Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are reading the constraint list incorrectly.........The constraint list means the number available in the country for that order cycle. So if you wanted Z51 for example there was 120 cars that could be build for Canada and get the Z51 package. So in a month when 240 C8's are build for delivery in Canada there is 120 z51 packages available so I put in for it and I got it as that is a high number because it is for all of the dealer orders as well as custom orders for people like us. If 121 people wanted it then one person would not get their car build and their order would be rejected by GM unless they had a secondary order that had non Z51 as a back up. Your dealership has the ability to put in a first selection built car and a second if they so choose for each person. many choose to go to the next person in line if they don't feel your specific built car has a high chance of getting accepted by GM So if you have the 5VM Carbon Fiber aero on your build and there is zero allotted for Canada as there was my order week then your dealership would go to the next person in the list and see if they have the aero package listed as part of their build. So this constraint list is for the Entire month for all of Canadian orders so a lot of orders may have been skipped over if you wanted any black wheels other than the 5 star as there is zero black wheels other than those for the entire month for Canada. Dealerships could easily call and ask if you would be willing to change your order on those wheels or they might just go to th enext in line who hasn't asked for them. Remember either way they get a order placed and sell a car. Doesn't matter if it's to you or the next guys, the big dealerships are about volume, and the more they sell the more they get for allocations don't forget that!

I must be a simpleton. Can someone please explain this chart? I understand the left column. I understand the description column. But the whole upper Qty. makes no sense. It says 0 constraints? That means to me 0 issues, move forward. If some can explain each column, that would be awesome. And what’s Test Place BTG?
I don't know what the columns on the far right mean but the constrains means amount available for the month for all of Canada so zero high wing spoilers and zero black wheels and 120 Z51 packages available for the entire country

Constraints can vary from dealer to dealer.
No the constraints that get sent to Canada are for the entire country, the placement constraints are what you would see in the right columns. Placed quantity would mean if that dealership got a placed quantity of say 5 in the z51 row then that dealership would be allowed 5 of the 120 z51 packages. But they don't each get different constraints. the large dealerships are just given some of the constraint quantity for their specific orders so they are guaranteed some of the possible available quantity of the constraint items

I think unlike you 2, my allocation is coming up at the other (bigger) dealer, I was expecting the call to come in from them first. So I cannot afford to get a call and just keep passing my turn until Sept just in case the ‘24 model has better options or performance. And since I have a lot of aftermarket work being done on my C8 (arriving in a few weeks), I am expecting a hefty bill for the install, so that deposit will help fund that work. Can’t have it all like the saying goes and with a 2.9 sec car I won’t use half of that on the road, and doing the new options will be huge items. Moving the deposit to a corvette SUV waitlist, that is a whole other story :)
I like your thinking.........I wonder if my wife wants a new SUV?

No the constraints that get sent to Canada are for the entire country, the placement constraints are what you would see in the right columns. Placed quantity would mean if that dealership got a placed quantity of say 5 in the z51 row then that dealership would be allowed 5 of the 120 z51 packages. But they don't each get different constraints. the large dealerships are just given some of the constraint quantity for their specific orders so they are guaranteed some of the possible available quantity of the constraint items
That's not what he meant. What he is saying is GM tells the dealers what they can have. The constraints chart is a guideline for them as to why they must or must not order a Z51. In other words, constraints vary from dealer to dealer.

Last edited:
I think its time to start an official "Stingray list of who is on the list" that will help people track dealer allocations, wait times, and become a crowdsourced resource for those who are waiting for a C8 Stingray or is looking to get on the list for one.

List has been updated:

@Thom - on the list since May 2021 - Bill Spencer- got allocation Sept 2022 and delivered Nov 2022
@Larthen - on the list since May 2021 - Preston (Langley, BC)
@ggurface - on the list since Oct 2021 - Wilson Niblett - got allocation Dec 2022 and delivered April 2023
@Neils - on the list since April 2021 - Finch- got allocation March 2023 and is now Status 3400
@Hanko_ - on the list since April 2021 - Bill Spencer - got allocation March 2023 and is now status 3400
@Vbill - on the list since June 2021 - Preston (Langley BC)
@butsy - on the list since July 2021 - Brian Cullen - got allocation Feb 2023 and is now Status 3400
@HHL - VETTE - on the list since July 2021 - New Roads Chevy (Newmarket, ON)
@Mr.Corvette - on the list since Aug 2021 - Barry Cullen
@GCrone - on the list since Sept 2021 - Brian Cullen
@Johnny21C8 - on the list since Feb 2022 - Capital Chevy (AB) - got allocation Jan 2023
@amit916 - on the list since Feb 2022- Bill Spencer
@Mr.Corvette - on the list since April 2022 - Brian Cullen
@Pics999
- on the list since May 2022- Wheaton (Regina) - got allocation March 2023
@z06in2017 - on the list since May 2022 - Brian Cullen
@scraze66 - on the list since May 2022- Capital Chevy (AB)
@DenisC8 - on the list since July 2022 - Brian Cullen
@Joe95Polo - on the list since July 2022 - Wilson Niblett
@wdepipes - on list since Aug 2022- Capital Chevy (AB)
@Cam_rabbits - on the list since Sept 2022 - Brian Cullen
@Red Devil - on the list since Nov 2022 - Brian Cullen
@jwl300 - on the list since Jan 2023 - Brian Cullen
@Cariboocreek - on the list since Jan 2023 - Schwab (Leduc, AB)
@VroomVroom - on the list since Feb 2023 - Capital Chevy (AB)
@mcdavies - on the list since march 2023- Brian Cullen
@Zedder - on the list since April 2023 - Brian Cullen
@JimM - on list since Feb 2022 - Mertin / Bannister GM (Chilliwack BC)

Reactions: Murray20c8
I was #17 when I went on the list Feb 2022 and as of a few weeks ago I was advised I am #13, so sloooow going.
Very small dealer I guess. With only 4 allocations per year, it will take you a while.
I'd likely still be on a list with my local small dealer if I went with them. That's why I went with a large volume dealer 2 hours away.
You never know though, so hopefully you get an allocation sooner than later!

This is so exciting, my dealer sent me my status code dates (pulled it from the system in table format), to allow me to update my signature here on the forums. Hoping for no delays on the next phases, counting the days to ensure we can get this thing built / modded in time for the June 17 Grand Prix weekend / son's grad !!! See my new signature for some of the stuff going on the car, not doing anything overly crazy like a wide body kit, even though there is one out there I would consider (Anderson Z06 style), if it did not cost $20k.

Deposit: May 22/21, 1100/2000: Mar 18/23, 3000: Mar 21/23, 3100: Apr 20/23, 3300: Apr 21/23, TPW: May 08/23, 3400: TBD, 3800: TBD, 4000: TBD, 4200: TBD, 5000: TBD, 6000: TBD

You can't be at 2000 in May of 2021 and go to 3000 more than a year later. Your order was generated May of 2021 and you went to 2000 likely somewhere early 2023

I put my deposit down in December 2021 at WN and still nothing even though I've been asked several times in the last 6 months to give them my final order.
Was it Jeff you are dealing with? It sounds really weird what you are dealing with.

Yes, Jeff was excellent when working with him on my 2020. I don't know if he's getting dicked around by GM or Management but man its getting frustrating. Wanted to sell my 2020 before the 3 year warranty was up but its not looking good. Considered buying a used Hellcat but I just love the C8.
I have been hearing about Stingray allocations today. Have you checked with Jeff today or can you check with him Friday to see how many allocations that they got today?
It is rarely reported on here how many allocations Wilson-Niblett receives each month. I am hearing they got 10 today. If you have been asked for the last 6 months to submit your order
during that period of time WN should have received over 40 allocations so your order should have been sent. Let me know what you find out!

Status
Not open for further replies.