Apr 26, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette2021
Province
QC
did somebody find a solution for HTC C8 rear view mirror, i have tried a couple installations, but not perfect , i only use my C8 top down…… sorry for my bad English.

Attachments

• IMG_4572.jpeg
    IMG_4572.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_4569.jpeg
    IMG_4569.jpeg
    808 KB · Views: 27
did somebody find a solution for HTC C8 rear view mirror, i have tried a couple installations, but not perfect , i only use my C8 top down…… sorry for my bad English.
Adjusting your side mirrors properly. Sorry, I don't buy that the HTC is much worse than the coupe. A little sure, but when the side mirrors are adjusted properly there should be no blind spots.

My motorhome uses a fixed lower convex mirror on both sides, mounted below the adjustable ones.
Works well in that context, long vehicle, with significant blind spots, both sides.
But they all do need to be adjusted properly.
Or, if that doesn't work, there's always this option...
Amazon product ASIN B0B418WJQD

Agreed, side view mirror adjustment. It's surprising how many people don't know how to adjust their mirrors. Lean to the side of the car the mirror is on, then adjust so that the side of the car just shows. Repeat for both sides. You'll see that when a car comes up beside you, it disappears in the rearview mirror just as it appears in the sideview mirror, and then disappears from the sideview mirror just as it appears in your peripheral vision. Test in traffic and fine tune as needed. Easy peasy...

Agreed, side view mirror adjustment. It's surprising how many people don't know how to adjust their mirrors. Lean to the side of the car the mirror is on, then adjust so that the side of the car just shows. Repeat for both sides. You'll see that when a car comes up beside you, it disappears in the rearview mirror just as it appears in the sideview mirror, and then disappears from the sideview mirror just as it appears in your peripheral vision. Test in traffic and fine tune as needed. Easy peasy...
I get someone (my wife) to walk beside the car from the back to the front to confirm the sightlines and adjust if necessary. Like you say. Easy Peasy

Small round convex mirrors fro Canadian Tire, placed in the sw corner of your car’s side mirrors. Have had those on every single car for the last 30 years.
Very simple, quick, and cheap solution.

Given the ton of crap many corvette owners like to stick to their corvettes, this is by far the most useful one. And one of the least hideous, IMO.

Wait, what? Did that hurt? LOL!

Small round convex mirrors fro Canadian Tire, placed in the sw corner of your car’s side mirrors. Have had those on every single car for the last 30 years.
Very simple, quick, and cheap solution.

Given the ton of crap many corvette owners like to stick to their corvettes, this is by far the most useful one. And one of the least hideous, IMO.

Wait, what? Did that hurt? LOL!
I agree, I have/had those on all my cars including the corvette

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.