Jan 25, 2009
Saskatoon
VetteCoins
Car
73 Corvette Coupe
I just learned someone is trying to start a Saskatoon Corvette Club. They have started a website (saskatooncorvetteclub.com) and will be holding a public meeting May 6th @ 7:00 at 1302 Alberta Ave. (Cosmopolitan Industries). Just thought I would pass on this information.

I am going to try to make it out to the meeting to at least see what it is all about. Hope to see some other members out!

T

....yeah I seen the ad on kijiji . No way I can check it out as it is farming time of year for me. But who ever goes to it , post info here as to what all is in the works. I was wondering if there is a Corvette show & shine 'round here ever now that I have one, maybe something will start up if there is enough interest.

Last night was a small gathering with approximately 14 people present.
There are 4 people on the executive who just wanted to gauge from the rest of the group what they want everyone to see in a club, what sort of things should we expect in the first year, what sort of runs and commitments we want to make.
They seem to be quite a good group, very laid back, no attitudes. They're just forming a club because they are Corvette enthusiasts and want a club for other Corvette enthusiasts, however, they also stated that they are car enthusiasts as well so meeting up with other clubs is great.
Meetings are once a month and will be followed by a cruise of some sort. Quite nice that it comes across more as a community/membership run club than a board run club telling the members what to do.

If anyone has specific questions, feel free to ask me or I can ask one of the executives for answers.

Second Corvette Club of Saskatoon meeting tonight. Will keep people posted on any updates. If anyone wishes to go, send me a PM and I'll send you the address or we can organize to meet before.

After this meeting, when the date of the next meeting is set up, I'll post it so people have time to plan ahead.

A couple updates.

June 27th: There will be a cruise to Delisle to meet up with another car club for a couple hours, then we'll head down HW 45 to Outlook. Someone said HW45 was redone and in good shape. In Outlook, we'll stop and get a tour of the museum where they will provide us with a free lunch! (I always love free stuff :D). After Outlook, we'll come up 219 to Dakota Dune to finish the cruise.

Also I am trying to book spots for Cruise Weekend downtown.

A couple updates.

June 27th: There will be a cruise to Delisle to meet up with another car club for a couple hours, then we'll head down HW 45 to Outlook. Someone said HW45 was redone and in good shape. In Outlook, we'll stop and get a tour of the museum where they will provide us with a free lunch! (I always love free stuff :D). After Outlook, we'll come up 219 to Dakota Dune to finish the cruise.

Also I am trying to book spots for Cruise Weekend downtown.
Im new to the forum but would love to come for a cruise. Although my 76 isn't completely redone but is driveable! let me know some details!

Hey Scottie! I'm not too sure we'll allow any Corvettes that aren't completely finished. :D
Just kidding. It would be great having you out. Also on the Thursday the 18th, I'm inviting anyone out for a get together on 8th street across from the Dairy Queen at 7:00ish if your interested in coming out to look at a couple cars.

Hey Scottie! I'm not too sure we'll allow any Corvettes that aren't completely finished. :D
Just kidding. It would be great having you out. Also on the Thursday the 18th, I'm inviting anyone out for a get together on 8th street across from the Dairy Queen at 7:00ish if your interested in coming out to look at a couple cars.
I'm liking this forum already! I'll be working that week unfortunately

I'll keep you updated with any meets. The Saskatoon Corvette Club meets the second Wednesday of the month (then has other events). And, I'm not sure if you saw the other thread in the 306 section but I'll be informally heading out to 8th street on the first and third Thursday of the month so hopefully this will give you lots of opportunity to come out and just enjoy your car and hang out with some other Corvette people.

Well, had a meet at Elim Church on the weekend. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate but the free bbq helped! Oh well, a good start for the season anyway!

Only one picture and look at the cars bead that water! Woo! Actually the coolest thing was hearing the stock 1928 Model T Ford truck fire up and drive off. Just awesome to hear those old engines!

IMG_4817.JPG

Haha, Thanks B03Z! I'm sure you mean it was a cool shot because it was so cold out? :D I think we hit a high of 12 on Sunday. I was impressed that the fellows (our own 73vette) and a club member came out with their pristine 73 and 70 Corvettes!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.