After seeing all those blacked out vettes on the net I'm not putting any red stripes on mine. I'm going to go the blacked out look depending on legality, window tint mostly.

My wheels came from the factory with the red stripe and to be honest I wasn't in love with that look. However, I installed black lug nuts and put on some carbon fiber covered center caps and now it's working for me ok.

All my badging has been changed to carbon fiber and no color. (except the Z06 badges on the carbon fiber front quarter vents.) As the red calipers and stripe on the wheels are there it seems to work to tie it all together with a bit of red on those side badges. My markers are also totally blacked out as well with bright LEDs behind so they light up well when on.

Personally, on a black car I like the blacked out look.
Mine are carbon flash, undecided on removing Corvette script on rear end now, it's pretty subtle.

Mine are carbon flash, undecided on removing Corvette script on rear end now, it's pretty subtle.

I left mine on as it's black and really subtle. Here are a couple of pics. One in the shade and one with the morning sun directly on the back.

IMG_2768.jpeg

IMG_2794.jpeg

Reactions: tyho and Dantanman

Attachments

• 20190424_141838.jpg
    20190424_141838.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 6
I installed the GS ghosted side markers on my white C7 4 years ago. Each has 2 LED's for the lights. Installation took about 30 minutes for all 4. I have never been pulled over, even with the B & B Bullet mufflers, mid headers, Borla x-pipe and secondary cat delete. Then again it depends on how you drive.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Looks great! Is that a stock carbon flash emblem? Mine seems to show more red.(not a great pic of mine)

That's an aftermarket carbon fibre emblem. I pulled the original ones off (front and rear) and slapped these on. Spence has the factory ones with the red flag for some arts and crafts he enjoys doing.
:ROFL:

Here is the front emblem. This was taken during Graham's "Vette Fest" last summer. Yup.... Spence and I had a great time. Great event.
3D724C24-1CFD-423B-818B-6B2C4362A808_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dantanman
I installed the GS ghosted side markers on my white C7 4 years ago. Each has 2 LED's for the lights. Installation took about 30 minutes for all 4. I have never been pulled over, even with the B & B Bullet mufflers, mid headers, Borla x-pipe and secondary cat delete. Then again it depends on how you drive.
So true, I can cruise by in stealth mode with NPP closed and it sounds fairlly stock. If you happen to open it up in the wrong spot you are asking for it. Always amazed at the difference in volume from open to closed.

• Useful
Reactions: Tango
That's an aftermarket carbon fibre emblem. I pulled the original ones off (front and rear) and slapped these on. Spence has the factory ones with the red flag for some arts and crafts he enjoys doing.
:ROFL:

Here is the front emblem. This was taken during Graham's "Vette Fest" last summer. Yup.... Spence and I had a great time. Great event.
View attachment 36049

My favorite part of the new car sales process. The rust proofing, the "scotch guarding", and the extended warranty sales pitch by the Business Manager. Can't get the keys until you run the "gauntlet"

Just saw a video where this girl plasti-dipped the emblem and directly over sprayed on the hood then it peels of nicely. The rest of the video where she plasti-dips the wheels is a little cringy! Let me see if i can find it. Okay found it.

Just saw a video where this girl plasti-dipped the emblem and directly over sprayed on the hood then it peels of nicely. The rest of the video where she plasti-dips the wheels is a little cringy! Let me see if i can find it. Okay found it.

Thank you, it looks a little flat, I know they make a "glossifier" clear you can spray over top. I may look at hydro dipping them as well. The chrome wheels on my 2014 were Plasti-dipped, looked okay

Yeah... That's an old youtube. She supposedly bought her Corvette with her youtube earnings. I have played with plastidip but have no idea how long it would stand up to driving. When I painted my splitter and my rockers... or skirts or whatever you want to call them, I used the plastidip mettalizer as a final flash coat before 4 final coats of clear coat. No problems so far.

Yeah... That's an old youtube. She supposedly bought her Corvette with her youtube earnings. I have played with plastidip but have no idea how long it would stand up to driving. When I painted my splitter and my rockers... or skirts or whatever you want to call them, I used the plastidip mettalizer as a final flash coat before 4 final coats of clear coat. No problems so far.
Lots of people make a ton of money on utube. Most of the guys who make those daily videos of supercars amassed them from just being watched by fans. I just don't understand how all that money is raked in.

Lots of people make a ton of money on utube. Most of the guys who make those daily videos of supercars amassed them from just being watched by fans. I just don't understand how all that money is raked in.

I have a friend who retired and now repairs small engines. Lawn mowers, tillers, snow-blowers, etc. He videos every repair, step by step, parts he uses, tools he uses, whatever. He's been posting his vids on youtube now for about 4 years and has millions of subscribers, thereby a lot of advertising tags on to his posts. The advertising companies pay him pennies every time someone opens his vids. At this point him and his wife go to Mexico for 3 months every winter.... His youtube income pays for the entire vacation.

• Wow
Reactions: tyho
Well i guess i better look for some. Where did you get them please? The front one bugs me more than the rear.
I ordered these carbon flash ones last month, they arrived quickly and seem to be exactly like factory. I'll install in the spring, I can't stand that little bit of chrome on a blacked out car! (somehow I got linked to them when I was searching from Amazon.ca and didn't realize I'd ordered from .com)

Amazon product ASIN B07Z3924VW
Amazon product ASIN B081D7FS65

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.