I did, thanks, only takes 6 and a half minutes on youtube haha. This is why I will leave it to my bodyman! I will send him this link though, much easier than reading instructions and he is paid by the hour!
concerned that they pull back the facia and not remove the whole rear bumper facia.

concerned that they pull back the facia and not remove the whole rear bumper facia.
It is pretty flexible, I will let the expert decide which way he thinks is best. I would rather pay extra to have it done 100% right. My guy is meticulous.

I think your right, I will talk to my body guy, less costly.
I used the video as well as a guide and it really is that easy. I was very hesitant to do it on my own but I tend to get satisfaction from doing things on my own so I thought what the heck. It probably was max 10 minutes to pull it all apart. I used just a Cdn tire basic tool kit that happened to have the T5 bit and I purchased a plastic pry bar from Cdn tire. There really is no way to mess it up as the bumper is really just held together by a few screws and there are this clips that just pop off and pop right back.

I used the video as well as a guide and it really is that easy. I was very hesitant to do it on my own but I tend to get satisfaction from doing things on my own so I thought what the heck. It probably was max 10 minutes to pull it all apart. I used just a Cdn tire basic tool kit that happened to have the T5 bit and I purchased a plastic pry bar from Cdn tire. There really is no way to mess it up as the bumper is really just held together by a few screws and there are this clips that just pop off and pop right back.
So you didn’t take it off all the way. You just pulled the top back?

So you didn’t take it off all the way. You just pulled the top back?
I just pulled it back enough to just get my ratchet and hands to undo the 4 bolts. Honestly I have never done anything like this before so I was nervous but now knowing how easy it was I dont have any issue recommending others to try. The only part I thought needed the most care was taking the trim off around the lights as it's a bit stiffer than the video shows. Of course you get new trim with the lights anyway but I always like to keep all original parts so I that's why I bought the plastic pry bar to ensure I used the right tool. If it was my truck I might have been more tempted to just use a flat head screw driver lol.

Reactions: Dantanman
I just pulled it back enough to just get my ratchet and hands to undo the 4 bolts. Honestly I have never done anything like this before so I was nervous but now knowing how easy it was I dont have any issue recommending others to try. The only part I thought needed the most care was taking the trim off around the lights as it's a bit stiffer than the video shows. Of course you get new trim with the lights anyway but I always like to keep all original parts so I that's why I bought the plastic pry bar to ensure I used the right tool. If it was my truck I might have been more tempted to just use a flat head screw driver lol.
Thanks they are arriving Friday

What brand are your side markers? I'm planning for Oracle/blacked out. What about the red back strip light marker?
Side markers and rear red reflector got tinted at the same time as windows and look good. Lights arrived today and they look 10 times better in person, extremely well packaged and shiny shiny Black. Can't wait to install them!

Attachments

• IMG_20200218_110933.jpg
    IMG_20200218_110933.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 18
I talked to vette lights and they said the lights don't sequence anymore as it was causing a delay in brake lights coming on. Did you use the sequence or not. If you did is there any issues.

I talked to vette lights and they said the lights don't sequence anymore as it was causing a delay in brake lights coming on. Did you use the sequence or not. If you did is there any issues.
I did use the sequence and I haven't notice a delay. I just had the car out today as it was getting towed to the wrap shop and never noticed any issue. I wasnt looking for it either but if there is a delay it must be insignificant.

Wow, I will be very disappointed if they don't work "as advertised", its not the only reason I bought them but definately one of the reasons. The most recent install video sponsored by Vettelights shows the ability to choose either mode.

I did use the sequence and I haven't notice a delay. I just had the car out today as it was getting towed to the wrap shop and never noticed any issue. I wasnt looking for it either but if there is a delay it must be insignificant.
Thanks, still waiting for shipment.
Ordered from ES S Kustoms in Saskatchewan. Because of the delay he gave me 2 tickets to the international car show here in Toronto. Good service and he is in Canada.

Wow, I will be very disappointed if they don't work "as advertised", its not the only reason I bought them but definately one of the reasons. The most recent install video sponsored by Vettelights shows the ability to choose either mode.
I have to agree the sequence is a pretty cool option. However looking at it today with the reverse lights on I was pretty happy with just overall look.

I will try both ways and not reattach the panel until I know I am satisfied.
Yes, thats why I messaged them and asked questions.
His words " The tail lights do not have a sequential feature to them. Initial batch featured this but caused an unsafe delay on brake light illumination so the feature was eliminated.about a year and half ago."
I will see and post pics when they arrive and installed. To me I don't want any delay.

Thanks, still waiting for shipment.
Ordered from ES S Kustoms in Saskatchewan. Because of the delay he gave me 2 tickets to the international car show here in Toronto. Good service and he is in Canada.
Hindsight, I should have ordered from them, had looked at them there.I couldn't find their site when it came time to order. With exchange and duty I'm in at 873.00 CDN.

His words " The tail lights do not have a sequential feature to them. Initial batch featured this but caused an unsafe delay on brake light illumination so the feature was eliminated.about a year and half ago."
I will see and post pics when they arrive and installed. To me I don't want any delay.
I did email vettelights about ordering them. He did respond to my initial inquiry that they are available but should have mentioned the change in thier product. They should also shoot a new install video or add a disclaimer.

Definitely would like to hear if you notice because I really dont see it. There are several other YouTube videos with these installed and no mention or video showing a delay.

I did email vettelights about ordering them. He did respond to my initial inquiry that they are available but should have mentioned the change in thier product. They should also shoot a new install video or add a disclaimer.
I ended up talking to the guy who made the video and he has contacted vettelights and I also made an enquiry to Morimoto and got the same response. There is confusion over this but to be clear the c6 corvette is where the issue was discovered and thus the sequential light option is not available for the C6 however for the C7 corvette there is no such issue and the sequential light was not discontinued. I guess that clears it all up and so all the c7 taillights will have the option to choose sequential or not.

Reactions: Dantanman
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.