Here are a fewof shots from the past year of walking the trails around my area
The first is a few hours to North showing a few ice cubes grounded on the coast
ECT Hike 2015 P CV to Flatrock_1_Small.jpg

This one is a winter shot looking towards the South on what was an awesome day for a walk
ECT_looking South from Small Point_small.jpg

Here we have a bit of sea rolling in, maybe 4m of swell. I was getting wet from the spray on some parts of the trail
ECT_Stormy day in Stiles Cv_5_Small.jpg

Anytime we get a very strong NE wind we have this brook that reverses and blows right back up the cliff. In the winter the area gets coated in ice a few inches thick. I have to dig through my photos and find some of those.
IMG_20151003_164418_small.jpg

In over the country for a walk. This was on our way back along the pond. It is a pity the camera didn't catch the colours as well as we could see them
North 3 Island Pond 2.jpg

My buddy and our dogs walking along the river.
Wide part on the river.jpg

Looking back towards the river that enters the pond. The ridge way in the background is where we stopped, had a bite to eat and turned around
We had an awesome day with no wind but brisk temps
North 3 Island Pond 3.jpg

A couple of years ago I worked with a guy in Australia that was racing boats semi-professionally and his passion for the sport was equal to our passion for the cars. Look ing at the picture of these boats I can see the passion on display for everyone to see. They are all just awesome to be looking at in the pictures, I cannot imagine what it would have been like to see them in person.

A few more of the mahogany racers and a couple more outboards. If anyone is interested there is a Antique Race Boat Regatta in Clayton, New York August 2016. This event happens every two years and this is it. Just south of the Ivy Lea Bridge spend a weekend in the 1000 Islands and take in the show. Oswego Speedway is another hour down the road if you want to watch the best of pavement oval racing, Supermodifieds.

xkeqBvQl.jpg

d9QhOvhl.jpg

FT9ujtQl.jpg

WUutTmWl.jpg

8eGBq1el.jpg

WnCLrsKl.jpg

Hk7Eg03l.jpg

cko7cs2l.jpg

KvVP3Exl.jpg

fLuQSLFl.jpg

B8Db5Kol.jpg

kIV6M17l.jpg

A couple of National Treasures. The Segwin (1887) and Wenonah (2002) Steamships. There is a third ship the Wanda built in 1915 and was owned by Lady Eaton of department store fame. They run the Muskoka Lakes out of Gravenhurst, Ontario.

cnZGV0fl.jpg

Murray, post 94, fourth picture from the bottom is a Mercury Mark 20H. I ran it on a class B utility. Best speed ever, was out on Puslinch Lake just at dusk. Slight ripple on the lake and the speedo went a hair over 62 Mph. 17 feet of boat and I was sitting on the last 2"!! A ride I don't think I'll ever forget!!
Rob

On the water that is fast. I used to be an FRC coxswain years ago and we would hit those speeds in calm water. The spray used to feel like pebbles hitting your face
I can't get over how fantastic those boats look. Thanks for posting them

This one requires a little bit of a story. My father came from Paisley, Scotland. I think he was four when he arrived in Canada and yet Scotland was his home. Perhaps it was a teenagers rebellion but it always ticked me off to constantly hear about the "homeland". He managed to get to the "homeland" twice after he retired and passed away.

So one night with friends and much to much to drink we decided we were off to Scotland. I wanted to find out what my father was always talking about. It really started about the Royal Scotsman Train and their Scotch Whiskey Tour. That tour we found out was sold out so off we went in any case. My love of trains was my overriding factor, that fact that they had 150 kinds of Whiskey on board the train was my wife's reason for so readily signing on (I don't even like the smell of it!).

It is probably the closest we will ever come to getting treated like Royalty. We left from Edinburgh, Scotland and headed north.

Waiting for the Royal Scotsman with our piper and train host Mr. Ian Gardner, as we discovered a very interesting man.
qH4bTHnl.jpg

We spent a lot of time in this car! The food was incredible.
1EYfsQZl.jpg

The first of many distilleries that my wife dragged me into!
07qlHXcl.jpg

They snuck a case out of this door for her. Had no idea she could drink that much.:WillyNilly:
9CtV47tl.jpg

Our home for five days. I spent a lot of time in that engine. In fact I think I get a pension from somebody in Scotland, I was the "Official Train Whistle Blower". Apparently not every one can do this job, told me I was special.:Biggrin:
37kYL6xl.jpg

YOE87CTl.jpg

jo447Pxl.jpg

The country side from the rails.
S7CQ03bl.jpg

qQX2bXtl.jpg

kgb0vJcl.jpg

FA2fInAl.jpg

BDQcgNjl.jpg

Cpsqvkel.jpg

UjNBSY3l.jpg

GoK58fBl.jpg

Mvo3gKrl.jpg

I will finish this one on another post.

Last edited:
Reactions: NW-99SS
Continuing On….

One of country homes we visited. These private homes are now open to the public to allow the owners a tax break. They have to open to the public a certain number of days a year to qualify but many of these "homes" would not survive without these openings. The people were really charming folks and actually seemed to enjoy the company.
Mvo3gKrl.jpg

v6ilI4gl.jpg

Back to the food car. I have no idea why.
XCZq3OKl.jpg

hKrOMYFl.jpg

Our beverage room not that we ever went in there.
L1PppfZl.jpg

I found this for the C4 Guys could not find a C5, 6 or 7 car. This will do though.

q4DE3Yql.jpg

So a suggestion if you want to go on a trip and feel like you are the most important people in the world book a journey on the Royal Scotsman. I do understand what my father was always talking about. Miss him.