Mar 29, 2014
Vero Beach, FL (was Brampton ON)
VetteCoins
Car
2014 Z51 M7 Coupe
So yesterday morning my wife was dropping my son off at school when she received a"Rear Axle" warning, she dismissed it and returned home instead of driving to work ( first sunny day is a bit ).

So I called service and then ran the car over. So during the day I got a call and they said that there were some diagnostic codes that they had to investigate further and would have to keep the car overnight.

Just got the call, Rear Differential Control module needs to be replaced. Problem is that it is backordered and availability is 10-14 days out :mad: .

I hate leaving it there and want it back in my garage, but they said if I picked it up and returned it when the part arrived any further damage would not be covered by GM. The service manager has said it will be put inside every night but still not happy.

There goes the last few weeks of the driving season, and to top it off end of next week leaving on a trip for a few weeks, so now it won't be home for over a month. :swear:

On a side note when I pulled in to the service drop off bay, there was a red C7 in front of me.

It was a sad site, I keep mine detailed and spotless, this one in front was dirty, mud up the sides and was in for a little front end work. Looks like it had just bumped into something but needed some new grill pieces, plate holder and if lucky could buff out the bumper if they decided not to clean up all the stone chips on it.

I guess not everyone treats their Corvette like I/we do. Made me sad to see it like that.

On a side note when I pulled in to the service drop off bay, there was a red C7 in front of me.

It was a sad site, I keep mine detailed and spotless, this one in front was dirty, mud up the sides and was in for a little front end work. Looks like it had just bumped into something but needed some new grill pieces, plate holder and if lucky could buff out the bumper if they decided not to clean up all the stone chips on it.

I guess not everyone treats their Corvette like I/we do. Made me sad to see it like that.

Sad but true.:( I can't stand even a bug on mine. Funny how people's perspective of caring for a car varies a lot. To some it's just a car and they don't worry about it. I always think of the saying, "There's only one person I'd buy a used car from and that is me".

It would be sitting in my garage even if I had to have to towed. Get the mileage recorded by the service writer tell him how many miles home and back. If they refused warranty over that, well I think you would have a case.

I would not leave it at a dealer.

It would be sitting in my garage even if I had to have to towed. Get the mileage recorded by the service writer tell him how many miles home and back. If they refused warranty over that, well I think you would have a case.

I would not leave it at a dealer.

I've recorded the mileage and they'll treat me right. Wife was not happy and wanted the good mats out. So dealer sent driver over to pick me up, took the weathertech's with me, swapped the mats out, weathertech's in, picked up loaner. Got a crappy Terrain, but was short notice.

They are trying to get me a car in their Diamond class ( Discount ). Said they possibly have one corvette in Canadian fleet that they may be able to bring in, if not will get me a Benz, BMW or CTS, but I told him if not a Vette, try for a Camaro SS.

Now we wait for parts. :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.