Cops were a lot friendlier back then too. I lived on an empty road in NS back then. Had a 340 Duster at the time and our local cop (young guy) was set up on the side of the road. I pulled in to chat and he looked at my car and told me (with a smile on his face) he could catch me within 3 miles if he wanted to. I told him I would come back past him and if he could catch me in 3 miles, he could write me a ticket.... Surprisingly he agreed.... Four miles later I pulled over and waited for him to catch up. He said "Damn that thing is fast", wrote me a warning and we both went on our way... lol.... That wouldn't happen nowadays....

Cops were a lot friendlier back then too. I lived on an empty road in NS back then. Had a 340 Duster at the time and our local cop (young guy) was set up on the side of the road. I pulled in to chat and he looked at my car and told me (with a smile on his face) he could catch me within 3 miles if he wanted to. I told him I would come back past him and if he could catch me in 3 miles, he could write me a ticket.... Surprisingly he agreed.... Four miles later I pulled over and waited for him to catch up. He said "Damn that thing is fast", wrote me a warning and we both went on our way... lol.... That wouldn't happen nowadays....
Same here! 1971 Plum crazy Duster 340. Scarborough cops were nice. Don Mills cops were jerks. (present company excluded if there are any here. ;) )

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread