A 1962 AVANTI. Produced sixty years ago and still looks close to current styling.
Well ahead of their time IMHO. Fiberglass body. Unfortunately the company went bankrupt.

View attachment 100718

View attachment 100719
I did not Know they were fiberglass, so I looked it up and ther a re a few similarities to Corvettes. The body panels were made by the same company that did them for the vettes, it had under bumper air intake for rad cooling and could be had with a supercharged 289 V8.

Just in case you are looking to make a reservation. LOL
IMG_2345.JPG

Corn? You can do better than that.:Party:
And feed corn on top of that. Not even a row of sweet corn.
I'll talk to the farmer for next year JC
I have a pic in Velocity Yellow thread
With the combine to boot
You can see it here. Just scroll down a bit

We have been fueling with high-octane
during our X-🇨🇦 trip and just passed a
red C8 as we headed West from
Terrace Bay ONT this morning 👍🏻

B21EDC64-85BD-4658-B7AB-24510547839A.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone noticed the extra-large bright star in the east sky for the last couple weeks. It was Jupiter. The closest it has been in 59 years. Research said with binoculars you could see the clouds around the planet. This is a picture I took from 444 million miles away. Was as close as I could get. Gives you a good idea of its immense size. Just over 10 times larger than our planet.

jupiter.jpg

Don't know if anyone noticed the extra-large bright star in the east sky for the last couple weeks. It was Jupiter. The closest it has been in 59 years. Research said with binoculars you could see the clouds around the planet. This is a picture I took from 444 million miles away. Was as close as I could get. Gives you a good idea of its immense size. Just over 10 times larger than our planet.

View attachment 101394
Probably ten times smarter too. LOL.

Either side you look at this sign first …
It’s a “going there / coming back”
Or a “been there, done it” kinda sign.
Too costly to do this at the CST-MDT line
because you’d have to move it
twice each year 😂

96CEAE2F-8955-4FA8-802B-422213F1E197.jpeg
093715F5-0615-4398-B274-6F3C642E6910.jpeg

Either side you look at this sign first …
It’s a “going there / coming back”
Or a “been there, done it” kinda sign.
Too costly to do this at the CST-MDT line
because you’d have to move it
twice each year 😂

View attachment 101401
View attachment 101402
Something like the sign outside of Thunder Bay on the way to Winnipeg.
One side says all river flow to Hudson Bay and the other all rivers flow south

Reactions: YFCvii
Something like the sign outside of Thunder Bay on the way to Winnipeg.
One side says all river flow to Hudson Bay and the other all rivers flow south
Exactly … we ripped by the watershed sign as if we were in a corvette … no time to ready for a drive-by photo … damg

This sign I posted is just west of Thunderbay and the watershed sign not far from that. 🙂👍🏻

Last edited:
Got Brenda's family together at our place yesterday for TG dinner. Hooked up the old tractor to one of my trailers and loaded it full of straw and surprised them all with a hay ride around the farm. Was a big hit with both the adults and the kids...Then the customary building and playing in the leaf piles and finally of course the firepit and smores later in the evening.

PXL_20221009_233544444.jpg

PXL_20221009_225145070.jpg

1665460124765.png

PXL_20221010_012343690.jpg

Got Brenda's family together at our place yesterday for TG dinner. Hooked up the old tractor to one of my trailers and loaded it full of straw and surprised them all with a hay ride around the farm. Was a big hit with both the adults and the kids...Then the customary building and playing in the leaf piles and finally of course the firepit and smores later in the evening.

View attachment 101586

View attachment 101585

View attachment 101588

View attachment 101587
We sold our cottage a couple of years ago on Clear/Stony Lake, your pics brought back many memories of the great piles of leafs and fires by the lake, with your kind of stuff, ha! I just sent a couple of pics (minus. the farm tractor) to our younger grans, reminding them of all the fun times we had together at the lake, especially Thanksgiving weekend. Thank you for posting!

t

Users who are viewing this thread