Sep 30, 2021
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
21 Vette Z51
Province
ON
Just wondering if anyone has gotten as creative as me and mabe even more so with their battery tenders

Yea I know I got too much time on my hands 😂

Would be cool to see

Attachments

• 6DBE4292-A5D4-47AD-8B6F-92A912142A96.jpeg
    6DBE4292-A5D4-47AD-8B6F-92A912142A96.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 308
  • 1CA01F83-16D4-4329-B89F-5FC1B35D2B67.jpeg
    1CA01F83-16D4-4329-B89F-5FC1B35D2B67.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I use a Stanley Fat Max 8A maintainer/charger in my vehicles. It works well in my motorhome keeping the chassis battery charged off my coach batteries and solar panels. That said, I added the battery protection package, just because.

I use a Stanley Fat Max 8A maintainer/charger in my vehicles. It works well in my motorhome keeping the chassis battery charged off my coach batteries and solar panels. That said, I added the battery protection package, just because.
I love reviews! LOL Nobody who likes a product ever seems to respond!

1683912416153.png

Reactions: Vettenut
That seems like a good one and the price is right

Iv been using the one I optioned with the car at the time I thought for 100 bucks why not

Seems to be working very well and looks pretty cool

Once my wifes cousin ( female ) came into the garage saw it plugged in to my little station and asked

" Oh is that an electric car ? " :D:rolleyes:

That seems like a good one and the price is right

Iv been using the one I optioned with the car at the time I thought for 100 bucks why not

Seems to be working very well and looks pretty cool

Once my wifes cousin ( female ) came into the garage saw it plugged in to my little station and asked

" Oh is that an electric car ? " :D:rolleyes:
I'm not sure they're still available. The 2 I bought were years ago, maybe 5 or more?

For tender, do you guys put it on regularly or just for winter storage?
Depends on how often you drive it. We use our car 3 or 4 times a week, so it's never on the tender until mid winter when it gets driven maybe once a week

Reactions: KTJF and Vettenut
For tender, do you guys put it on regularly or just for winter storage?
Check this story.......

Last summer I took the C8 to of all places .... the cemetery to visit my parents and a few others the cemetery is Glendale in Etobicoke... this place is the size of a small city

It was around dusk and the place was deserted so like the moron that I am I used the cemetery as a closed course race track. Just gunning it from mausoleum to mausoleum. There are several there. Shutting the car off every time I got out to visit.

After my last stop there I start the car and low and behold I have a check engine light. @#$%^&*%$#@#

I drive the car home and on the way the check engine light goes out.....ok some comfort

Next day I book an appt with the dealer ..... they checked it out and said it was a low voltage problem that caused the light to come on. They cleared the code but told me it had already corrected itself. Made sense .... Start it ... gun it ... shut off repeat 3 or 4 times ...

So for me I plug it in every time I park it in the garage . I dont drive the car every day sometimes it sits for a week or more even in the summer .

If you daily drive your vette or drive it every other day of course you dont need to plug it in all the time but if it is going to sit for a week or more then I would for sure

Also naturally its plugged in all winter

Reactions: KTJF
Here's another option for those who might find themselves stranded by a dead or low battery somewhere, without anywhere to plug in the tender. I bought 2 of them last year, and so far, the one I've actually used to keep my lawn tractor's battery charged through winter, has worked flawlessly.
Amazon product ASIN B07Y5TKMZ4On a good "sun" day, 20W will produce just over 1A of current to the battery, and it's got a built in charge controller, and is waterproof. I will be keeping one of them in the C8's frunk, JIC. As a follow up, is the "always hot" 12VDC outlet in the frunk, the only one of it's kind on board? I looked through and searched the OM, but couldn't find it, or simply couldn't get the right keywords for the search.

Here's another option for those who might find themselves stranded by a dead or low battery somewhere, without anywhere to plug in the tender. I bought 2 of them last year, and so far, the one I've actually used to keep my lawn tractor's battery charged through winter, has worked flawlessly.
Amazon product ASIN B07Y5TKMZ4On a good "sun" day, 20W will produce just over 1A of current to the battery, and it's got a built in charge controller, and is waterproof. I will be keeping one of them in the C8's frunk, JIC. As a follow up, is the "always hot" 12VDC outlet in the frunk, the only one of it's kind on board? I looked through and searched the OM, but couldn't find it, or simply couldn't get the right keywords for the search.
I have one of these because you never know if it’s going to be sunny, especially after dark.

IMG_9860.png

I have one of these because you never know if it’s going to be sunny, especially after dark.

View attachment 109005
I don't do a lot of night driving any more, and it works in cloudy conditions, too. But not so much after dark, yes.
Or, since some of you always have sun shining out of you, somewhere, just sit on it, and it should work fine.

I had 2 when I had the Shelby and Z06, an Autometer one and an actual Battery tender product. Both served me well but sold them both when I got the ZR1 (it came with the Corvette tender optioned on the window sticker). I use that one on the ZR and I also bought a Canadian tire one last year that is a tender and charger. I use that one when I was doing Intercooler bleeds on cars with my Cooler Bleeder last year so it mostly sits idle, only used it sparingly.

The Corvette tender was mounted on the wall near the RR side of the ZR but it was a pain to use sometimes with the limited reach of the plug cord so I just set it in the car at the back and plug it into an extension to the outlet near the car, been fine the last 2+ years I started doing it that way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.