Feb 22, 2023
Saskatchewan
VetteCoins
Car
70th Coupe Z51
Province
SK
Took delivery Friday evening drove it a few times over the weekend (I dont think I could even call it spirted) maybe got 90km on the car and the transmission started acting up I was getting 'rear axle system is off' on the dash display I also noticed sometimes when I stopped completely the car would show it was in second gear still and would start in second gear, then came the CEL I got the diagnostics report from Onstar which showed 2 codes P0700 and P2818 by no surprise is related to the transmission. Almost 5 months to deliver after build date due to railyard fun I got 2 days of enjoyment which was indeed awesome. Car is getting looked at tomorrow im hoping it gets sorted in time that i can still drive it a bit this season I want the bugs worked out now so I dont have to miss any driving in the next season. This car may be cursed stay tuned.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 8.31.33 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 8.31.33 PM.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 0
Took delivery Friday evening drove it a few times over the weekend (I dont think I could even call it spirted) maybe got 90km on the car and the transmission started acting up I was getting 'rear axle system is off' on the dash display I also noticed sometimes when I stopped completely the car would show it was in second gear still and would start in second gear, then came the CEL I got the diagnostics report from Onstar which showed 2 codes P0700 and P2818 by no surprise is related to the transmission. Almost 5 months to deliver after build date due to railyard fun I got 2 days of enjoyment which was indeed awesome. Car is getting looked at tomorrow im hoping it gets sorted in time that i can still drive it a bit this season I want the bugs worked out now so I dont have to miss any driving in the next season. This car may be cursed stay tuned.
Your trans has put itself into limp mode, second gear start to limit and restrict use. This mode is intended to cause you to contact your dealer which you have done. The first code thrown is a generic one and the second code is more specific but will likely require further diagnosis to determine actual component in the sequence at fault. Your dealer will also have all the reference bulletins for this fault code. Good luck!

Got the car back today was told transmission was reprogrammed so I took it for a burn tonight and the transmission seemed alright going up through the gears but down shifting not so smooth especially dropping to 3 gear in auto mode seemed to kinda clunk into 3rd. By the end of the drive I had 'rear axle system is off' and engine light back on 🤮. Ive read others with the same codes needing valve body replacement or even tranny swap what a headache, on a side note I also noticed when I installed a set of jacking pucks tonight before I headed out that the dealer installed the track only cooling ducts on the rear 🤦‍♂️. to be continued....

Got the car back today was told transmission was reprogrammed so I took it for a burn tonight and the transmission seemed alright going up through the gears but down shifting not so smooth especially dropping to 3 gear in auto mode seemed to kinda clunk into 3rd. By the end of the drive I had 'rear axle system is off' and engine light back on 🤮. Ive read others with the same codes needing valve body replacement or even tranny swap what a headache, on a side note I also noticed when I installed a set of jacking pucks tonight before I headed out that the dealer installed the track only cooling ducts on the rear 🤦‍♂️. to be continued....
Bummer

2024 C8 Manual, at least the version I have.....

View attachment 114778
Found this information if it’s credible would affect some MY2023 builds”…July 17th 2023 and vin# 7263 are when the new case not new transmission was changed. The new case does not need the 2 extra quarts. The internals are the same. I was told this face to face with Harlan Charles.”

“Harlan represents Chevrolet marketing and the Corvette customer with the Corvette Engineering team for the current and future Corvettes. His job is to make sure product decisions support making Corvette customers happy.”

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
I knew I saw that date/vin somewhere, thanks for digging it up.
Regarding Harlan, I guess his statement would certainly make "Corvette customers happy", which is in his job description.

Pics999, really hope you get this resolved ASAP. I would bring you a wobbly pop or Tim's coffee if we lived closer.:)

Reactions: MKC8 and Pics999
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.