Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced (Partial vin available)

Below are different situations you may face.
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 ORDER BAYED; VEHICLE IS WAITING ON TRANSPORTATION OR PULLED FOR QUALITY CONTROL
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4200 Vehicle Shipped from Bowling Green

Last edited:
Reactions: raycer
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.