@JoeyBats I was there around early September too looking at the 19's. Maybe they had sold enough cars that month so didn't need to sell any more. LOL. Either that or we both had the same sales guy, haha. When I go out car shopping its more like a sport to me. I actually dress down a bit so that a salesman will think I don't have a lot of money and will cut me a better deal. I don't know if it works or not but I have fun. Maybe this man thought I couldn't afford a Vette. He didn't know that I could have bought his whole showroom. LOL. I live by the rule never judge a book by its cover. I could tell you stories of salesmen that lost sales because they thought that person was wasting their time.

• Wow
Reactions: ccltj and OL Yeller
@JoeyBats I was there around early September too looking at the 19's. Maybe they had sold enough cars that month so didn't need to sell any more. LOL. Either that or we both had the same sales guy, haha. When I go out car shopping its more like a sport to me. I actually dress down a bit so that a salesman will think I don't have a lot of money and will cut me a better deal. I don't know if it works or not but I have fun. Maybe this man thought I couldn't afford a Vette. He didn't know that I could have bought his whole showroom. LOL. I live by the rule never judge a book by its cover. I could tell you stories of salesmen that lost sales because they thought that person was wasting their time.
Yeah , I get that.
I actually go in and always ask for the Sales Manager, as I was looking to find out how many allocations they had. The lady Sales Manager advised me H1 was sold out, I think it was 3 or 4. I was still willing to give them a deposit as I had already had a deposit at a dealer near my house. I gave them my deposit before I got on this forum and I didn't understand the allocation process. I ended up finding out I was number 27 at a dealer that had 5 H1 Allocations. I realized I would not be getting a C8 this year. I finally found a dealer that I would be on a short list in late November, l left them a deposit.

Last edited:
Reactions: ccltj and kerry4
Hey folks, first and foremost I'd like to apologize to anyone who got their TPW's and builds delayed due to the virus that's affecting the whole world right now.

My brother and I were extremely lucky to have this car built before the factory shut down and shipped + delivered before the border closes. The vehicle is a 1LT, sebring orange paint, orange seatbelts, yellow calipers, sky cool grey seats and the performance exhaust. Feel free to check out this video of us taking delivery and driving it for the first time!

We'll be doing lots of mods to the vehicle and will be uploading extensive content surrounding this vehicle for months, if there's anything specific you want answered.. ask away!

Hey guys, how is the suspension? Always hear on these forums you must have Z51 plus Mag ride. My take is that it may offer an upgrade in the dynamics of the car, but it is marketed as a much larger difference than it actually is in the real world. Your comments are much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey guys, how is the suspension? Always hear on these forums you must have Z51 plus Mag ride. My take is that it may offer an upgrade in tbe dynamics of the car. But it is marketed as a much larger difference than it is in the real world. Your comments are much appreciated.

Thanks
You know what, I think the z51 suspension tune would have been nice to have. We have been aggressively driving the car (no z51 or mag ride) and there’s plenty of body roll and bounce in the suspension in sport mode. Going to test again in track mode and I hope it gets better. Would not recommend driving fast while in sport mode for this reason alone.

• Wow
Reactions: Sparro
@nKuch Interested in your perspective on vision without the camera mirror
Not great without the camera mirror but it’s not much of an issue if you watch your side mirrors
@nKuch Interested in your perspective on vision without the camera mirror
Visibility is not great, but I feel like it’s similar to other mid engine supercars. You just need to pay attention to your side mirrors more often, especially the right side because looking over your shoulder does nothing to help you out.

Reactions: X-R8
You know what, I think the z51 suspension tune would have been nice to have. We have been aggressively driving the car (no z51 or mag ride) and there’s plenty of body roll and bounce in the suspension in sport mode. Going to test again in track mode and I hope it gets better. Would not recommend driving fast while in sport mode for this reason alone.
Sorry to here that, as mine will also be a non Z51. Other people have said the base suspension is very good. Not that I will be pushing the car to its limits. Mostly cruising around on the weekends.

Wait until Eibach and Bilstein get their products available for the C8. Should be a lot they can do to stiffen things up.
Years ago I installed Koni adjustable shocks on one of my cars. The drive was like it was on rails, I was a lot younger then, not as important to me as comfort is these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Murray20c8
Sorry to here that, as mine will also be a non Z51. Other people have said the base suspension is very good. Not that I will be pushing the car to its limits. Mostly cruising around on the weekends.
I tried it in track mode today and it definitely tightened up a bit more. Still would like it to be stiffer and less bouncy, but I can't complain as it's good enough. Any idea if track mode turns off traction or stability control, don't see anything on the dashboard or settings about traction control.

How expensive is something like that? Definitely interested in stiffening up the ride, I don't like driving my vehicle casually haha
Bilstein shocks are a little less than 200 each. You likely don't need to be too aggressive on shocks, just slightly stiffer would go a long way, so you have many options. I don't know the rates of the current C8 shocks, but the aftermarket will eventually be filled with options.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread