There is some discussion in that. Given the strike, they may have stock piled some parts but they should have a 2 weeks supply on hand.
It is my understanding that at 3400 the parts are in the building.
Excellent. I thought I had seen that somewhere before but couldn’t remember exactly where. Being new to the process there is a lot of information to absorb. It’s considerably more involved than buying a new lawn tractor ! Thanks. Now it’s back to the waiting game likely till spring as we usually see snow here by the end of October in Yellowknife. Brrrrrr.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Excellent. I thought I had seen that somewhere before but couldn’t remember exactly where. Being new to the process there is a lot of information to absorb. It’s considerably more involved than buying a new lawn tractor ! Thanks. Now it’s back to the waiting game likely till spring as we usually see snow here by the end of October in Yellowknife. Brrrrrr.
You can change your profile as I was looking at your province as AB for Alberta, but now I see you added Yellowknife.

You can change your profile as I was looking at your province as AB for Alberta, but now I see you added Yellowknife.
I would have liked to but when I registered, and still, there is no option for any of the three territories. I did point that out in a post and one of the administrators was going to look into it as far as I know .

I would have liked to but when I registered, and still, there is no option for any of the three territories. I did point that out in a post and one of the administrators was going to look into it as far as I know .
I asked and I just asked again. To the supreme master of all things CCF. The man behind the curtain! ;)

I asked and I just asked again. To the supreme master of all things CCF. The man behind the curtain! ;)
The mystery man! After all, even though we are quite often forgotten or out of mind for a lot of people, we do account for almost one third of the geographical area of the Country. We even have some paved roads !

WHAT! Now there's a waste of tax dollars! ;)
I could refer to some greater wastes of tax dollars but that seems to be a touchy subject for some around here. Oh well , that’s where the word “ opinion “ originated I guess. And I do agree that this is not the ideal platform for political discussion.

Reactions: 12cents and Dik
I could refer to some greater wastes of tax dollars but that seems to be a touchy subject for some around here. Oh well , that’s where the word “ opinion “ originated I guess. And I do agree that this is not the ideal platform for political discussion.
I was kidding. Not political. More a poke at NWT population number.

Reactions: Bixter44
Speaking of roads, what's the driving like up there? Pardon my ignorance, but is it flat or are their some nice corner carving roads?
The municipal boundary encompasses 136 sq km . 98% are paved. Most are in pretty good shape considering the permafrost the road crews have to deal with in certain areas. I did order mag ride though, lol . There are 22,000 people here and YK is the territorial capital so pretty solid tax base. Flat for the most part, as for good driving roads there is a 70 km recently resurfaced road leading to several lakes and campgrounds heading east out of town which is pretty winding but it’s an out and back situation. Then there is the one and only highway heading south. But it of course leads to the rest of North America ! I see several road trips south once the snow goes. I love driving. Until then it’s sim racing all winter I’m afraid.

The municipal boundary encompasses 136 sq km . 98% are paved. Most are in pretty good shape considering the permafrost the road crews have to deal with in certain areas. I did order mag ride though, lol . There are 22,000 people here and YK is the territorial capital so pretty solid tax base. Flat for the most part, as for good driving roads there is a 70 km recently resurfaced road leading to several lakes and campgrounds heading east out of town which is pretty winding but it’s an out and back situation. Then there is the one and only highway heading south. But it of course leads to the rest of North America ! I see several road trips south once the snow goes. I love driving. Until then it’s sim racing all winter I’m afraid.
I should have added that the total population of the territory is about 45,000 but spread over a huge area.

I was kidding. Not political. More a poke at NWT population number.
I understand. It wasn’t your comment I was referring to it was related to a post of mine that was deemed inappropriate by one of the administrators. Certainly that’s what they are there for and I commend them for their dedication.

You had me at paved roads..... Just came back from a week long trip to downtown TO, paved is definitely an optimistic statement around there.
I hear ya . I suppose the issue on any road is vehicle density per mile. You couldn’t give me ten C8’s to sit in bumper to bumper rush “ hours “ traffic in any city just to get to work every day and then back home. Nice to visit but wouldn’t want to live there. Also , how often do you get to use Launch Control?

• Haha
I hear ya . I suppose the issue on any road is vehicle density per mile. You couldn’t give me ten C8’s to sit in bumper to bumper rush “ hours “ traffic in any city just to get to work every day and then back home. Nice to visit but wouldn’t want to live there. Also , how often do you get to use Launch Control?
Toronto isn't all about the 401. Yes, both it and the gardner are lousy roads in places, but for those who can, can use the 407 paid highway. For me the cost was justified. I was pulling my hair out using alternate routes. Ignorant people driving under the speed limit in the fast lane while the slow lanes often are faster. No wonder there is road rage. However, I hear there are worse places to drive. California being one.

Toronto isn't all about the 401. Yes, both it and the gardner are lousy roads in places, but for those who can, can use the 407 paid highway. For me the cost was justified. I was pulling my hair out using alternate routes. Ignorant people driving under the speed limit in the fast lane while the slow lanes often are faster. No wonder there is road rage. However, I hear there are worse places to drive. California being one.
Technically they are not fast lanes they are passing lanes. Speed limits apply equally in all lanes

Technically they are not fast lanes they are passing lanes. Speed limits apply equally in all lanes
Whatever. Semantics. The fast lane is for 20 over and the slow lane is for 10 under. Speed limits are arbitrary and have nothing to do with the quality or safety of the roads themselves.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.