I tried it in track mode today and it definitely tightened up a bit more. Still would like it to be stiffer and less bouncy, but I can't complain as it's good enough. Any idea if track mode turns off traction or stability control, don't see anything on the dashboard or settings about traction control.
Only cars with the Magnetic Ride Control option can vary the suspension stiffness with the mode switch.
The mode switch can vary the steering, exhaust and braking feel in different modes on all models.
The traction control switch is at the front of the console in front of the mode switch.
On Z51 cars you have PTM ( performance traction management) in Track mode which gives you
different levels on traction control for different track conditions. PTM is included with the Z51
electronic differential.

• Informative
Reactions: ZZ007 and Gilles27
I tried it in track mode today and it definitely tightened up a bit more. Still would like it to be stiffer and less bouncy, but I can't complain as it's good enough. Any idea if track mode turns off traction or stability control, don't see anything on the dashboard or settings about traction control.
My understanding is the default position is off in track mode.

the owners manual will tell you pretty much everything... Check page 183

FYI. Track Mode setting does not turn off the nannies automatically.

Reactions: nKuch
I would consider for the base suspension you get an adjustable shock that covers a range from softer to firmer than what you have. Helps to avoid a shock that once installed is too firm. Might have to wait for aftermarket to catch up. Koni is a big supplier of adjustable shocks.

Reactions: Sparro and nKuch
Only cars with the Magnetic Ride Control option can vary the suspension stiffness with the mode switch.
The mode switch can vary the steering, exhaust and braking feel in different modes on all models.
The traction control switch is at the front of the console in front of the mode switch.
On Z51 cars you have PTM ( performance traction management) in Track mode which gives you
different levels on traction control for different track conditions. PTM is included with the Z51
electronic differential.
Very good insight, thanks for that. Just to be clear, you’re saying suspension does not change at all from touring to track mode if you don’t have z51 or mag ride? That would be a bit disappointing, I’ll definitely be going aftermarket on shocks then.

Very good insight, thanks for that. Just to be clear, you’re saying suspension does not change at all from touring to track mode if you don’t have z51 or mag ride? That would be a bit disappointing, I’ll definitely be going aftermarket on shocks then.
Correct. Only 2020 C8's with Z51 AND Mag Ride Control can change suspension stiffness via the Mode selector.

You know what, I think the z51 suspension tune would have been nice to have. We have been aggressively driving the car (no z51 or mag ride) and there’s plenty of body roll and bounce in the suspension in sport mode. Going to test again in track mode and I hope it gets better. Would not recommend driving fast while in sport mode for this reason alone.
I am reading contradicting reviews in "another forum" and on the various facebook groups. People with standard suspension are reporting ZERO body roll.

I am reading contradicting reviews in "another forum" and on the various facebook groups. People with standard suspension are reporting ZERO body roll.
I notice body roll difference between snow tires and summer tires, but if I didn't know any better I might say there was none. It's likely just a matter of what people are used to.

I thought the body roll comment was strange as well since the no mag ride C7 has zero body roll as well.... Maybe if I push past 1.2 g's.... which I don't... :angelic:

Well I can’t comment on other peoples experience, but I push my car very hard and definitely noticed more body roll and bounce than in my bmw m2. I doubt many drive their cars like I do on public roads so it shouldn’t be a concern for most. I did however smack the entire undersize of my car against the road already due to the bounce of the suspension. The road wasn’t great and I was doing about 150, but still nothing I haven’t done before on the same road in different vehicles. I’ll be looking for springs asap to tighten things up.

I thought the body roll comment was strange as well since the no mag ride C7 has zero body roll as well.... Maybe if I push past 1.2 g's.... which I don't... :angelic:
I agree. My friend has a C7 Stingray and took me for a spin last summer and I was very impressed with the handling and didn't notice any body roll. To me it seemed to drive like on rails. Plus C8 engineers have been quoted saying the C8 without mag ride handles better than a C7 with mag ride.

I agree. My friend has a C7 Stingray and took me for a spin last summer and I was very impressed with the handling and didn't notice any body roll. To me it seemed to drive like on rails. Plus C8 engineers have been quoted saying the C8 without mag ride handles better than a C7 with mag ride.
Wish I could compare it to the C7 but I’ve never driven one. Its a fantastic car but if you’re a very spirited driver and like aggressive driving springs are warranted. Thats my opinion at least from driving it.

Well I can’t comment on other peoples experience, but I push my car very hard and definitely noticed more body roll and bounce than in my bmw m2. I doubt many drive their cars like I do on public roads so it shouldn’t be a concern for most. I did however smack the entire undersize of my car against the road already due to the bounce of the suspension. The road wasn’t great and I was doing about 150, but still nothing I haven’t done before on the same road in different vehicles. I’ll be looking for springs asap to tighten things up.
Knowing that you push your cars then perhaps adding Z51 as an option would’ve been a good choice.

Reactions: nKuch
Wish I had a 150 km zone around here...
Imagine if he found a good road would end up like these 2 last night on Hwy.401
Ontario Provincial Police - East Region
·
Public

BOCzaD2rwOa.png

Racing is for the track. 2 Vehicles reported speeding side by side on Hwy 401 in Leeds & Grenville on Saturday. This one was clocked at 195 km/h and failed to stop. ID'd and located a short time later. Driver charged with stunt, no insurance, unauthorized plates and given a 7 day impound and suspension, plus an appointment in court for a fine.

1585515117377.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread