I ended up talking to the guy who made the video and he has contacted vettelights and I also made an enquiry to Morimoto and got the same response. There is confusion over this but to be clear the c6 corvette is where the issue was discovered and thus the sequential light option is not available for the C6 however for the C7 corvette there is no such issue and the sequential light was not discontinued. I guess that clears it all up and so all the c7 taillights will have the option to choose sequential or not.
Thanks that is great news!

I ended up talking to the guy who made the video and he has contacted vettelights and I also made an enquiry to Morimoto and got the same response. There is confusion over this but to be clear the c6 corvette is where the issue was discovered and thus the sequential light option is not available for the C6 however for the C7 corvette there is no such issue and the sequential light was not discontinued. I guess that clears it all up and so all the c7 taillights will have the option to choose sequential or not.
Interesting as he just messaged me that they are going to make a new video.

Reactions: Dantanman
Interesting as he just messaged me that they are going to make a new video.
I'm not sure if we are talking to the same video guy. I messaged performance oriented who was sponsored by vettelights to do the video. After I talked to him he said he actually went out and test his own car and didn't see a delay like myself. As mentioned he said he reached out to vettelights whom confirmed the issue was isolated to the c6 taillights. Either way I have my lights on the car and they work great so I have zero concern regarding a delay causing any safety issue.

I'm not sure if we are talking to the same video guy. I messaged performance oriented who was sponsored by vettelights to do the video. After I talked to him he said he actually went out and test his own car and didn't see a delay like myself. As mentioned he said he reached out to vettelights whom confirmed the issue was isolated to the c6 taillights. Either way I have my lights on the car and they work great so I have zero concern regarding a delay causing any safety issue.
That's all that matters! Yes there was some confusion on C6/C7.

I do like the overall look and sequential feature of the Morimoto lights. Prob only going to hang onto my C7 for another year and get into a C8.... however, if I change my mind I shall be installing the Morimotos. After 8 or 9mos of usage and washings I would be interested in knowing if you notice any fogging (I hope not) inside the lenses.

Well, pulled the plug and installed the Morimotos. Personally, I like the look. They may not be for everyone, but in my mind the gamble paid off. I think the blacked out lenses contrast very nicely against the color of my car. Beside the sequential option, the reverse lights are awesome.

Attachments

• 20200922_151450[1483].jpg
    20200922_151450[1483].jpg
    408 KB · Views: 27
Well, pulled the plug and installed the Morimotos. Personally, I like the look. They may not be for everyone, but in my mind the gamble paid off. I think the blacked out lenses contrast very nicely against the color of my car. Beside the sequential option, the reverse lights are awesome.
Very happy with mine and yes the reverse lights are a huge improvement over stock.

Attachments

• IMG_1497.jpg
    IMG_1497.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 27
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.