Nov 9, 2020
Thunder Bay
VetteCoins
Car
C8 2LT, E63AMG
Province
ON
Does anyone know of a way to make the clear top of the coupe less transparent in regards to sunlight? Last time I drove 1400 kms in warm sunny weather I had a headache from the constant sun. It was great for a few hours but then got to be too much. I would like a good ay to block the sun with some type of screen but haven’t heard of anything. So asking if anyone knows of something? Btw I do have the regular top, but would like to use the clear one for the long drives as well if possible.

I have a Honda CR-V that I wanted to use for glamping so wanted a way to opaque the windows plus have open sunroof without insects so bought fibreglass screen for $25 and clear suction cups. I cut the screen to fit, removed the cup hooks and superglued the suction cups to the insect screen. Turns out it works great for the transparent roof and when you want more sun, pop the two front cups off and let the screen dangle behind the seats.

Last edited:
Reactions: harshadt
I meant that when I'm driving a long distance in sunny weather then I want to be able to put the screen on and decrease the direct sunlight coming through, but otherwise, be able to remove the screen and have the light come through. I drove from Toronto to Thunder Bay last year in a cloudless, sunny day and I had e headache after driving 14 hrs in the continuous sun. That's what I want to be able to avoid. I also have the painted regular top so don't need permanent tint, but would like to use the transparent top for the long drives if possible.

I meant that when I'm driving a long distance in sunny weather then I want to be able to put the screen on and decrease the direct sunlight coming through, but otherwise, be able to remove the screen and have the light come through. I drove from Toronto to Thunder Bay last year in a cloudless, sunny day and I had e headache after driving 14 hrs in the continuous sun. That's what I want to be able to avoid. I also have the painted regular top so don't need permanent tint, but would like to use the transparent top for the long drives if possible.
Our Camaros came with velcro shades that attached from the inside. I'd just do that. get some fabric and glue velcro to it and the top.

I have the solid top, but prefer the transparent if possible. Mirror top would be cool for sure!!! Parking under a tree at 100km/h on hwy 17- would need to attach a patio umbrella to the roof instead! Drive at night- been there, done that, Mr Moose or Mr Bear are companions I don't want on my hood.

Reactions: Neils
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.