What brand are your side markers? I'm planning for Oracle/blacked out. What about the red back strip light marker?
My window tint guy did them all for 75.00 and they look great. Oracle lights look really nice, just a little pricey.

My window tint guy did them all for 75.00 and they look great. Oracle lights look really nice, just a little pricey.

Ok I see it now looking at the picture, the orange and red are just tiny"bleeps". I'm going to try and stay "legal" because I don't want drama from the police. If I have issues with the police my GF is going to get on my case too with even more BS. I was pulled over many times when I was a teen with painted tail lights and I had to replace them. On another car I was being pulled over every other week, I think they put me in their system and harassed me too much I sold the car. I didn't get any tickets but I had enough of their nonsense.

There used to be a ton of pick-ups with lifts and tires and now there are none in the area. Everyone had to take them off. Luckily my offroad 4Runner on big tires was never an issue it looked like a trail truck and never had a problem. My tire supplier sold his lifted truck the cops were constantly on him with safety checks.

Ok I see it now looking at the picture, the orange and red are just tiny"bleeps". I'm going to try and stay "legal" because I don't want drama from the police. If I have issues with the police my GF is going to get on my case too with even more BS. I was pulled over many times when I was a teen with painted tail lights and I had to replace them. On another car I was being pulled over every other week, I think they put me in their system and harassed me too much I sold the car. I didn't get any tickets but I had enough of their nonsense.

There used to be a ton of pick-ups with lifts and tires and now there are none in the area. Everyone had to take them off. Luckily my offroad 4Runner on big tires was never an issue it looked like a trail truck and never had a problem. My tire supplier sold his lifted truck the cops were constantly on him with safety checks.
I heard some areas of Quebec and Ontario are terrible for modified vehicles. Technically even Oracle's will be illegal. They are really bad in our little town for tinted windows. I rarely drive around here and if I do I roll the windows down. I mostly travel into Alberta in the summer, they rarely bother anyone there, lifted trucks and tinted everything!

I heard some areas of Quebec and Ontario are terrible for modified vehicles. Technically even Oracle's will be illegal. They are really bad in our little town for tinted windows. I rarely drive around here and if I do I roll the windows down. I mostly travel into Alberta in the summer, they rarely bother anyone there, lifted trucks and tinted everything!

I don't mind driving with the Oracle on, that way if a cop is watching cars drive by then they would reflect the proper colors. When the car is parked then everything is blacked out?

I have them for my Z06 waiting till spring to install them
I just ordered mine, same thing, spring install. There are not that many "tasteful" mods for the already beautiful Corvette. I think this is a nice, easily reversable way to personallize your car. Trying to justify the headlights now at around 2000.00, tough to slip that one by accounting haha.

Reactions: RockyPM
I just ordered mine, same thing, spring install. There are not that many "tasteful" mods for the already beautiful Corvette. I think this is a nice, easily reversable way to personallize your car. Trying to justify the headlights now at around 2000.00, tough to slip that one by accounting haha.

I would think, given that where you live Dan, that seeing better in the dark would be very justifiable purely from a safety perspective alone. Deer, elk, moose, mountain sheep... Seeing them before they end up on the hood or the windshield .... I definitely think accounting would rubber stamp that one...... :angelic:

I would think, given that where you live Dan, that seeing better in the dark would be very justifiable purely from a safety perspective alone. Deer, elk, moose, mountain sheep... Seeing them before they end up on the hood or the windshield .... I definitely think accounting would rubber stamp that one...... :angelic:
All good points, will save these comments and attach them to the Visa bill :)

I just thought the exact same thing haha. Be right back:)

Lots of aftermarkets out there for every model as well. On sale right now at a few shops..... And Dan.... You will have to tell accounting that it's a theft deterrent modification. No one would steal a car so easily recognizable... lol...

• Haha
Reactions: Dantanman
Looks great! I am actually removing my badging. Black car totally blacked out.

All my badging has been changed to carbon fiber and no color. (except the Z06 badges on the carbon fiber front quarter vents.) As the red calipers and stripe on the wheels are there it seems to work to tie it all together with a bit of red on those side badges. My markers are also totally blacked out as well with bright LEDs behind so they light up well when on.

Personally, on a black car I like the blacked out look.

Reactions: Dantanman and Tango
What brand are your side markers? I'm planning for Oracle/blacked out. What about the red back strip light marker?

I have the Oracle side markers painted black. (You have a choice of any color) They are expensive but are a full row of LEDs, not just 3 bulbs. Great quality and plug right into the harnesses. I definitely recommend them.

All my badging has been changed to carbon fiber and no color. (except the Z06 badges on the carbon fiber front quarter vents.) As the red calipers and stripe on the wheels are there it seems to work to tie it all together with a bit of red on those side badges. My markers are also totally blacked out as well with bright LEDs behind so they light up well when on.

Personally, on a black car I like the blacked out look.

After seeing all those blacked out vettes on the net I'm not putting any red stripes on mine. I'm going to go the blacked out look depending on legality, window tint mostly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.